The Romans 9/10
    The Web Planet 5/10
    The Crusade 6/10
    The Space Museum 7/10
    The Chase 8/10
    The Time Meddler 9/10

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Vale View Post
    Planet Of Giants 7/10 (68%) - Ok, but nothing special storywise, in the end you're willing it to end.
    Dalek Invasion Of Earth 8/10 (82%) - Lots of iconic images, probably an episode or two too long.
    The Rescue 7/10 (69%) - A pretty dreadful story, and some uninspiring acting from Maureen O'Brien.
    The Romans 8.5/10 (86%) - Wonderful fun, and great performances all round.
    The Web Planet 8/10 (79%) - I'm always baffled as to why this gets such bad "press", I love it. Great sets & design, and wonderfully spooky atmosphere too.
    The Crusade 8.5/10 (86%) - Great historical, excellent performances from the guest & regular cast.
    The Space Museum 6.5/10 (67%) - It's all downhill after episode 1, but there's worse to come.....
    The Chase 6/10 (59%) - Some pretty awful stuff here, and dreadful production too. It's saving grace is Ian & Barbara's leaving scene, imo.
    The Time Meddler 8.5/10 (86%) - Very rewatchable, some great scenes between Hartnell & Butterworth.

Average : 7.5/10
    With some of the comments you've made i wouldnt've expected the quite high scores you've given them!
    The Recue gets a slating but still gets a 7!

Last edited by Wayne; 1st Dec 2006 at 2:38 PM.

Here are the percentages from my w*nky Doctor Who ratings document:

Planet of Giants - 6.5/10 (66%)
    The Dalek Invasion of Earth - 8/10 (82%) up slightly after watching DVD
    The Rescue - 7/10 (70%) an average romp
    The Romans - 8.5/10 (86%)
    The Web Planet - 6.5/10 (66%) up slightly after watching DVD
    The Crusade - 8.5/10 (84%)
    The Space Museum - 5.5/10 (55%) includes 84% for the first episode
    The Chase - 6/10 (60%)
    The Time Meddler - 8/10 (78%)
    Last edited by Milky Tears; 1st Dec 2006 at 2:54 PM. Reason: #Bold! Always believe in your soul...

Planet Of Giants

An interesting premise, with some great sets and props (the giant fly is rather good), but distinctly flat with some very uninspired performances. Why exactly does Forrester think that putting a hanky over the mouthpiece of the phone and then talking in his normal voice will make him sound like Farrow?!

Score: 4/10

The Dalek Invasion Of Earth

First time I saw this I made the mistake of trying to watch it all in one go, and for ages afterwards thought it was really boring. Watch it one episode at a time in context with the rest of the series up to that point and its actually surprisingly good.

Score: 7/10

The Rescue

Does what it is supposed to, but doesnt stick in the mind a lot. The final confrontation between the Doctor and Bennett is good, and Hartnell equally plays the scenes with Vicki very well. An uncomfortable wondering arises about why Bennett, who has quite happily killed a whole crew of humans and most of the remaining population of Dido, keeps a girl of about 15 (judging by her comment in The Mythmakers regarding Troiluss age) alive rather than killing her as well.

Score: 5/10

The Romans

What fun! Moments of comedy and farce interspersed with some really rather dark stuff, such as Barbara being bought as a slave (yes, OK, it was by the guy who turned out to be a goodie at the end, but no-one knew that at the time.) and the TARDIS crew being separated by hundreds of miles with no easy way to get to each other. A brave experiment to try to play a story for laughs, and for me it works beautifully. Far better than the kind of laughs the show would be played for in later years.

Score: 8/10

The Web Planet

Oh dear. Another brave experiment, but this one over-reached itself and apparently no-one was able to step back enough to see it happen. It has many good moments in it, and many very, very bad ones. The movement and characterisation of the Menoptra is good, the Optera are just silly. One minute we have Prapillius giving a frankly wonderful monologue about how the Menoptra used to be and how unsuited they are for this kind of life, and why they must trust Barbara because she can show them how to live without wings and flight, and the next we have the same characters running round going Zaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar-BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII! And the ending has no impact whatsoever.

Score: 4/10

The Crusade:

Acting gold from all concerned (with the possible exception of Reg Pritchard as Ben Daheer), but it fizzles out. The surviving episodes look superb, but then you expect no less from a BBC period drama, and in places it is very cleverly scripted. Quite good, but the story just stops rather than ending.

