Thread: Sabre

Default Sabre

This is my new favourite website.

http://www.sabre-roads.org.uk/

Not sure if it is too much like work for Rob to enjoy it , but I have been lost in it for a few days.

Nice to read about anoraks of a different kind.

There used to be a board for websites on the old PS, but I couldn't see it so bunged this here. Hope that was ok.

Make way for a naval officer!

Pip Madeley Guest

Perhaps we could have a thread for "Recommended Websites" and keep it in The Crooked World?

SABRE is cool and groovy. Though my fave website (and one that was actually useful for work on the motorway) was always Chris's British Roads Database. www.cbrd.co.uk

Highlights include the Motorway database - a guide to each motorway and what type of carriageway layout it has at each junction, the great C Road hunt, where people send in photos of signs that point to C-Roads (eg C6584) and my personal favourite, the guide to Bad Junctions. It's a scream!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I like the entry for the A167(M) on the Pathetic Motorways site

Make way for a naval officer!

This website is hypnotic, I've just spent 30 minutes looking at pictures of speed limit signs!
    One Day, I shall come back, Yes, I shall come back,
    Until them, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties, Just go forward in all your beliefs,
    and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine!