It's as you'd expect. Having the Kylie/Dalek picture exclusive for the last cover has enabled them to use one of the many Kylie/David ones this time, and thus stretch their coverage of "Voyage" over two issues.

Si.

Hmm, unless the series comes back early next year, February could mean an old series cover unless they hop on the Torchwood train which seems doubtful given it's own magazine is dropping any week now.

Pip Madeley Guest

DWM #391 is out today... I sent a letter in re: Verity, but whether it's been published remains to be seen!

News of a forthcoming issue:

Doctor Who Magazine Issue 393 will include a free Fifth Doctor audio adventure, Cuddlesome. Written by Nigel Fairs, it is a chilling tale of cute 1980s nostalgia toys for grown-ups taking on a life of their own.
    Another Audio Visuals play remade for Big Finish.

Yes Pip, your e-mail has been published. Page 13, 2nd column, bottom of the page.

Clive Swift has destroyed the whole issue for me!

BTW, which prat thought it would be cool to write "DWM 391" in bright Orange on a white background on the barcode on the cover!?
    It's almost impossible to read.

Pip Madeley Guest

Thanks Tim, I'll be buying this issue asap!

Loads of copies at Victoria station, but have the subscribers received theirs?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Yep. About 11:00 this morning.

Pip Madeley Guest

I'll have to get mine the next time I go to town. Which could be tomorrow.

So, if 391's out, then our local store might have 390 in
    Your people? Your people??? They are MY people now!

I've not read it yet but i'm pleased to see they have dedicated at least half a dozen pages to the tribute to Verity Lambert, how ever I'm just a little dissapointed that DWM, knowing Verity's importance to Doctor Who, could not also have dedicated this months cover to her as well.

I wonder if Julie Gardner's mention of season 5 due to start filming in Spring 2009 will fuel rumours that Tennant is going - won't he still be playing Hamlet then?

And a very intriguing tagline on the back cover, re the new BF 8th Doctor adventures...

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    I wonder if Julie Gardner's mention of season 5 due to start filming in Spring 2009 will fuel rumours that Tennant is going - won't he still be playing Hamlet then?

not sure it will as i'm pretty sure Tennent is playing Hamlet in 2008, and thats why there is no series in 2009, so by spring 2009 he will of finished his run with the RSC.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    I've not read it yet but i'm pleased to see they have dedicated at least half a dozen pages to the tribute to Verity Lambert, how ever I'm just a little dissapointed that DWM, knowing Verity's importance to Doctor Who, could not also have dedicated this months cover to her as well.
    I suppose it's because Verity's face won't shift the magazine off the shelves. Your average member of the public wouldn't recognise her and thus wouldn't buy it. Sad, but true. I suppose since the show was off the air when JNT died it was easier to put him on the cover because there was only us hardcore of fans buying the magazine then.

So what do you guys think of grumpy old Clive Swift's interview then? Seems, according to Ben Cook, it was all for real.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    So what do you guys think of grumpy old Clive Swift's interview then? Seems, according to Ben Cook, it was all for real.
    Si xx
    Its probably been done for effect on Mr Cook's part (although he pisses me off enough that I'd probably be that shirty if he ever had to interview me )

Having seen the answers to the Christmas quiz I'm quite hopeful of a prize - only 6 parts incorrect, and at least 3 of those are technically correct, just not the answer they wanted.
    Bazinga !

I see the answer to number 1 was that they'd all been to the moon. My answer was that they all arrived back from their adventures with the Doctor in the same time that they'd left (although it's probably not 100% true to say it of Martha, it is of the others). Not that I entered anyway.

I must say I've quite enjoyed this issue - I'm nearly finished it already. Time Team is a bit annoying though. Attack of the Cybermen - it's not brilliant, but they pick some odd things to moan about IMHO. They praise the Cryon masks (??!!!) but really let rip at Lytton's bloody hands (did anybody actually moan about this at the time?) and some of the incidental music. The trouble is, it's all being done much more knowingly now, as opposed to the original idea of coming to it fresh. Shame.

That aside, an interesting issue, and the Verity Lambert piece is very good.

I think Clive Swift may have lost one or two fans...

Quote Originally Posted by Simon R View Post
    Hmm, unless the series comes back early next year, February could mean an old series cover unless they hop on the Torchwood train which seems doubtful given it's own magazine is dropping any week now.
    Any news on this? Is there really a Torchwood Mag coming out? (Sorry to report I don't buy DWM).
    Geoff

Torchwood mag is out later this month:

http://www.titanmagazines.com/app?se...oduct&sp=l1139

Pip Madeley Guest

Still not got this yet, but I've read on OG regarding Clive Swift's interview:

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin Cook View Post
    It's for real, I'm afraid.

Clive was briefed beforehand, both by the Doctor Who production team and by DWM. Standard practice.

They didn't have this in Smiths yesterday. Bloody shop!

That Clive Swift thing was rather odd - why did he agree to an interview he didn't want to do, and why did they bother publishing it? It doesn't particularly bother me that he doesn't like Doctor Who, but it does bother me that he's so bloody rude.

I don't actually buy DWM so what's Clive Swift's interview all about?
    Geoff

I'll spoilerise this for anyone who wants to read it, and hasn't.

Well, he questions why Ben interviews him with a tape recorder and says that real interviewers use shorthand; asks why anyone should be that interested in a fictional character; says when asked tell us about the character, well you've read the script haven't you?; shamelessly plugs his one-man show; admits that he tells people who call him Richard to f*** off; and refuses to answer the last question, even after being told it's the last question.

Not the nicest way of going about things...