Score: 6/10

The Space Museum

Ugh. A creepy first episode, but then the rest of it is like pulling teeth. By the end you dont remember which character was which, nor do you really care. The stuff about wondering if the future is fixed was interesting (although why, after making so much fuss about the possible significance of whether a button was missing or not, did no-one think of the significance of unravelling Barbaras cardigan in terms of the future they were trying to avoid?), but the background story was just very, very dull.

Score: 3/10

The Chase

Poor production, poor scripting in places, and infamously the one with the stupid Dalek and the robot Doctor who looks nothing like him, this is nonetheless good fun. We dont need serious, deep and meaningful stories full of heightened emotion all the time. Why not have a bit of a romp every so often? Love it.

The Time Meddler

A good start for Steven, whose character sadly was never this good again, and of course a star turn from Peter Butterworth. Nothing spectacular, but a nice, steady adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    With some of the comments you've made i wouldnt've expected the quite high scores you've given them!
    The Recue gets a slating but still gets a 7!

I know what you mean, it does look like that! I rated them on many 'fronts' a couple of years back, including things like design, music etc. So a poor story can still sometimes get a reasonable score.

The Rescue would have been saved a little by the regular cast, for one thing......
    Last edited by Perry Vale; 1st Dec 2006 at 3:34 PM.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Wayne Guest

Fair do's. I was just curious.

My guess is that S2 will come out a bit on the weak side compared to 1 & 3, which IMO are stronger seasons all round.

Planet of Giants 8/10
    I like some of the interplay between the regulares in this story, especially the scenes where Barbara is trying to hide how ill she is from Ian. The backdrop story is a little bit weak, but then again it needs to be for the focus to remain on the TARDIS crew in their minituarised state.

The Dalek Invasion of Earth 10/10
    Best Hartnell story by a country mile. If I could I'd give it a twelve. It has a great cliffhanger at the end of episode 1, and it's one of the few stories that allow all the regulars to get something to do. The Robomen would have looked better if they had looked a bit more like the Cushing move versions but grubbier.

The Rescue 7/10
    It's a short but solid story that gives the Doctor a great moment at the end when he confronts Koquillion and successfully establishes Vicki before she becomes a companion

The Romans 8/10
    The best Doctor Who comedy episode there's been. I love the way the regulars are split into two groups and almost but never quite meet.

The Web Planet 4.5/10
    This hasn't stood the test of time at all. The Meoptera look ridiculous and the Zarbi look fine when still but just as bad when they move.

The Crusade 6/10
    I want to like it, and there are moments in it that are great, such as Ian in the desert, but overall it's a bit on the dull side.

The Space Museum 7/10
    Phenomenally eerie first episode and then it gets weaker, but all in all I prefer it to a lot of the other stories from this season.

The Chase 6/10
    I try to think of this as a dress rehearsal for DMP, but it still doesn't always help. I do like the Mechanoids though.

The Time Meddler 8/10
    Peter Butterworth makes this story as good as it is. He's wonderful as the Monk, and steal every scene he's in. Good start for Steven too, and it does have the wonderful line, "What do you mean, 'maybe'? What do you think it is, a space helmet for a cow?"

Overall, Season 1 is the stronger and even at it's weakest it beats the weaknesses of Season 2, but I'd take Dalek Invasion Of Earth over anything else the Hartnell years has on offer.
    Last edited by Paul Clement; 2nd Dec 2006 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Change to Romans rating after watching it again.

In general, I think season 2 is a bit of a letdown after season 1, and even the best doesn't somehow have the same magic. Ah, the more things change, the more they stay the same...

Planet of Giants 3/10
    If I had enjoyed season 1 in 1963/4 I would have been very disappointed with this tripe as a season opener. Yes, it's well made technically (mostly - although the scanner screen shattering wouldn't have been convincing, even 40 years ago) but by golly it's dull.

DioE 10/10
    Agreed, not suitable for watching in one hit, but as an epic spread over six episodes it's one of the show's greats. And for once, the invasion has already taken place. I get a chill every time I hear that "We are the masters of Earth" line.

The Rescue 10/10 Irrational perhaps, but I just absolutely adore this one. Cheap it may be, but it has bags of atmosphere, and Hartnell is at his finest. Plus it's the first time really that the Doctor saves the day on his own, confronting Bennett alone in the temple. Absolutely one of my all-time favourite stories, a little gem.

