Default Time Incorporated: Part 1 Available now!

Brendan Jones and Simon Hart star in

Doctor Who: Time Incorporated
    by Simon Hart

Earth is devastated after the emergence of The Pattern.
    Tom and Bernie are stranded in Cambridge and The TARDIS is being torn apart.

And the Doctor has disappeared....

Download PSAudios 5.7. Time Incorporated - Episode1.mp3

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

At last!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Oh my! What a twist - and what a cliffhanger!

More thoughts later, but what an ingenious idea - a universe where the Timelords are businessmen, brilliant!

Thanks Andrew- glad you enjoyed the episode

The Time Lords idea came out of conversations about making them different in this new universe. I loved the idea of them as cruel businessmen, using their great powers to make profit. It seemed like a huge contrast to the ones we know, and nicely fitted with one of the themes we'd used throughout the season.

On my third listen through, and loving it !

Lots to love, but favourite things ATM are
    • the music - esp the start (very TOATL)
    • the hologram scene
    • the return of De Vascon !
    • the console sound effects
    Bazinga !

Downloaded, put on my MP3 Player.

I need a break from Big Finish for a bit.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Masters View Post
    On my third listen through, and loving it !

Lots to love, but favourite things ATM are
    • the music - esp the start (very TOATL)
    • the hologram scene
    • the return of De Vascon !
    • the console sound effects
    Thanks Jon!

The music is by the always great Andrew Clancy. I love it too- he's done a great job making it very Dominic Glynn Trial! His version of the Trial theme is wonderful.

The hologram scene was fun to write and then Brendan came along and ad libbed the first line and made it brill! Damn him!

Loved it :-)

Yes I did spot the "Maximum Power" quote followed by the hint of a B7 sting. Hee hee

I liked the way that The Doctor was being very flippant towards his faceless interrogators - and what thoroughly nasty chaps they were!

Tom & Berni make a good team. Oh and well done Andrew for the music.

I didn't realise Andrew C had done the music, well done sir. And the nod to Trial at the start was just perfect.

Lots to enjoy, I loved some of the interaction between Tom & Bernie - especially when they're trying to crack the combination lock and she sarcastically says that his history degrees are bound to have made him more qualified than her computer knowledge. Also liked the very-War Gamesy feel to the Time Lords early on, not just the background noise and the huge open space of the book, but also the way the three interrogators spoke, etc. All neatly done, and I can't wait for the next episode.

Thanks for your kind comments on the music. I’m afraid one of the reasons this story was so long coming was that I had to score it in my spare time, which is something that I don’t get a lot of these days.
    I must admit from very early days I wanted to include a version of Dominic Glynn’s Trail Theme in the story somewhere; the fact that it echoes TOATL by being right at the start was a lucky bonus. I wanted it to be instantly recognisable but at the same time a little different, to reflect the fact that we are in a different universe. I could have made it sound closer to the original but then there’s no point in me doing that really; might as well just use the Dominic Glynn version rather than me recreate it from scratch!

I’ve tried to keep a similar sound throughout.

As for the very short B7 cue, well I thought about it for a while; I did and sometimes still do, think it’s a little bit cheesy, but then the PS Audios are known to have been a bit cheeky on occasions, besides this story was written by Si Hart, who I know is huge B7 fan so I just thought, what the heck; it will be fun!

While I performed all the music I think kudos should go to Dominic Glynn and Dudley Simpson for actually composing the 2 afore-mentioned cues and I also need give due praise to Nick Ryder. Nick wrote and performed the music to the season opener “Invaders from Oxford”. One of the cues, which is heard in Time Incorporated (in both episodes) was written by him (and re-performed by me); it was included after Si specifically asked me to try and include it. it's a nice theme and one that I wish I'd composed myself!

The music is only a part of the whole thing and I think a very strong story with strong performances has helped me. There are some really good scenes with excellent dialog; everyone gives it their all which has allowed the music to be quite weighty at times.

Thanks again for the comments; it took a long time coming but I think you will find that Time Incorporated was well worth the wait.

This is a really good audio. I love the Maximum power/music sting.

The Cliff-hanger was really excellent...I wonder if the Doctor was "just saying that" in order to get the confidence of the directors, does he really know that he's being watched on a scanner?

I can't believe I didn't spot the B7 cue on the maximum power line the first time I heard it with the music

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    I can't believe I didn't spot the B7 cue on the maximum power line the first time I heard it with the music
    Honestly......I don't know why I bother!

Listened to it this morning on the way to work. Excellent stuff! This is actually the second time I've heard it, Si sent me a copy without the music a couple of months ago. I have to say, it's transformed the story! Not that it wasn't pretty good to begin with though.

There's loads of great stuff in here (37 minutes of it, Si - Tut tut!) with the TARDIS stretched in the tractor beam, Tom and Bernie, De Vascon, the Time Lords and Brendan being rather spiffing as the Doctor. Will try and write a bit more later

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Lethbridge-Stewart View Post
    Honestly......I don't know why I bother!
    Sorry Andrew- I got it the second time!

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    Sorry Andrew- I got it the second time!
    Luckily the cue kind of fits the moment anyway, regardless of the fact it happens to be a bit of a theme tune for a sci-fi 'in-joke'.

Thanks Steve for saying that the music transformed the story. The music wasn't too hard to do, but I struggled a bit coming up with ideas in the first place!

Part 2 is coming on Sunday!

On my way back to Sydney now (well travelled Drashig in tow)- can't wait to listen to this...

Oooh, coconut macaroons!