Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    Oh my God, it is, isn't it? Absolutely bloody hideous.

Someone has taken the video cover - which was hideous to start with, badly pasted it onto a new background and added a bloody great red globe in the middle where there isn't the space for one.

It's the worst cover since Lynda Baron chewing a wasp on the "Enlightenment" VHS.

Si.
    Pretty good summation, Si! It's absolutely ghastly.

Though, for reasons I can't fathom, lots of people on OG seem to love it. The same posters who hated the gorgeous Genesis cover because Davros' piccy had been mirrored are heaping praise onto a cover that has a big red ball filled with nothing stuck into the centre (couldn't the ball even have contained one of the companions, instead of what looks like a random zoom onto part of Concorde?). One poster even has this to say:

Very nice cover for time-flight just what i imagined it to look like, got to be the best cover in ages although timelash had a nice one should look nice on the shelf next to Earthshock was the arc of infinity cover official if so wasn't that good
    I'm sold.
    "I remember because cherries send me into a wild fury!"

Pip Madeley Guest

Though, for reasons I can't fathom, lots of people on OG seem to love it.
    Well.

I have been informed this set has been dispateched!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Mine turned up at about 15:00 today. Nice red box that is ruined by the dent on the corner.

Had a quick glance at this today,the outer box is nothing special,and the snippets of the Arc commentary ive heard sound great

Captain Tancredi Guest

Well, it's arrived here and I've seen the first episode of Time-Flight and most of the Arc documentary (which was clearly written by my history teacher from school, who used a similar question-and-obvious-answer method). Still can't really see the point of bringing the two stories out as a pair, though- apart from anything else, my Who DVDs are on a set of racks which hold them horizontally, so any box sets have to go out of order.

I'm sure 2|e wouldn't have bothered if they'd known about your set of racks....
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

My slipcase didn't have any fancy silver printing, just the splodgy, almost illegible black background bit for the titles. I am of course disgusted, and will be writing to my MP about this. Or something.

Or I might flog it to Ian Levine for 5000 as a rare edition.

Pip Madeley Guest

Or I might flog it to Ian Levine for 5000 as a rare edition.
    You're selling it a bit cheap.

I'll probably buy it tomorrow, I've got an HMV giftcard to get rid of and a friend of mine can get me 20% discount, so it shouldn't offend my bargain-hunting sensibilities.

Saw this yesterday and was really tempted but its a bit pricey for me even though its quite good value if you see what I mean.

Pip Madeley Guest

17 is the cheapest I've found yet (at Blah DVD), 15 if you use their 2 voucher for new members.

Ours is still "pending" at dvd.co.uk, whatever that means. I didn't think I was bothered about getting the DVD's quickly, but it annoys me we pre-ordered it so long ago and it still hasn't been dispatched. Don't they get enough stock in to cover pre-orders?

I may have to cancel my KTT order with them at this rate.

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Pip Madeley View Post
    17 is the cheapest I've found yet (at Blah DVD), 15 if you use their 2 voucher for new members.
    This is where I've ordered mine from, their site, and my account, says "awaiting stock" and has been like this since last week. Hope it won't be too long as I've arranged for it to be sent straight to my holiday site, but, as ever, I'm looking forward to seeing the episodes.

I too have yet to get my goodies from Blah. How I long to while the hours away watching Time-Flight studio footage.

Hoo-bloody-Ray.

Dvd.co.uk have finally sent me an e-mail saying ours is ready to be posted, after two days of "awaiting stock". Really, if you're loyal enough to pre-order six weeks in advance, I don't think it's too much to expect them to order enough stock so they can post it on the release date.

Si.

No sign still from Play. I've had an inordinate amount of DVDs go missing in the post in the last few months, I think I'm just going to give up on online ordering and start buying from shops again!

Pip Madeley Guest

Patience is a virtue!

I'm usually patient, it just annoys me that you order with them months in advance and then they go out of stock before they ship yours. It feels like you're bottom of their priority list even though you ordered early, which is wrong as a point of principle.

Si.

I don't mind being patient, I'm hardly in a rush to watch Time-Flight! But I have to wait 3 weeks before getting a replacement, when it's obvious after one that it's not going to turn up. It's annoying. And far from the first time it's happened this year either.

We're halfway through "Time-Flight". It's one of those school play/panto type stories like "The Android Invasion" where everyone seems to speak very clunky lines and there's not much naturalism. The Heathrow location footage could come straight out of some drab schools programme. We're enjoying it though. It helps that neither of us has seen it very often.

Thanks to the menu screen I can't stop saying "ob-a-lob-a-lob"

The covers are even worse in the flesh than they looked online!

The commentary for Arc of Infinity is highly entertaining and possibly one of the best ever. The banter between Colin and Peter is great fun to listen to, as is Janet's introduction to the commentary which made us laugh out loud!
    Haven't done too much else yet, but it looks like being a fine set.

Si xx

Janet's an extraordinary woman isn't she?

Si.

She is, and in a good way too. Doctor Who would be much poorer without her input.

Si xx

Well I really meant she's an extraordinary character, and she seems like a lot of fun. I'd love to go down the pub with her!

On her contribution to Doctor Who, I agree. I've always thought that there were three, and only three, actresses who played companions that were truly great. Those being Jaqueline Hill, Louise Jameson and Janet Fielding. But that's just my opinion of course!

Si.

Back in the late Eighties I taped off-air a radio phone-in programme which had Ian Levine, Eric Saward and Janet Fielding discussiing the show. IL and ES were as you'd expect, but Janet was defending the series at every opportunity and came across as someone who really cared about the show.

It makes very interesting listening. One of these days I must get round to editing it onto a CD - if anyone wants a copy just le me know (am I allowed to say that on here??)