The Romans 3/10
    A badly-judged, cheap-looking mess. Episode 1 starts off fun enough, with the regulars enjoying themselves, but the whole thing quickly becomes just dreadful. It tries to be a comedy entry into a drama series, but is neither funny nor even dramatic.

The Web Planet 8/10
    Another burst of irrationality, but I love this one, despite its many faults. Many of its visuals, in respect of the Zarbi especially, have dated; but some of them (the attack on the plateau, the Menoptera, the web and the beast at its heart) still look good. There's far too much 'shadow on backdrop' action for me to give it a 10 out of 10, but nevertheless episode 1 is one of the show's finest ever 25 minutes, and the cliffhangers to episodes 1, 2, and 5 in particular are all sensational. Mind you, the book is even better!

The Crusade 8/10
    From one of the worst historicals to one of the best, and ironically The Romans and The Crusade seem to have virtually the same plot! Yet here we get a superb set of episodes, beautifully constructed/written/directed/performed. The sequence with Joanna and Richard arguing through the palace set in episode 3 is a marvellously put-together bit of direction, making the picture really move, and this kind of thinking really lifts what could have been a very static, 'talking-head' sort of story. Mind you, the book is even better!

The Space Museum 3/10
    Not even a relatively interesting first episode can save this one. Watch closely and see if you can spot the exact moment where the budget ran out!

The Chase 2/10
    It actually makes The Space Museum seem more bearable! What an awful waste of Doctor Who screen-time - the middle two are the worst of the six, but that's not saying much! The only nice thing I can think of to say is that Hartnell shows his skill as an actor in episode 5, as he clearly knows exactly when he's playing the Doctor and when the robot, and considering they would have been doing it 'as live' he's 100% on the ball, bless him. But my goodness, what a dreadful tale to write out Ian & Barbara in.

The Time Meddler 7/10
    Great fun, a nice romp to end the season. Hartnell is clearly enjoying himself sparring with the Monk, and it's fun to see Vicki somewhat lording it over newboy Steven. I wonder what viewers thought in 1965 when the cliffhanger to episode three first aired? My favourite scene is in part 4, as the three regulars are tied up by the sarcophagus, and Vicki and Steven discuss what will happen when time is changed...

My least favourite Hartnell season, although saying it was bad would be doing it a grave injustice:

Planet of Giants: 7/10
    The Dalek Invasion of Earth 5/10
    The Rescue: 9/10
    The Romans: 8/10
    The Web Planet: 5/10
    The Crusade: 9/10
    The Space Museum: 4/10 (although the first episode would get 8/10)
    The Chase: 8/10
    The Time Meddler: 5/10

Although this could well change - being unable to work means I've started going through the whole series from the start (up to The Aztecs so far), so things could well change upon a rewatch!
    Your people? Your people??? They are MY people now!

Planet of Giants - 6/10

The Dalek Invasion of Earth - 8/10 some wonderfull moments - Susan dropping her TARDIS key aawhile David takes her hand is a touching moment and Hartnell's "One day I shall come back" speech is an absolout joy to watch.

The Rescue - 6/10

The Romans - 7/10 - I was never to keen on this story at first but watched it again a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it.
    e
    The Web Planet - 2/10 (had it not been for the 1st episode which is pretty good i'd of given this one a big fat zero)

The Crusade - 8/10 (even with only 2 episode it's easy to see this is a quaility story)

The Space Museum - 7/10 (watched this a few weeks and I personaly don't think it a bad as some make out)

The Chase - 7/10 (yes the first 2 episodes are painfully slow and dull at times the other 4 episodes are just plain daft but it's still a fun and reasonably enjoyable romp)

The Time Meddler - 10/10 i very rarely give a story top marks as I don't believe any thing is perfect but this one is one of the few exceptions. It's a wonderfull story with Hartnell on top form but it's Peter Butterworth who steals the show.
    Last edited by Larry; 1st Dec 2006 at 9:02 PM.

Planet of Giants 5.5/10, not bad but a bit of a drag even in only three eps. Good effect though.

The Dalek Invasion of Earth 5/10, very slow moving and cheap looking, although it has its moments, a fair sense of grimness and a strong first episode.

The Rescue 6/10, underrated. Easy viewing.

TheRomans 7/10, stretches the format a bit, and quite entertaining at times.

