Default Doctor Torchwood

I can't imagine the Doctor turning up in Torchwood. I find it hard enough to resolve the Universe where Countrycide could happen with the one that the Doctor lives in and Slitheen can invade Downing Street and Jackie gets attacked by a Christmas Tree. Could the Doctor pay a visit to the residents of the hub? Would it work? Or would it be just too weird?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

It might've worked with Eccleston, but not Tennant. Eccleston could have a gurning competition with Eve Myles, couldn't he? Isn't it?

maybe it might be a nice idea for Jack to turn a corner or look out a window and see the TARDIS dematerializing but I certainly would think it good to see The Doctor, turn up in an episode.

No, I don't think the Doctor turning up would be a good idea. The problem is that Cap'n Jack is the 'boss' as far as Torchwood is concerned but if the Doctor turned up he would 'possibly' defer to the Doctor's knowledge & experience & then in the eyes of his colleagues he would loose control & authority.