Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Episode 7: Greeks Bearing Gifts

Toshiko is given an alien pendant which enables her to hear other people's thoughts. As the rest of the Torchwood team puzzle over a centuries-old skeleton, the pendant forces Toshiko to question her commitment to Torchwood: is her new-found ability a blessing or a curse?
    The author of Doctor Who's School Reunion arrives on Torchwood! It's Peepshow for the Torchwood team as Tosh gets into their brains. From the advert, it also appears to feature mutant space women-who-like-women.

What could it all mean? A 'fun' episode? Or more harrowing New Adventure style madness?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

To be honest, the main thought that went through my mind was somebody with a ticklist - "right, we've got a sex mad alien, which episode can have some girl-on-girl action in it?"

However, we'll have to wait and see - maybe it'll be a revelation!

well it sounds like being a phycological horrow with the usual bad dreams cos some thing is getting into some ones head..

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    To be honest, the main thought that went through my mind was somebody with a ticklist - "right, we've got a sex mad alien, which episode can have some girl-on-girl action in it?"
    More girl on girl action, more like. Not the first time we've seen the same sex snogging on Torchwood. And I doubt it'll be the last. I'm looking forward to rewatching these when they're on DVD, cause like with series two of Who, they can't be as bad as I first thought. *crosses fingers*
    I am out there... somewhere.

Have you not taken to Torchwood too much, Andy? I'll admit I don't think it's really gelled yet, but for a first series of a new show I think it's generally pretty good (although that's not to say it couldn't be vastly better).

I'm pretty much indifferent to the show at the mo. I think it has a lot of potential, but it's being wasteful of such potential. It suffers, as does Who, with the 'look at how clever we're being' attitude, leaving us with a show that looks great on the surface but has little depth.
    I am out there... somewhere.

I hate this before I've seen it because Brian J Robb says it's rubbish over on Roobarb's. I believe everything I've ever read in Dreamwatch... even though it's just been a US TV w*nkrag for about a decade now. Sadly, I can't stop buying it!

Daniela Denby-Ashe doesn't even get her baps out and it's all been done before in blah, blah, blah....

2/10

I'm quite looking forward to this episode, though I won't actually watch it till sometime tomorrow.

If it's a Toby Whithouse script, it should be a good one. I'm looking forward to it, although the thought of Naoko Mori getting it on with Daniela Denby-Ashe fills me with horror.

(Some of this post may not actually be true.)

Did Toby Whithouse not write it then?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Tudor View Post
    If it's a Toby Whithouse script, it should be a good one. I'm looking forward to it, although the thought of Naoko Mori getting it on with Daniela Denby-Ashe fills me with horror.

My mummy will need to cover my innocent eyes.

Pip Madeley Guest

Trudi's watching Torchwood. I'm not, I just can't be bothered. I'll pick it up on DVD someday.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Madeley View Post
    Trudi's watching Torchwood. I'm not, I just can't be bothered. I'll pick it up on DVD someday.
    Careful Phil, she'll be getting ideas about girl on girl/alien action

I have to say, I really enjoyed this evening's episode, it was nice to finally get to see into Tosh's psyche at last. Personally I have no problem with snogging of any sort, I am a grown up after all!!!!

Next week's episode looks promising too, I'm looking foreward to the return of Suzie!
    One Day, I shall come back, Yes, I shall come back,
    Until them, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties, Just go forward in all your beliefs,
    and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine!

Turned out to be a good one, well done Mr Whithouse.

I bust my foot when it through the TV screen at 10:01pm!

That must be costing you a fortune.

Or it would do if TVs weren't so bloody cheap these days

I liked it! I enjoyed it more than last weeks, though it reminded me a lot of the Buffy episode where she can read peoples minds. Unusual to have a story that focused pretty much completely on one member of the team too, I know they've done character focus episodes before this, but all the other characters were usually featured quite a bit, where as this seemed to deal more with Toshi's life outside Torchwood.
    The Captain Jack stuff was interesting too, as was the mystery built up around the Skeleton. The Alien effects were a bit hokey, but I thought Daniela Denby-Ashe was great!

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Penny View Post
    Daniela Denby-Ashe was great!
    Great and sexy!
    One Day, I shall come back, Yes, I shall come back,
    Until them, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties, Just go forward in all your beliefs,
    and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord President View Post
    Great and sexy!
    Oh yes

UNIT got a mention too!

Hmmm, slightly better than the previous week's episode, but still left me with a slightly hollow feeling at the end. Good performance by Danielle Denby-Ashe, but this was the only real highlight, the story just seemed tacked on as an afterthought, to back up the "character progression". Or something.

Oh, and some more pretty awful dialogue too.....
    Last edited by Perry Vale; 27th Nov 2006 at 9:34 AM.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Another good episode, though not quite as good as Countrycide or Small Worlds. Danielle Denby-Ashe was a little bit wow.

Wayne Guest

Recorded it, but not watched it yet (until tomorrow morning probably) But Danielle Denby-Ashe is in it??

It's my favourite episode already!

I thought it was a very good episode, but to be fair that's about 90% due to the fact that Danielle Denby-Ashe was in it!!!

after last weeks episode Countrycide, I was finally stating to warm to Torchwood then this rather dissapointing episode comes along some how a story that is basicly about reading peoples mind had no excitment for me at all.

I felt the CGI of the alien looked a bit too cartoony and the ending with Jack finding out the artifact was a transporter and then reprogramming it for the centre of the sun seemed to rushed and a bit of a cop out.

As for Danielle Denby-Ashe, she is a beautifull sexy young woman and looked absoloutly gorgeous in that mini skirt and boots..

As for Danielle Denby-Ashe, she is a beautifull sexy young woman and looked absoloutly gorgeous in that mini skirt and boots..
    She's look even better out of them.