The Web Planet 5/10, some memorable imagery and good atmosphere at times, but a heck of a plod, and can be silly and boring.

The Crusade 10/10. Majestic and dramatic.

The Space Museum, 4/10, trivial and weak most of the time.

The Chase, 5/10, quite fun sometimes, but often ridiculous and inept.

The Time Meddler, 9/10, lacks incident but good on atmosphere.

Planet of Giants 6/10 - I used to not care for this much, but the VidFIREd video release pushed it up a score or two. Best bit by far is Barbara's fear at being poisoned and her bravely hiding it from Ian.

The Dalek Invasion of Earth - 9/10 Always loved this ever since reading the Target circa 1980. I even splashed out on the 20 video on day of release while I was a student - a real luxury item! Love the grim feel to it and the fact that the Earth for once has been invaded and subjugated well before the TARDIS crew arrive. And the first ever companion departure remains one of the best. Would have a perfect score if it weren't for the somewhat disappointing Dalek voices.

The Rescue - 6/10. Never understood why this slight story often gets such high praise from so many fans. To my mind, it's just a vehicle to introduce the annoying Vicki.

The Romans - 7.5/10 Now this is much better. The regular cast are having a ball, and Ian and Barbara are so obviously in love! I love the way that the two groups just keep missing each other and neither know about the adventures the others have had!

The Web Planet 5.5/10 - The first two episodes are really rather good, but the rest is a bit of a struggle. Highlight is the Optera sacrificing herself in the acid flow to save the others.

The Crusade 7/10 Would probably score a notch higher if it was complete to see in all its glory. Good cast, good costumes etc.

The Space Museum - 4/10 My least favourite existing Hartnell, and it only gets a 4 for the very good first episode. The rest is pants, apart from Hartnell's manic moment inside the Dalek, and indeed seeing the Daleks right at the end.

The Chase - 7/10 As some have said, don't take it seriously and it's very entertaining! Attacking a Dalek with Barbara's cardigan is fab, as is the departure of the two companions - rather moving, especially Hartnell's reaction to their request - first anger, then a resigned sadness.

The Time Meddler - 7/10 I like Earth settings, I like pseudo-historicals and I like Petter Butterworth. Go figure! Vicki works much better with Steven than Ian and Barbara IMO.

Overall, S2 lacks the consistency of S1.
    Last edited by Jonno; 3rd Dec 2006 at 11:05 AM.

Planet of Giants 7/10 An enjoyable enough story, with excellent effects for it's time. It wouldn't have worked as a 4-parter, though.

The Dalek Invasion of Earth 9/10 I usually love this story, but last time I watched it I found it pretty slow moving. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood for it at the time, though.

The Rescue 7/10 A very simple, enjoyable tale. Not much to it though.

The Romans 9/10 I love everything about this story! How they get split up and then never quite meet up till the end of the story, both strands of the story come to an end in their own right, rather than them all meeting up before the story's finale...the best comedy story, ever imo

The Web Planet 3/10 I just never could get into this one. I'll have to give it another try one day, but not at the moment...

The Crusade 7/10 Good performanves all round again, and it's good to see that it's a straight historical rather than staying down the comedy road that The Romans took...I'd probably rate this higher if the complete story existed.

The Space Museum 6/10 I always enjoy this story, although it does drop in quality after the first episode. I love the surprise ending, too!

The Chase 6/10 A fun story, just don't take it too seriously and it's fine. I much prefer the novelisation, though!

The Time Meddler 8/10 Another story I've always enjoyed. Peter Butterworth is excellent here, and I've always had a soft spot for pseudo-historicals.
    Last edited by MacNimon; 3rd Dec 2006 at 10:40 AM.

Planet of Giants 8/10
    Ian and Barbara bump this up to eight. Poor Babs!

The Dalek Invasion of Earth 6/10
    Despite the iconic moments and superb 'London under occupation' feel, one of the dullest and least satisfying Dalek adventures.

The Rescue 7/10
    A fun little bit of shenanigans on the planet Dido. Tee hee!

The Romans 8/10
    He's quite handy in a fight, that Hartnell. Apparently.

The Web Planet 7/10
    Brilliant, but not as brilliant as it thinks it is.

The Crusade 7/10
    Brilliant, but not as brilliant as it thinks it is.

The Space Museum 7/10
    Rubbish, but not as rubbish as we think it is.

The Chase 8/10
    Despite the enormous ****-ups, this one is superbly enjoyable.

