For me, Red Dwarf was never fall on the floor hilarious, but I've always enjoyed and at least have a smile on my face. (That's why I'd hate to be in the studio audience for anything. I don't work that way!)
    The second episode was more enjoyable than the first, but I've a horrible feeling the minute I get adjusted and prepared, relaxed to this series, it'll be the last episode in the run!

Caught up with Give and Take last night. (Or maybe watched as a preview before broadcast on UKTV Online???) Yeah, it was great. Really funny and creepy by turns and plot comes together very neatly at the end.

Random thoughts:
    Question though, I might have missed it. If they went back in time and stole Dave's kidneys, what was in the jar that Rimmer blew up?
    Big cheer to see a Skutter back in action!
    Any chance we could see Snacky again in a future episode?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    Caught up with Give and Take last night. (Or maybe watched as a preview before broadcast on UKTV Online???) Yeah, it was great. Really funny and creepy by turns and plot comes together very neatly at the end.
    I enjoyed it a lot too, my favourite of the three episodes so far.

Random thoughts:
    Question though, I might have missed it. If they went back in time and stole Dave's kidneys, what was in the jar that Rimmer blew up?
    I've seen a lot of discussion about that online, and it seems like it's a definite plot hole which doesn't make any sense.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Maybe it'll be sorted out at some point? If not as a deliberate story arc this season - as long as enough people point it out...

I'm enjoying the new new series so far - somehow they've managed to make it feel new while at the same time retaining the slight tinge of cheapness that it used to have. And yes, I'd love to see Snacky pop up again from time to time...

Despite noticing the power of comedy that works better when subtitles are switched off, "Give And Take" was the best episode since it returned and I've got another three to be amazed by!

That's pretty much how I feel Dino. This series has been a real treat. It doesn't have to be the best Red Dwarf ever, the fact that it's characters we know and love doing their stuff well is enough for me.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I enjoyed it a lot too, my favourite of the three episodes so far

I've seen a lot of discussion about that online, and it seems like it's a definite plot hole which doesn't make any sense.
    We never saw Dave's kidneys get removed - the ones in the jar could have been anyone's. They assumed that Aescipolus has taken them because they were missing, whereas they already had been missing for 2 days.
    It's bloody Day of the Daleks all over again !
    Bazinga !

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Masters View Post
    We never saw Dave's kidneys get removed - the ones in the jar could have been anyone's. They assumed that Aescipolus has taken them because they were missing, whereas they already had been missing for 2 days.
    It's bloody Day of the Daleks all over again !
    I suppose, but then where would Aescipolus have got two fresh kidneys from?
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Dewhurst's?

Well that's solved that mystery then.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Officer Rimmer was another fine episode. Some really good attention to the characters and very funny. This has been a great season

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Having just watched it this evening, I agree. As daft as ever, but really good fun - loved the barbershop quarter especially.

Best episode since it's return. Everyone of the cast used. Very funny and I'm looking forward to how next year's episodes are going to turn out!

After my disappointment with Twentica I actual feel that the rest of the run from Samsara onwards has been very strong. Particular favourites were Officer Rimmer and finale Can of Worms which almost felt like a lost episode of Red Dwarf V, I liked it that much.
    Really looking forward to Red Dwarf XII now.

Sent from my G620S-L01 using Tapatalk

PS if you pay attention at the start of Give and Take, a brief glimpse is shown of Lister having a bandage across his abdomen from having already had his kidneys removed. Nice bit of bootstrap paradox there.

Officer Rimmer was the one I saw being recorded, I enjoyed the televised version a lot but there was a lovely couple of scenes between Lister and Cat at the beginning, with them watching tv and eating popcorn, and then Rimmer moaning about how much of a failure his life has been, which were cut out. Which is a shame as it felt like series 2 Dwarf, with them just hanging around the ship and chatting randomly. Hopefully it'll turn up as a deleted scene at some point, it'd be a shame if it never saw the light of day.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

The one thing I noticed with Officer Rimmer was that the ending seemed very abrupt so I guess it must have been overrunning if some scenes got cut for transmission.

Finally watched the last episode, great series overall. Here's some ratings to argue about:

Twentica 8/10
    Samsara 8/10
    Give and Take 8/10
    Officer Rimmer 9/10
    Krysis 9/10
    Can of Worms 7/10

Which is pretty dull because I thought they were consistently very good if not perfect.

Looking at the series as a whole, we've got two ensemble-ish episodes and then an episode focussing on each member of the team in turn. It was good to have a Cat-centric story as well, they're as rare as an episode of Series 5 without a strained simile.

Here's mine, which are pretty similar, bar my dislike of Twentica.

Twentica 5/10
    Samsara 8/10
    Give and Take 8/10
    Officer Rimmer 9/10
    Krysis 8/10
    Can of Worms 8/10
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Red Dwarf trailer get ready to go "Ooh!..."

https://youtu.be/0xRMyu50E8E

I really enjoyed the last season. Super excited for this one!

I did rather enjoy series XI once it got going (once I got past my disappointment with the slightly overambitious opening episode). The trails do seem to suggest we'll get some nice bits of originality this year and having set my expectations based on last year (given that both series were filmed back to back) I'm quietly optimistic about this series.

It's on Dave next week. But it's also up online if you download the UKTV Play app thing. (And then delete it when the run finishes if it takes up too much space!)

I've watched the first two episodes so far and have to say I'm a bit disappointed. There's been some decent jokes but the plotting has been a bit weak, and the second episode felt like it could have been a two parter as there were so many fun ideas that could have been explored in further depth.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."