Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Being on here during (gasp) broadcast of a new Dr. Who epsiode

DOes anyone else ever get this problem?...The new series is on on a Saturday night and something gets in the way of you watching it, and you fancy popping on PS.
    I sat down with my tea and slices of ginger cake and the episode got 15 minutes in and the bloody phone goes. I'm sat there hoping it's for my housemate, until I'm informed it's for me!
    My new 'romantic interest' had decided to ring me. I didn't mention "Dr. Who" while I was chatting, but we're going to have to have a chat about that or I can't see any future in the relationship.

Good job I was video taping it as well, eh?!

Anyway, enough of my shit...has it gone off yet so I can watch the whole thing?? I feel like a right traitor being on here at this time!

It's finished now Carol, though I turned off just before next week's trailer, so you might want to give it 30 seconds more.

Edit: I did miss a few minutes toward the start as my Uncle came in to my room to say hello, he's over here playing Bridge with my Mum tonight. I tried to look pleased to see him, but was a bit annoyed I was missing some of the show!
    Last edited by Alex; 21st Apr 2007 at 7:39 PM.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Quote Originally Posted by Carol Baynes View Post
    I feel like a right traitor being on here at this time!
    Yes it's really quite shocking....

What's worse is having people wanting to post on here about the episode & the thread not being open.

I've already forgotten all the things I was going to say about it now.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

That's what I use Microsoft Word for.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Gently View Post
    What's worse is having people wanting to post on here about the episode & the thread not being open.
    I wanted to do that while it was on! I have entered the next stage of on-line geekdom! Geekdom must evolve and survive!

Im ready and waiting. For once I have some unkind things to say.

As I say, I use MS word while it's on, that's why there is a list of things that happen that I want to remember at the start of my post on the comments thread. I want to keep thoughts while I have them but I don't want to miss anything, that's also why I watch it again on Sunday with the commentary on.

It's open now!

Si.

Right, I've saved mine to Word now, it's almost been an hour since the show ended and it's getting a bit ridiculous now. I can only guess that something's happened and Pip can't get online, so I hope he's okay and everything...
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

I was too busy spurting over Vernon Kay to visit Planet Skaro.

Right, I've saved mine to Word now, it's almost been an hour since the show ended and it's getting a bit ridiculous now.
    Alert the church elders!

Pip's not on-line this evening I don't think, and I can't remember who he told to open it. Anyway, no harm done!

Si.

I always switch off my mobile and put the house phone on silent when it's on. Call me an ignorant, anti-social git, but I hate the phone going off at most times (I'm not really one for chatting on the phone), but if it were to go off during 'Doctor Who', I may just have to commit murder.

I watched it at my sisters this evening, with my nephew needing cuddles, my neice being distracting and a not very loud TV, so I don't think it quite got my full attention! I'm not complaining though, because watching my nephew enjoying the show as much as I did at his age is a joy to see. All his class at school watch you know!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

What I can't understand is the people on OG, who are actually actively posting while they're 'watching' the episode. That makes no sense to me at all!!!

Digital Spy is even worse, Andrew!

I have to have a glass of water by the sofa and ensure I "attend to nature's calls" before it starts, for fear of missing vital seconds. Nothing like being upstairs trying to force out a piss because you're missing Doctor Who!

Si.

Ditto, in that I always go to the loo a few minutes before, even if I don't really need to.

Perhaps you should have a plastic bottle at the ready so you can 'pee' & still see the TV?

I video it and watch it when the kids have gone to bed, in order to 'fear factor ' it first
    Bazinga !

Tim's post reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Homer and Bart are tied together and have a bottle in the front room so that they can pee while still watching TV. But Marge won't let them use it. "Will somebody tell me, why do we even have a bottle?" asks Homer.

Mm, fascinating Andrew, now go back to sleep...

@Andrew

I had a bottle when I was in hospital and unable to get out of bed. It was great, I never had to stop what I was doing to answer nature's call for about 2 weeks!
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Captain Tancredi Guest

That's all very well, but I've had to hold the bottle for somebody before now...