Default Doctor Who Point n Click Adventure game (downloadable demo)

For those who don't post on OG or do and haven't seen it, OG user Duckbutcher has provided a link there for the demo of his Lucasarts style point'n'click DW adventer game.

http://files.filefront.com/Doctor_Wh.../fileinfo.html

I haven't downloaded it yet myself, but most people seem to have a positive opinion...

I think that's fantastic, I used to love the lucasarts adventure games like the Monkey Island games, he's got the look (and the interface) perfect, and more importantly the actual plot and dialogue seem (so far) to be spot on, and a lot of fun too. I've only played it for about 30 minutes so far, but the puzzles haven't been too hard or unfair yet either.

I'm not an OG'er so hadn't heard about this at all, is there a full version out there? And do you know if it's free or not?
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

I STILL haven't got around to downloading it yet... really must get around to it.

is there a full version out there? And do you know if it's free or not?
    It is just a fan made game, so I see no reason why it wouldn't be free when he completes it. I'm not sure if he has an estimated date which he plans to be done by, but he did mention that this demo represents about 1/3 of the total game:

Quote Originally Posted by duckbutcher
    Basically, the game I have been working on for the last ten months or so is now up and running in the form of a 100 screen 'demo' - about one third of what will eventually be the full game. It's in the same mold as the classic Monkey Island games - point'n'click adventuring.
    Last edited by Jeff; 17th Apr 2007 at 8:06 PM.

Now that is a very good idea! Downloading it now.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I've never played Monkey Island any of the Lucasarts adventures, but to me the screenshots look like Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father (which was probably based off the Lucasarts games anyway) which I loved...

The Gabriel Knight games were great. Especially the voice acting!

Cheers for the info Jeff!

I'm really enjoying this, though there's part of me which wants to play the full game rather than just the first 1/3 of it...Then again as (understandably) it's taken this long to write it so far, the full vs might be some way off...

Btw, I think the Gabriel Knight games were a lot more graphically impressive, but this really does capture the charm of the old Lucasarts games.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

I finally started downloading it last night, as well as all four parts of Keepsake, all at the same time. I left it on all night, but unfortunately my PC is SO SLOW that it still was only about halfway done with all the files this morning, and when Miranda got up the internet had disconnected, so I'll probably have to download again all night tonight.

Damn, I wish I could get DSL at my house.