Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thanks for filling me in with the details.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Brinck-Johnsen View Post
    This was her final appearance on May 31st in which she announced that it was time for her grow up and get on with her life before departing the soap for the second time.
    I'm still pretty gobsmacked they asked her back in the first place, can't say I thought she was ever a character people were clamouring to see return....

Well, tonight's episode was utterly miserable and depressing. I'm sure the writers thought they'd sprinkled in enough 'light relief' to balance it out, but I've no idea what it was....
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

I actually despise the Michael vs. Jean storyline with a passion. Whoever came up with the idea of pitting a sociopath against a troubled character with a history of mental illness who's effectively lost all of her immediate family really is sick.

Also I was almost fuming when I thought for two seconds they'd killed Stacey off-screen only to reveal that was the latest of Michael's sadistic lies made to look like Jean was losing her mind. I knew that he'd get her back over the business with the St Christopher medal and how!!

That said in one of those strange moments where in the midst of awfulness EastEnders gets it so right Diane Butcher came back for her sister's impending nuptials. I wasn't even watching the last time she was on the square but to see her together with Janine and their lumbering oath brother Ricky was just so right especially all the talk about what Frank and Pat would be doing if they were still around.

I still don't watch this but I hear snatches of it downstairs and wrinkle my nose up at the nastiness. I have half-deduced the cruelty being dished out to Jean. Meanwhile Mr Rayner sticks with it, and watches them in stolen moments when I'm off doing something else. Occasionally he gets really behind and has to sit and watch a weeks worth, poor thing.

Si.

I've only recently started watching again because the episodes are more concentrated at the moment because of they're being moved around the schedule to accomodate Euro 2012 so it feels less compulsory somehow.

Also the hope that Janine will realise that her intended husband is a lot sicker than she is (and for a woman with two of her three previous husbands dead within hours of marrying her that's saying something) is just about compelling me to stick with it at the moment.

As I said upthread, I'd been almost enjoying it recently, but the stuff with Jean has just got more and more sickening. People will rightly ask why I watch it, and apart from the obvious answer that "it's on" when I'm having my dinner, the only real answer I can think of is that it makes me appreciate Corrie just that little bit more...
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

In tonight's climactic two part episodes Ben Mitchell's solicitor is David Warwick from The Pirate Planet and Army of Ghosts!

Haven't watched since Friday (and once again didn't watch the whole ep as I just can't be bothered at the moment) do we know yet who Kat Moon has been sleeping with and, more importantly, does anyone care?

No we don't know, she has told Alfie she is having an affair but she refuses to name him.

It's a very unusual idea for a storyline. It should turn out to be Dirty Den or someone we've never heard of.

Si.

It'll be a con if it's not one of the Branning boys which is who it has now been whittled down to. I'm hoping it'll be a woman for a twist.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post

It's a very unusual idea for a storyline.
    Si.
    You think so? A serial adulterer has an affair. I suppose the continued insinuation that she would have readily slept with an entire football team was unusual for a family show.

I put my money on Derek right from the start, and I'm sticking with it. You can tell the production team think he's a bigger star in the making, so pairing him up with Kat seems an obvious move to me. There's not really much of a story (or surprise) if it's Max or Jack, who again are both serial adulterers.

Shame Alfie wasn't clever enough to think of taking the SIM card out of Kat's phone...

I think the business of Kat stepping on the phone before Alfie could look at the screen to see the name was such a cop out.

They could've done it so that we saw Alfie look at it and then for a brief moment an unspoken look passed between him and Kat before they packed up and left, leaving the mystery open...

You think so? A serial adulterer has an affair. I suppose the continued insinuation that she would have readily slept with an entire football team was unusual for a family show.
    Not that but conducting an affair storyline while not showing us the other person, which I gather is what it is. Very odd. I'd find it more frustrating than anything.

It's a tedious show really though, especially if it turns out to be Max!

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Vale View Post
    I put my money on Derek right from the start, and I'm sticking with it.

He'll be missed.....

...by the estate of Frank Sinatra who's royalties are about to take a big drop!

Decent bit of casting for the DOOOOOMED soap...

http://m.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/e...w-carters.html

Happy Christmas Dot Cotton

from

The Eastenders Scriptwriters

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I just wanted to share my shock at what seems to have happened to the actress Sian Blake and her two young children.
    Can't believe (Although I am aware of those sort of killings by Spouse before) this has happened to someone who had been in this television programme?
    They always seemed untouchable. I haven't watched the show properly followed it for some time. I'm not likely to start watching again.
    But even I can see what a sad day this must be for Eastenders fandom.

I watch Eastenders from time to time because, while being adamant that there isn't room for another soap in my life alongside New Neighbours, Old Neighbours and Coronation Street (to which I am loyal no matter how terrible it gets), the other half watches it. Until recently I was quite envious as they have proper drama and tension and surprises where-as on the cobbles we get Sally running for Councillor and a dreary child-cancer storyline.

However, I watched the other day and Albert Square has gone the OTHER way. While Corrie has no drama, Enders has TOO MUCH. The Square now resembles some kind of lunatic asylum, with people being murdered by being locked in car boots, insane women running around on rooftops and mysterious relatives coming out the woodwork at all junctures. Over new Year, mental wreck Kat Slater discovered she had a son she never knew about (somehow), found out her husband had cancer and then watched her Father die from a heart attack in front of her... ALL ON THE SAME DAY. Recently I watched a very odd episode featuring the surprise return of Barbara Windsor in which she looked like she'd been edited in to a scene with Phil "you're a slaaaaag" Mitchell. She didn't speak throughout the whole scene, while someone dressed as him passed by the back of her armchair every few minutes. He told her he was dying! She told him she was dying as well! Jesus Christ by the end of it I was ready to drop off the perch meself.

I think I'd develop depressive episodes if I watched this show all the time!

Si.

I was watching the recent baby on the rooftop storyline as well; simply because I couldn't believe they'd managed to stretch Christmas Day to was it the seventeenth or eighteenth of January? when the rest of us had had our decorations down for a fortnight!

I'm so glad they haven't killed off Aunt Sal yet. I could watch Anna Karen all day.

Sent from my G620S-L01 using Tapatalk

Justin Elliott from The Archers (played by Simon Williams) turned up in last night's EastEnders.

https://twitter.com/bbceastenders/st...08262624972800