Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    If only
    I hadn't realized until yesterday that there's only 2 eps on the last disc. That means i'll be finishing up later today.
    Looks like 'Caught in the Act' is now the only one left that you've not watched?
    Better finish up your pudding.

I'm busy with The Sweeney right now so SHUT IT!

Wayne Guest

Oh wait a minute I could always make some time....

Wayne Guest

Well i didn't think much to the final 2 eps.......

'Birthright' - After suffering a head injury, a U.S. senator finds himself pursued by mysterious agents, and begins to suspect he may not be who he thinks he is.
    At the risk of repeating myself yet again, This was just another ep that should've been a lot pacier. There's nothing here that the 'X-Files' didn't do twice as well in most of their standalone eps.
    Not terrible, but the slow pace just breeds dis-interest. Another disapponiting 5/10.

'The Voice of Reason' - A global conspiracy is uncovered by an Air Force pilot, but a secret Government committee remains skeptical - or unwilling to admit - that it is possible.
    The brief flurry of excitement, & twist at the end can't disguise the fact fact that this was just a rip-off episode that was just an idea written as a way to show a load of clips from episodes throughout the season. They must've used up all their budget. That's the only possible reason for this waste of time last episode. 3/10.

So, It hardly goes out in a blaze of glory. In fact on the whole, it's been something of a disappointment all round. There's been a few very good eps, but unfortunately many more average/mediochre ones.
    The main problem has been the pace. So many of the stories here have about 20/25mins worth of story stretched out to the 40/45 minute mark, IMO. I've appreciated the oppurtunity to see them, but for my money this isn't even as good as the re-make of 'The Twilight Zone'. Mainly because they had many more varied stories, & also varied story lengths, with the 50min slot usually comprising of 2 or even 3 different segments. This made it feel much more pacey for the most part, rather than slow & stretched like many of these episodes.
    I was gonna rank them, but to be honest, too many of them simply don't stand out from the crowd, so here's a ranking of the ones that i think are really worth watching.

Valerie 23
    Sandkings
    The New Breed
    Living Hell

Runners up:

The Second Soul
    The Choice
    Dark Matters
    Caught in the Act

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    'Birthright' - At the risk of repeating myself yet again, This was just another ep that should've been a lot pacier. There's nothing here that the 'X-Files' didn't do twice as well in most of their standalone eps.
    Not terrible, but the slow pace just breeds dis-interest. Another disapponiting 5/10.
    I'd give this one 6/10, I appreciate what you're saying Wayne but I thought it was a lot better than some but agreed not a patch on a typical X Files episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    'The Voice of Reason' - The brief flurry of excitement, & twist at the end can't disguise the fact fact that this was just a rip-off episode that was just an idea written as a way to show a load of clips from episodes throughout the season. They must've used up all their budget. That's the only possible reason for this waste of time last episode. 3/10.
    I must agree I was surprised by this one Wayne - I think you may well be right on the budget! I'd say 3/10 is probably fair!

Overall Wayne I have to agree I was disappointed too. It started off well but there is simply far too many mediocre episodes... thats why my interest fell away - I got bored!!!! I never felt that way with 200 episodes of the X files!

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Overall Wayne I have to agree I was disappointed too. It started off well but there is simply far too many mediocre episodes.....
    Oh well, it was still good of you to give me the oppurtunity to find out for myself.
    On a similar theme, For my next 'episode a day' series, i'll be moving on to 'Night Gallery'.
    As it's a Rod Serling series, i might i think i'll just tag it onto the Twilight Zone thread, rather than make a new thread just for 3 discs.