Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Default The EastEnders Thread

You think Sonia and Martin in the scuddy buff on Tuesday night was scary!?

Check this out:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds39706.html

Richard to undergo live TV facelift
    Wednesday, November 22 2006, 09:32 UTC - by Dave West

Wendy Richard is to have a facelift screened live on television.

The recently-departed EastEnders star is due to undergo a series of treatments which will be followed on Living TVs Extreme Makeover in the New Year.

Richard, who played Pauline Fowler, has now finished filming for the soap and her last scenes will be screened on Christmas Day.

She told The Sun she was keen to make a fresh start and get started on the project.

Wendy wants to have a facelift, boob job, eye lift and dental work," a source told the paper. Shes already looking fantastic.

Since leaving EastEnders, the stress has melted away. Shes more relaxed and it shows in her face. So she has to decide what exactly she wants done.

Earlier in the year Richard told the paper she was considering a facelift. She explained: When you get to a certain age and having had cancer twice it does leave a mark on your face, so I think I need a bit of help.
    I think that's why she's happy to leave EastEnders. Wendy's wanted a facelift for years, hasn't she?

If ever an old woman has needed a face lift it's Wendy Richard.

Good luck to her I say although it's all a little undignified.

I don't follow EE all that often, but caught the last ten-fifteen minutes of last night's. What IS the big secret between Martin & Sonia that Pauline doesn't/didn't know (last time I watched it, Sonia had decided to be a lesbian, but it looks like she's changed her mind again now?) - and is it that likely she would arbitrarily decide to let herself be burnt to death?

Where's all the Lynda Baron worship?

How does having cancer have anythingto do with facelifts???
    "All we found in his pockets were knives and lint"

Still no Lynda Baron worship and a "wedding" episode last night. At least there were some great facial expressions from Adam Woodyatt.

When will people ever learn, not to bother going to Ian Beale's weddings? They always seem to be a disaster - there was the long-faces at his first wedding (not to mention Cindy's amazingly red dress), then whatsername stomped off minutes after the ceremony (or was it before) on New Years Eve, and now this. What a track record!

Good acting from the two main protagonists though. And could that be the first mud bath fight in Eastenders?

I thought the acting and writing was dreadful! As if Jane wouldn't have frozen to death walking around like that seemingly all day. They did well to hide her nip-nips though.

It was very amateurly put together tonight. The soap cliches piled up, like Ian 'sweeping' the presents onto the floor, and as usual it all ended up with two people shouting at each other.

And Lynda Baron didn't have enough to do either.

Si.

Best episode of the year (so far) last night. Ray Brooks hasn't been this good since Big Deal.

I think I've read too many Big Christmas Spoilers this year, though.

Last nights was great I agree. The Pauline 'n' Peggy confrontation wasn't quite up to the "strawberry blonde at 70" one from a few years ago but I cheered when Ray Brooks finally told her some home truths. bad editing though after she hit him...did he collapse or what?

I'm still wondering how they'll explain Michelle's non-appearance at the funeral? Place your bets....she doesn't feel up to it because it's too emotional, she can't get a flight because it's christmas, she's pregant and can't fly....

Richards is playing this well and Pauline is totally dispicable, smirking when she offends someone. My perfect last episode would involve her being humiliated, then dying horribly, then Martin pulling down his pants and waving his dongle at us.

Si.

Windy Bitchards has been awful in some scenes though...the one where for whatever reason she was cross with Joe Macer and called him a stupid man while mildly bashing him was beyond appalling.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    Richards is playing this well and Pauline is totally dispicable, smirking when she offends someone. My perfect last episode would involve her being humiliated, then dying horribly, then Martin pulling down his pants and waving his dongle at us.

Si.
    I could probably stand to miss the last bit of that scene...

We all would.

Si.

so the old miserable cow dies tonight - typical Eastenders to do their usual chearfull happy episode for christmas day,..

And, as happens all too aften in soapland, the characters are all experts and know immediately that she is dead and beyond help. Notice how they all rushed to call an ambulance on finding a collapsed person in the square....

Stacey's FMBs were the highlight of the Christmas soaps for me.*

* just edging out the Emmerdale choir and Corrie's w*nky musical montage.

Notice how they all rushed to call an ambulance on finding a collapsed person in the square....
    Yeah, our family noticed that, there was no pulse checking, or any attempt at mouth to mouth (though I can understand that ), but then again, we only tuned in to watch her demise as she's been a miserable old thing for years now, so we're not complaining...!
    Last edited by Alex; 26th Dec 2006 at 12:28 PM.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Trudi G Guest

We were all hoping for some splatter - maybe getting run over by the taxi she called or something, it was a bit lame!
    Ding dong the witch is dead...

what I wanted to know was how Martin knew she was dead when all he did was knelt by her and attempted no first aid like feeling for a pulse..i

Trudi G Guest

Wishful thinking? Or maybe he'd read the script beforehand!

This kind of thing is not unheard of. Way back when Nick inadvertently caused a motorcycle accident that killed his son Ashley, after the crash (seconds after it) Dr Truman put a hand on his neck to feel for a pulse and said 'I'm sorry' as if that was enough to declare him dead. No-one called an ambulance, no-one tried to resuscitate, no-one made a desperate attempt to revive the child... it was lame. Things have not improved, it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Thompson View Post
    This kind of thing is not unheard of. Way back when Nick inadvertently caused a motorcycle accident that killed his son Ashley, after the crash (seconds after it) Dr Truman put a hand on his neck to feel for a pulse and said 'I'm sorry' as if that was enough to declare him dead. No-one called an ambulance, no-one tried to resuscitate, no-one made a desperate attempt to revive the child... it was lame. Things have not improved, it seems.
    noticed that too - if some one is lying face down in the street one of the first things your going to do is call an ambulance obviously in Albert Square no body knows anything about basic first aid..