The Time Meddler 8/10
    A mini-classic.

Overall - a solid season, with a few good attempts to break out into new areas.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    Fair do's. I was just curious.

My guess is that S2 will come out a bit on the weak side compared to 1 & 3, which IMO are stronger seasons all round.
    I've been thinking about this, and I'm not so sure Season 3 is all that much stronger. Taking DMP out of the equation it's fairly average with some real clunkers thrown in.

Planet of Giants 5/10
    The Dalek Invasion of Earth 7/10
    The Rescue 4/10
    The Romans 6/10
    The Web Planet 5/10
    The Crusade 6/10
    The Space Museum 5/10
    The Chase 6/10
    The Time Meddler 5/10

Not a great season, but 2 Dalek stories a couple of entertaining historicals and an insight into The Doctor's race make it interesting.
    One Day, I shall come back, Yes, I shall come back,
    Until them, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties, Just go forward in all your beliefs,
    and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine!

Interesting comment on series 3, Paul - I must say I think it's a very strong line-up of stories, and certainly shows a wider variety of styles.

I don't want to jump the gun as we'll be putting our ratings up in a few days, but I'd say that 4 stories from Season 3 will be getting very low ratings, one of them being what I'd consider to be the second worst episode of Doctor Who ever.

Planet Of Giants 7/10
    The Dalek Invasion Of Earth 8
    The Rescue 7
    The Romans 3
    The Web Planet 7
    The Crusade 7
    The Space Museum 3
    The Chase 5
    The Time Meddler 7

I like this season more than others do, though with a bias toward the Hartnell Era...

Planet of Giants- A very low-key start to the season, and probably the best take on the miniscules plotline, judging by the other rumours. The structure is very interesting, with the leads never interacting with the guest cast to any major degree, and this is handled rather well (though Hilda is annoying!). The villian and their motivation is quite at odds with this era of the series, and the plot is played surprisingly straight, feeling a bit like a Cathy Gale Avengers episode. 7/10

The Dalek Invasion of Earth- While Marco Polo and The Keys of Marinus were epic, this one knocks their socks off. It has better focus than the former, and much better production values than the latter. Here, we have a well developed multi-stranded plot, very good effects for the time (don't mention the Slyther!) and a wonderful sense of doom, desperation and hope. True, there are stereotypical character models (the gruff hard man, the stubborn rebel leader, the selfish and doomed extortionist) but the actors and direction imbue these characters with a third dimension not found in the script. The last scene provides a massive tear-jerker, and must have been an amazing shock at the time. 9/10

The Rescue- I love Vicki, and I think this is a great little story. It is very slight. It doesn't try to be grandiose, and unlike many other companion intro stories, the new character is the plot. Maureen O'Brien gives a much more believable 'young' performance than Ford did, although (surprisingly) Ray Barrett is a bit stiff. Speaking of that, may I just ask- Cockylickin? 7/10

The Romans- Oh sweet god this is good. A rich script, great acting, excellent design and duck-and-weave plot make this essential viewing. This shows Doctor Who can work wonderfully as farce and still maintain an edge, with Nero being both threatening and hilarious. Francis Wolf's performance is sublime, and the first real direct foil to Hartnell's Doctor. We also get Barbara as a Benny Hill girl, Ian in a toga and Vicki smashing pottery over an assassin. What more do you want? 10/10

The Web Planet- Amazing ideas, wanting just an extra day or so in the studio. Sadly, this wasn't to be, but what we get isn't bad either. The insect cultures and hierachies are well portrayed (especially the regressive Optera) and the costumes are much easier to forgive than, say, Warriors of the Deep. The Animus has a very chilling voice, although the hair dryer loses any sense of menace very quickly. There is a great atmosphere over the whole thing, and you can tell the entire staff are trying their best here. My only real complaint would be that after a brilliant, slow build up, the Animus is dealt with in less than 10 seconds. No battle?! 7/10

The Crusade- Lyrically written and very well performed. Jean Marsh and Julian Glover steal the show, but there is much to recommend the Muslim characters as well (who, despite being white men in boot polish, actually hold a lot of our dignity and sympathy). The holiday syndrome is at its height here, with Ian's only purpose on his mission to Barbara is to get trapped for a while. Barbara's story gives a great snapshot of history, especially when asked to kill her rescuer's daughter if she has to. I was a bit sorry to see Richard kick the Doctor and Vicki out (in the novel he at least lets them know he knows they didn't betray him). 8/10

