Default And now, I am angry!

I was having a wander round the video games shops in town today, and to my joy I saw that Halo 2 is on pre-order for the PC.

But that joy turned to sorrow and fury when I saw the words "requires Windows Vista" on the case...

Fork out an extra 100 for an OS that I don't really want as well as the game itself? To heck with that... despite how cumbersome and less convenient it'd be, I'm now feeling very much inclined to go ahead with buying a second-hand X-Box and the game on that now... it'd certainly be a lot cheaper.
    We ride tornadoes. We eat tomatoes.

Yeah, Halo 2 needs Direct X 10 to run properly.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that within a few months, XP will have a version of the new Direct X 10 so that we can play these games. But it might not be possible.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

If that's the case, that's a bit of a strong kick in the teeth - it pretty much means any new games are going to be restricted to Vista users only...

I feel inclined to whinge about making games overly exclusive and Microsoft blackmailing their own consumers, but I've got work I really ought to be doing.
    We ride tornadoes. We eat tomatoes.

The feeling I'm getting is that eventually most new games that come out will need DirectX 10 and thus Vista to run. I'm no authority, but I don't think there will be a version DX10 for XP...

WhiteCrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cullsoft View Post
    Fork out an extra 100 for an OS that I don't really want as well as the game itself? To heck with that... despite how cumbersome and less convenient it'd be, I'm now feeling very much inclined to go ahead with buying a second-hand X-Box and the game on that now... it'd certainly be a lot cheaper.
    Me too is tempted just to buy an old XBox (about 40) for Halo, Halo2 and Republic Commando.