Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Wayne Guest

I find a bit sad really, in the proper sense of the word. She's only 19 for chrissakes. They'll be having it done at 15 next.

I know I should feel sad about it too, theoretically I don't think anyone should feel the need to have plastic surgery, and it really should all be about a person's inner beauty (if you know what I mean, I don't want to come across sounding too hippyish here).

But alas I don't. She's very cute and now she'll have bigger breasts, so I'll like her even more. Ahem. I'm a shallow shallow man who needs help!
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Captain Tancredi Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    Do "show insiders" really say things like "Her new busty figure will have Ian Beales eyes popping out of his head.". They'd be easy to spot and root out if they did wouldn't they.

Si.
    Perhaps they meant to say "her new bust will have Ian Beale's eye out".

When did June Brown morph into Russell Brand's mum? She's been woeful in recent episodes!

The Mitchell sisters are coming soon, according to The Sun:

LINK CONTAINS PLOT SPOILERS!

Girls alout hit Albert Square

and some more news on the BBC undertaking a fifth episode feasibility test thingy appeared in The Daily Record yesterday:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/enterta...name_page.html

16th April 2007
    ENDERS CAST TO CASH IN

EASTENDERS stars are set to pocket pay hikes of up to 50,000 if the show starts going out five nights a week next year.

Top earners on the BBC soap including Barbara Windsor and Steve McFadden will get rises of around 14 per cent.

And even those on the lowest salaries will pocket at least 10,000 more.

Windsor, who plays Peggy Mitchell, would go from 360,000 to 410,000.

Veteran June Brown, who last week signed a new 370,000 deal to carry on as Dot Branning, will get 400,000.

And McFadden would jump from 360,000 to 400,000.

Even Elaine Tan, who gets 70,000 playing Li Chong, would rake in another 10,000.

Beeb bosses hope adding an extra episode to the four a week already screened will revive the soap's dropping ratings.

It is also set to get an 8pm slot, putting it up against The Bill on Wednesdays and Thursdays.

And a 5million advertising campaign has been earmarked to get viewers to tune in.

An EastEnders spokesman said: "No financial contracts have been discussed at this stage. We are still in discussions about a potential fifth episode."
    Looks like it's probably going to happen.

I was thinking of one of the contributors on this thread tonight when we heard a snatch of Dolly's I Will Always Love You!

We didn't watch it. Is Garry's mum a Dolly fan then as she was mentioned in it yesterday when we did see it?

Pat and Linda Henry fighting is what we want though!

I was only half watching it to tell the truth, but his mum was going on about Dolly at one stage, so the answer must be yes!

There's potential for a bitchfight involving Deano's Mum next week surely at Kevin's wedding...

I've given up on it! It's so bad that if I'm cooking and it's 7.30pm I'd rather just stand in silence!

Si.

Hilarious catfight tonight as I predicted last week!

The new advertising campaign started on Saturday as well. Looks like it is going five times a week. Even Dermot Murnaghan stated it as fact during a soapy discussion on yesterday's Breakfast. It must be true.

Just spotted a new Stacy Slutter (Digital Spy Mode ) trailer before Neighbours.

I thought Donna Air was meant to be playing one of the Mitchell sisters? Samantha Janus would be even better, though.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/a4...ders-role.html

Samantha Janus lands 'EastEnders' role
    Friday, May 11 2007, 12:47 BST

By Nick Levine, Entertainment Reporter

Samantha Janus has landed a role as one of the Mitchell sisters in EastEnders.

The Game On actress will join Rita Simons to form sexy double act Ronnie and Roxy Mitchell, the cousins of Phil and Grant.

Diederick Santer, the soap's executive Producer, told the Daily Mirror: "I hope viewers will delight in the sexy, dramatic excitement that they bring to the show.

"They may be glamorous young women, but these girls are also Mitchells, and have all the strength of character and the unique moral code that this legendary name implies."

Simons, the niece of Sir Alan Sugar, has appeared in Mile High, Dream Team and London's Burning.

As well as her role in Game On, Janus has starred in Pie In The Sky, Babes In The Wood and the West End revival of Guys and Dolls.

She said of her character Ronnie: "She's the more sensible and clever of the two, but she has a caustic tongue. She won't trust anyone enough to let them get close to her, although all she really wants is to trust again. They are very, very loyal.

