Pip Madeley Guest

Default First Who Of The Year... But Which, Hmm?

I want to watch a Doctor Who tonight. Any era. But which? What do you suggest? And which will be your first Who of 2008?

My first of 2008 was also my last of 2007. I'm watching VotD on BBC 1 right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pip Madeley View Post
    I want to watch a Doctor Who tonight. Any era. But which? What do you suggest? And which will be your first Who of 2008?
    Horror of Fang Rock would be my suggestion. It's a story that, for me at least, seems to work better on a winters evening.
    I think Destiny of the Daleks will end up being my first story of 2008, as I haven't watched the dvd yet.

Next on my list of Tom's is Underworld as a 30th anniversary retro. But I also want to watch Spearhead as Silurians is due out on DVD Monday week, so I may get to watch some of that one by the weekend, at least the first two episodes of it anyway.

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Morgan View Post
    Silurians is due out on DVD Monday week,
    That'll be my next Who, followed by the Sea Devils.

I'm still going through in order at the moment, so next up will be Invasion of the Dinosaurs. I have no say in the matter Although it's one of only 5 stories I have still yet to see/hear so that's something "new" for new year at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    That'll be my next Who, followed by the Sea Devils.
    Same here, I plan to start in style!

I've been watching Remembrance with commentary today, but I'm not sure what my first proper story will be - maybe I'll order the Silurians box set thingy and wait until I get that before I watch anything else!

Pip Madeley Guest

I'm tempted to wait for the Beneath The Surface set now... I can go 13 days without seeing a full episode of Doctor Who...

*starts to shake*

VOTD will be my first Who of the year...my dvd recorder screwed up last week so I didn't see it...I'm recording the BBC3 repeat at the moment, hopefully I'll get an hour or so peace and quiet to watch it tomorrow!

I watched the last half hour of VotD earlier this afternoon; and next episode up (so first full episode of 2008) is most likely to be part 2 of The Exciting Adventures of Magnus Greel and Friends.

Start at the beginning and do 1 episode a week fitting in the big finish audios chronologically

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pip Madeley View Post
    I'm tempted to wait for the Beneath The Surface set now... I can go 13 days without seeing a full episode of Doctor Who...

*starts to shake*

I pre-orderded mine earlier from DVD.CO.UK for £28.99. (affliated of course)

Pip Madeley Guest

Good job too, or you might've found an angry Manc on your doorstep wielding a pair of crimping pliers.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    Snap!

Technically it will be the repeat of last week's Confidential tomorrow night on BBC3 so I can record it. Then I might just watch Smith and Jones on the same channel on Friday night as I really liked that one and feel ready to watch it again.

As far as the original series goes, Pirate Planet DVD is next to be done - may start it this weekend, or sometime next week no doubt.