Default Favourite Camp Master Moment in "Destiny of the Doctors"!

Surely pushing the boundaries of campness further than they have ever gone before in a "Doctor Who" related product (and that includes "Paradise Towers", Season 16 and the Doctor Who Skipping Rope), the "Destiny of the Doctors" links on the new "Survival" DVD show Ainley positively turning being a Time Lord into glorious pantomimesque art!

But which was your favourite (and campest) moment? Was it the Master in his little car? Or when he turns into a ticket inspector with a jaunty cap? Or was it when he's at a medievil banquit with that giant plastic pork pie? Wherever he is, he hams it up for all his worth!

Share your thoughts on this amazing extra!

Si.

I love Ainley in the Bubble Car- especially his jaunty "get away with you" and the way he "jalopy".

The whole extra is a thing of wonder. It's a shame his Master couldn't have been more fun like this in the series, because he's really good at it.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

My favourite bit is the minute long laugh that caps off the end of the DVD.
    "Hm hm hm hm hm hm hmmm. Huh huh huh huh huh huh huuuuuh. Ho ho ho ho ho ho ho. Aaah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah haaaaaaaah."

We couldn't believe that this was scripted by Terrance Dicks! I thought it might be Alan Barnes or Gary Russell.

I also suspect that it's Gary Russell doing the impressions of Troughton and Hartnell.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

"The destiny of the Doctors is in your hands... ho ho ho! Don't make me laugh! Ha ha ha!"

Si xx

Any of you ever played the game? I used to have it so I've seen all the little video segments before (I think my ex "borrowed" it about 3 years ago...)

"I'll have you melted down and recycled!" I do love the one where he's reading the paper on the tube and just gives a saucy wink.

I also remember Nick Courtney's "The fate of the universe is in this poor blob's sticky hands..."

I didn't know it was Terrance Dicks who scripted it - I heard it was Gary Russell. Certainly I doubt Dicks was responsible for the following atrocities. Believe it or not, these are genuine sound files of Cybermen used in the game:

Have no fear, Graak!

It is logical...

Cyberjoke

Mummy!

Magic.

The in-game methods of immobolising or killing monsters were even better! Zygons apparently can be hypnotised by a cuckoo clock; Autons were destroyed by Tony Blackburn's radio show; Yeti feared oil sprayed from a can; and a Sontaran could be killed by firing a bumblebee strategically into his probic vent! When written down the game sounds the campest thing imaginable and yet it was still one of the worst games I've ever played.

What I could never understand is how the Master trapped 7 Doctors in a 6-sided cube...
    Last edited by The Secretive Bus; 20th Apr 2007 at 12:33 PM.
    "I remember because cherries send me into a wild fury!"

What I could never understand is how the Master trapped 7 Doctors in a 6-sided cube...
    Perhaps he had a trap within that trap.

Si xx

I tried to play the game, but it made absolutely no sense to me whatsoever. Utterly, utterly bewildering. The kind of thing that the PC mags give 10% scores to.

Fortunately, it was quite easy to access all the Master comments, sound effects and video clips to look at them separately. They're a real treat! Especially if you were hankering after clean and genuine Quark gunfire sound effects.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    Especially if you were hankering after clean and genuine Quark gunfire sound effects.
    Sadly enough, I was a member of that niche market.

I love the bit where the Master is on the tube reading the "Daily Dimension" and winks!

Si.

I like this suggestion from OG:

The picture quality on Destiny of the Doctors looked on a par with the new series, maybe they could use the clips in a future episode.

An episode where Tennant shouts at clips of Ainley on a monitor:

"HE starred in a video game! Why can't *I* star in a video game?!"

The fan in me immediately began plotting the possibility of weaving the footage into some kind of story too. It must be some kind of genetic defect installed by prolonged exposure to Jean Marc Lofficier.

Si.

I hope they wouldn't have to bother filmising it and putting it into 16:9...