"It's an amazing opportunity for me. I can't wait to start causing lots of mischief."

The pair are due to begin filming at the end of the month and are expected to arrive on the Square for Stella (Sophie Thompson) and Phil's (Steve McFadden) in late summer.
    Interesting Tony Jordan piece as well:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/a4...astenders.html

Ex-writer criticises 'EastEnders'
    Thursday, May 10 2007, 15:55 BST
    By Nick Levine, Entertainment Reporter

Former EastEnders writer Tony Jordan has criticised the BBC soap for slumping into the "doldrums".

Jordan, who wrote over 250 episodes of the popular soap before quitting Albert Square three months ago, insisted that the soap has suffered since it moved to four episodes a week.

He also hinted that there are plans to air the soap five times a week.

He said of EastEnders: Was it a better show when it was twice a week? Absolutely - without a shadow of a doubt. They were shooting just an hours television and had time to spend on each individual episode.

If you are producing two and a half hours its a movie a week and things suffer for that. EastEnders is going through the doldrums a little bit lately, but it will always come back because there is a great team working on it.
    It ain't no Hustle.

Nina Wadia is joining EastEnders, according to Digital Spy:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/a5...astenders.html

Am I the only one still watching it? "Bloater in the Water" was gripping stuff the other night.

Sam Anus is a great step in the right direction. Was she not fingered a few years ago though and then it fell through for some reason or am I thinking of fellow "Babe in the Wood" Denise Van-Get'em-Out-en?

Friday's episode was good but daft.

What's happened? Friday's "Eastenders" was gripping, and Sunday's Corrie (SUNDAYS! Nothing ever happens on a Sunday!) was positively classic. The result, absurdly, is that ALL tonights Soaps will be essential viewing.

The nice thing is, we somehow don't know in advance if Clur's baby or Ian's son are dead or not. If the baby died, apparently the last thing it heard was a Sue Cleaver rarity.

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    What's happened? Friday's "Eastenders" was gripping, and Sunday's Corrie (SUNDAYS! Nothing ever happens on a Sunday!) was positively classic. The result, absurdly, is that ALL tonights Soaps will be essential viewing.
    ITV Soap Awards next weekend might have something to do with it.

The nice thing is, we somehow don't know in advance if Clur's baby or Ian's son are dead or not. If the baby died, apparently the last thing it heard was a Sue Cleaver rarity.

Si.
    Sadly, I've seen all the spoilers.

I liked Lucy's "twin" moment.....

“If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Chelsea pops out of the cup!

I thought I spotted a little bit of nipple on Monday night.... that's why I recorded the BBC Three repeat at 10pm.

Christopher Ellison's meant to be joining soon as well, according to Digital Spy.

Apparently Cindy Beale could be set to return to Walford!

EastEnders' Cindy Beale is to return to Albert Square – as a ghost.

Cindy – who was played by Michelle Collins for nine years before her character was killed off during child birth in prison – makes her presence felt in Walford when Ian (Adam Woodyatt) and daughter Lucy (Melissa Suffield) begin receiving spooky texts and e-mails from beyond the grave.

A BBC insider told The Sun: "It starts when Lucy gets emails from her mum but then things get sinister. Ian finds a message reading ‘I’m back’ scrawled on the mirror and the room smells of Cindy’s perfume.

"Then he is sent a picture of her – looking older than when she supposedly died. Eventually he receives a message asking him to meet her – at her grave."

However, an EastEnders spokeswoman told DS today: "We never comment on future storylines."

As yet, it is unclear as to whether Michelle will reprise her role but was quoted last year as saying: "There's talk of Cindy’s death being staged and her being in a witness protection programme. I wouldn’t say no to returning."
    You could see it!!

Si.

Oh good gracious me, whatever next!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    Oh good gracious me, whatever next!
    Another six months of the Stacey/Bradley/Max & Stella/Phil/Ben storylines?
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

"WATCH

ME

DADDY!"

Great stuff from McFadden and Thompson last night.

Also saw my first Mitchell Sisters clip (Samantha Janus and Rita Simons as Ronnie and Roxy) on Friday's This Morning.

Wayne Guest

Are Milky & Jonno the only people left on PS that still watch EE?

Does Jonno still watch it?

Oh yes - rather enjoyed the last couple of episodes too!

Are the blonde Mitchell sisters not enough to entice Wayne?!