The Space Museum- Say what you want, I think it's fab. Episode 1 is wonderfully spooky, and although the rest are a runaround, there's lots of fun and wit to be had. Vicki unlocking the Armoury is actually one of my favourites from the era, as is Ian trying to eat a cardigan. Letting the side down is some rediculous design work (especially the Moroks and the Xerons), but everyone at least seems to be enjoying themselves... 6/10

The Chase- Another comedy, though not as good as the Romans. the story looks very impressive overall, with special points going to the two alien planets (even with a giant testicle coming through a wall). Essentially The Keys of Marinus with more Daleks and less plot, The Chase has a daft charm all its own, helped by the fact that our heroes keep telling us they're in mortal danger. We are given a bit of a slap towards the end, with Vicki going missing, a homicidal Robot Doctor, and the Mechanoids (who are actually rather sinister). Ian and Barbara's departure manages to sum up their relationship with the Doctor in about five minutes, showing how far they've come, and the Doctor's reaction is wonderfully real and sad. 7/10

The Time Meddler- The season goes out with a bang! This comedy pseudo historical is firing on all cylinders, and with all links to the beginning bar the Doctor cut, it has to be. New companion Steven settles in, and plays the cynic to the open minded Vicki. This gives the Doctor a chance to get in trouble, getting some of the best scenes whilst on holiday! Butterworth's Monk is a wonderful change in antagonist. Admittedly self-serving, he's not trying to hurt anyone, but if a few things get changed along the way, what's wrong with that? His relationship with Hartnell is stunning, and makes you wish he'd returned more often. The implied rape scene is very odd in terms of the tone of the surrounding material, but was probably included to add historical detail. Even so, for the script and interplay between the characters, I have to say 9/10

Overall Season Ranking: 8/10
    Last edited by brandynigma; 8th Dec 2006 at 12:04 PM.

Oooh, coconut macaroons!

[QUOTE=brandynigma;5554(even with a giant testicle coming through a wall)[/QUOTE]

Why do i immediately think of Creature from the Pit? (You can all thank me for lowering the tone later. )

When do we start on Season 3?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Clement View Post
    When do we start on Season 3?
    Now!

Just for the record, we'll normally move on to a new season every Friday afternoon as that's simply the most convenient time for me to do the results etc. In fact, even if on occasion I can't do it on Friday afternoon, we'll just move onto the next season anyway, and I'll just post the results ASAP after that!

But now it's the turn of Season 3...

so marks out of 10 please for...

Galaxy 4
    Mission to the Unknown
    The Myth Makers
    The Daleks' Master Plan
    The Massacre
    The Ark
    The Celestial Toymaker
    The Gunfighters
    The Savages
    The War Machines

Galaxy 4 - 6/10
    Mission to the Unknown - 7/10
    The Myth Makers - 9/10 - wonderful fun, and takes a surprising turn into nastiness in the final episode when everyone gets massacred!
    The Daleks' Master Plan - 10/10 - despite the disappointing episodes in Ancient Egypt this story is a true epic, and one of the best Whos. Shame it's mostly missing...
    The Massacre of St Bartholomew's Eve - 9/10 - Unique in that the focus of the story is away from the Doctor (who doesn't feature much in it at all), and shows what a great companion Steven is!
    The Ark - 6/10
    The Celestial Toymaker - 6/10 - The story promises much, however the existing episode shows just how cheap it was in reality....
    The Gunfighters - 8/10 - another fun episode. And the song's not that bad
    The Savages - 8/10 - Not a classic, but a neglected story. Bonus points for having very different music....
    The War Machines - 8/10 - the first contemporary one, and it's a good one!
    Last edited by Phillip Culley; 8th Dec 2006 at 3:12 PM.
    Your people? Your people??? They are MY people now!

Ooo! We've just been watching Season 3. I'll not say anything because we're saving it up for the review, but here are the scores on the draws:

Galaxy 4 8/10
    Mission to the Unknown 9/10
    The Myth Makers 8/10
    The Daleks' Master Plan 9/10
    The Massacre 7/10
    The Ark 7/10
    The Celestial Toymaker 7/10
    The Gunfighters 8/10
    The Savages 7/10
    The War Machines 8/10

Nothing really outstanding, but no stinkers. Can't wait to see the average score for the Gunfighters!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!