Default Children in Need 1985 clip - Trought and Pertwee!

Stumbled across this on Youtube, though some of you may already have seen it:

Children in Need clip

Quite a few companions and Doctors, even though only Colin, Trought and Pertwee get to speak. Even Ian Marter, Michael Craze and the bird who played Katarina are there!
    "I remember because cherries send me into a wild fury!"

Pip Madeley Guest

I got this years ago (along with lots of other bits) in my pre-Internet days from a fan that I've sadly lost touch with.

Tis a good clip.

I'm so old, I remember watching it went it went out in 1985...

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Would have made a nice extra for the "Two Doctors" DVD...unless it can't be cleared for release due to the charity/doing it for free/one off thing that clobbers "Dimensions in Time".

Wogan is ageless and deathless but what a bizzare line up of Doctor Who people - the usual suspects and then rarities like AdrianneHill and Maureen O'Brien.

It is a DISGRACE that they used the wrong materialisation effect. NEVER in the FORTY-FOUR years that Doctor Who has been on television did they EVER use that APPALLING special effect.

That clip should NEVER be put on DVD until they digitally remaster it using the CORRECT fade in effect. Anything else would be BENEATH contempt.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

Wow, I remember that. Wasn't that Peter Davison amongst them? He's not in costume!

Ian Marter as well. Good ol' Pat and Jon too...and look at the rest of them. Dr. Who changed all their lives really didn't it, to one extent or another.

You can always get Dr. Who people on TV for charity!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUPuM...BE7026&index=0

That was recommended after watching the CIN clip.

What a very strange thing to do.

A caught the clip earlier - good stuff!

I was too young to watch it in 1985.

It's OK Milky we understand you weren't in charge of the remote control back then but feel free to watch it now in 2007

I too remember seeing it in 1985, and being both bemused and delighted, despite not recognising half of them!

Adrienne Hill (looking rather glam, it must be said) seemed an odd choice to make an appearance, considering there are props which have appeared in more episodes than her.

Trust Pertwee to be pedantic at the end, there!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    It's OK Milky we understand you weren't in charge of the remote control back then but feel free to watch it now in 2007
    Do you remember watching it in 1985, Ralph?

I'd never seen it before. I must've been in bed when it was broadcast or there was a BBC Scotland regional opt-out at the time.

I was out of the room out the time and someone called me in just in time for me to see the last few seconds of it. Patrick Troughton presenting a cheque donation from the DWAS to Terry Wogan as I recall, before they all crammed back into the TARDIS.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Tudor View Post

Trust Pertwee to be pedantic at the end, there!
    From what I know Jon and Pat were in character, and the brief 'argument' was a deliberate put on. Sadly Tery Wogan just didn't get it and probably cut the joke short. He was apparently genuinely worried a couple of actors were about to kick off on Children in need.

I dont remember that, but it was fun to see. What made me laugh was as the TARDIS materialised, Terry Wogan just vanishes off of the sofa!
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

Quote Originally Posted by Milky Tears View Post
    Do you remember watching it in 1985, Ralph?

I'd never seen it before. I must've been in bed when it was broadcast or there was a BBC Scotland regional opt-out at the time.
    No I don't remember seeing this - plus I had abandoned interest in the show completely after The Five Doctors on Children In Need two years earlier.

I don't remember seeing this either. It's great to see it now, of course!