Default Expiring Passwords

Bizarrely, my PS password just expired as it was "180 days old". As I was one of the first (the first?) person to register an account on PS, I'm guessing that everyone else will shortly be getting a similar message.

It's not a huge problem, I just had to choose a new password, but be warned everyone!

And maybe this feature should be turned off? I don't usually find I need to change my forum password every 6 months.

Si.

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    And maybe this feature should be turned off? I don't usually find I need to change my forum password every 6 months.
    Si.
    I agree. Turn it off if possible.

Pip Madeley Guest

Not to worry, I've just had a look and it seems for some reason it was only 'on' for Admins (very odd!)... it was never going to affect anyone else. I've removed the expiration, sorry about that Si.

Si expired! This is terrible news! Give him the kiss of life NOW!

I'm always up for a bit of that.

Si.

Ever since my password forcibly had to be changed, PS has been behaving oddly for me. First, it refused to recognise the new password even though I clearly typed it in correctly, so I had to change it again. It's also logged me out several times since. Odd.

Si.

Can someone resend me the Temple password (just in case I feel the earth move)

Ta

I can't remember what it is. I just got logged out again. Basically the 'Keep me Logged In' box doesn't now appear to work.

Si.

All sorted - thanks Tim

Your welcome.