Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

We've been watching it to see Stella gets hers. It was ok, but oddly anti-climactic - the previous episode, where Ben finally found his voice as it ended, was better. Unfortunately the device of putting a big gate between Phil and Stella so they could have a "meaningful confrontation" for ten minutes before she fell mysteriously to her death, has just been done so many times before on EE. The writers are curiously unimaginative.

Si.

I thought it was a very watchable episode but unfortunate that there were parked cars and people in the background near the "deserted" factory. Really though I think Dame Paul William Thomas Ballad summed it up well in the Question Time thread when he said it and I quote...

Why not do something worthwhile and show her paying for crimesor being rehabilitated rather than the dubious "bump her off" morality. She's a loon, let her die! It's absolutely moronic.
    Turlough speaks thr truth.

It's been nice to see Aunt Sal this week though. She's rubbish but should be brought in full time.

Wayne Guest

I don't even know who Stella is. That's how long since i watched it!

One former EastEnders actress who shall be nameless today claimed that she hadn't watched "DeadEnders" for seven years.

And popcorn.

Louise knows how to tell it how it is.

Hyayayayaya!

WTF!!! OMG!!1!1!1!1!

Comedian Bobby Davro has joined the cast of EastEnders as the Square's latest answer to Alfie Moon.

The 48-year-old comic-turned-actor will play Vince, a "loveable rogue" who takes a shine to Shirley Carter (Linda Henry) when knocks her over and is forced to take her to hospital.

A source told The Sun: "Vince likes a challenge - and he’ll have a big one on his hands trying to get Shirley to crack a smile. She’s going to find him very irritating."

Show bosses have already compared Davro's character to Shane Richie's former East-End counterpart Alfie Moon - the Queen Vic barman who headed off into the sunset with fiance Kat Slater (Jessie Wallace) at Christmas 2005.

They added: "Vince is a chip off the old block from characters like Alfie and Frank Butcher. He’s lived quite a life and drives a flash car — but all is not quite what it seems. It’s not all kosher."

Of his new role, Davro said: "I'm really chuffed and looking forward to becoming a soap opera luvvie."

Davro begins filming today at Elstree Studios in Borehamwood, Herts and will first appear on screen at the beginning of October.

Who's Shirley Carter?????

Who is the ninja working at the chip shop?????!???
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Shirley Carter is the Mother of Deano Wicks and the other one, played by "Bad Girls" and "Beautiful Thing" actress Linda Henry.

The twink in the chip shop is Doctor Who's own Rory Jennings!

Si.

Paul and I saw Bobby Davro in pantomime in January, and he was great! I never thought I'd say such a thing, but he really worked hard to get laughs, and I might even start watching the show again if he lightens it up a bit.

Though I'm guessing he'll be fun for the first year, and then they'll introduce his family, all of whom will have terminal diseases or psychotic tendancies which will ruin it all.

Yesterday's Mirror story about the "Sister Sister twins" joining has been rubbished by Digital Spy's Kris Green (Soaps Editor)...

but it looks The Sun were telling the truth:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/a7...astenders.html

PARKLIFE!!

Monday night's episode might have been the single worst piece of television I've ever seen.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Errrrr, so who was that then?

You should've read the cast list.

Saturday edit:

Gemma Bissix to return to EastEnders, according to The Sun

Could be interesting.
    Last edited by Milky Tears; 22nd Sep 2007 at 1:38 PM.

I'm glad I wasn't alone in thinking that Friday's cliffhanger required something of a long memory and a very shrewd line in deduction from the viewer to be shocked. Call me "Mr Picky" but the sudden dramatic appearance of a random bloke we had never seen before was scant consolation for it NOT being Michelle Collins as hoped. If you were canny you could have probably deduced who it was, but it was a gigantic "EH?" moment when it should have been a "WOW!".

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    but it was a gigantic "EH?" moment
    Not helped by Adam Woodyatt's inaudible mumbling. I rewound it twice (using Sky+) and still not sure what he said. I think it was "It can't be?", but obviously I have to again ask the question.....who was it?!

Nick Berry's son, I think.

Si.

Gosh that's exciting......

Thanks Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Milky Tears View Post
    Could be very interesting!

Might be worth watching EastEnders again.

If she dressed like that in Eastenders I might actually watch it!

Today is D-Day!!

WORSHIP HIM!!

Bobby Davros is as you'd expect. Still it gives Linda Henry more to do and she's all kinds of fabulous.

So is Ian meant to have been trapped in that flat for three weeks? Did Steven leave food for him? Was he tied up and then got loose? It all seemed a bit silly even for Stenders.

No Ian wasnt tied up and he was left food,he mentioned biscuits in the kitchen to Lucy

He would have smelt a bit after three weeks though. I didn't see last week's "nail-biter", but the whole thing has become rather ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Vale View Post
    ...but the whole thing has become rather ludicrous.
    EastEnders has been going down hill since 19 February 1985.

Surely he could smash his way out at some point during the three weeks? Friday's episode was the usual tour de force of people sobbing and shouting at each other. Loved the way Ian suggested he and Jane have a baby, out of the blue, for no reason, 30 minutes before the Doctors rendered her infertile. Cos irony's like that. If only they'd excitedly discussed the low odds on world peace and the reformation of Abba. They probably would have happened.

Si.