Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Pip Madeley Guest

Default Daddy's girl Paris Hilton: back in the slammer

Daddy's girl gets banged up:

Celebrity heiress Paris Hilton has been jailed for 45 days after being found guilty of violating her probation for a drink-driving conviction.

A Los Angeles judge ruled she must start her sentence on 5 June and has no prospect of an early release. Ms Hilton told the judge she was very sorry and that she would "pay complete attention to everything" from now on.

The socialite said she did not know her licence had been suspended when caught driving without headlights in February. According to papers filed in Los Angeles' Superior Court, Ms Hilton was stopped by California Highway Patrol officers on 15 January and informed she was driving on a suspended licence.

The 26-year-old then reportedly signed a document acknowledging she was not allowed to drive. On 27 February, she was stopped by Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department for speeding on Sunset Boulevard with her car's headlights off and charged with violating her probation.

Although Ms Hilton maintained she was not aware her licence had been suspended, court papers said the document she signed in January was found in her car's glove compartment. She was also accused of failing to enrol in an alcohol education programme by a court-ordered deadline.

Ms Hilton was sentenced to three years' probation, fined $1,150 (582), and lost her licence at the end of January after pleading no contest to a drink driving charge in September. Despite prosecutors saying the heiress deserved a jail sentence prior to Friday's hearing, Ms Hilton arrived at the court at least 10 minutes late.

If Ms Hilton does not report to jail on 5 June she will face 90 days behind bars. Ms Hilton, heiress to the Hilton Hotel fortune, first gained notoriety for her constant partying as a teenager.

The BBC's David Willis says the austere surrounding of the all-women's detention centre will be a far cry from the five-star luxury the hotel heiress has become used to. What her fellow inmates will make of her, and she of them, remains to be seen, our correspondent says.
    She probably thought she could get away with anything because her dad's so rich... serves her right, I say.

Wayne Guest

I wonder if the shallow cow will actually learn anything from it? I doubt it. She's probably thinking it'll look good on her 'wild child' CV.
    I hope the she has a bad time in there. That's the only way something might sink in.

In a concise manner...GOOD! I hope she has an awful time of it.

Couldn't happen to a more deserving person

Just a shame that no matter what she'll get 'celebrity' treatment down there...
    Your people? Your people??? They are MY people now!

I look forward to the skanky Paris Banged Up Behind Bars sex tape/prison guard phone pics, shower cam footage, etc, etc, etc..

Damnit, James beat me to it with the comment I was going to make!

It's interesting that a celebrity has finally been sent to jail in the US, I wonder if they've decided to make a law which states they can send them in for petty crimes, but not when they committ murder or anything like that.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Pip Madeley Guest

She probably never realised (or cared) that by driving without her headlights on, she was putting people in danger. I don't have any sympathy, when I think of all the money she's wasted in her life, how she's had everything she's ever wanted handed to her on a plate, and how that money could've helped people, it's hard to muster up any sort of good feeling.

I thought it was bizarre that they sentenced her to 45 days... but not yet. Why is there a month's delay before the sentence actually begins?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    I thought it was bizarre that they sentenced her to 45 days... but not yet. Why is there a month's delay before the sentence actually begins?
    So she can arrange all those prison paparazzi shots/upskirt pics. Also gives the guards plenty of time to hide all those cameras/drill peep holes in her cell. Will we see pics of the prison hairdresser giving her a shave?

I wouldn't be surprised if we see her prison search/medical examination online by the end of next month.

WhiteCrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pip Madeley View Post
    Daddy's girl gets banged up:
    I'm sure I've seen the video of that!

Her album is much underrated by people who underrate such things.

Her album was ok but a million other people could have done it just as well.

She's utterly pointless really.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon R View Post
    She's utterly pointless really.
    As Eamon Holmes pointed out on the radio yesterday - mind you, he's a one to talk
    Bazinga !

Chances are they'll make a special episode of her "let's get away with being a dick to decent honest employers and the community" excuse for MTV entertainment, highlighting her fancy treatment and getting out of proper prison punishment while she's in there...

She's gonna learn nothing in my eyes. Soon as she's out she'll be a bleach on the world and it's excuse for celebrities within five minutes.
    We ride tornadoes. We eat tomatoes.

From BBC News:

Hilton backs online pardon appeal

Paris Hilton
    Ms Hilton 'provides hope for young people', the petition says

Hilton arrives at court
    Celebrity heiress Paris Hilton is backing an online petition seeking a pardon of her 45-day prison sentence because she enlivens "mundane" lives.

The petition to California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger also claims she was being used as a scapegoat to highlight the dangers of drink-driving.

Hilton was sentenced after being found guilty of violating her probation for a drink-driving conviction.

She must start her jail term by 5 June or risk a doubling of her sentence.

'Role model'

In a message on a MySpace website, Ms Hilton apparently endorsed the online appeal, saying: "My friend Joshua started his petition, please help and sihn it (sic). I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!"

If the late Former President Gerald Ford could find it in his heart to pardon the late Former President Richard Nixon ... we undeniably support Paris Hilton being pardoned
    Online petition seeking a
    pardon for Paris Hilton

The petition paints Ms Hilton as a role model who "provides hope for young people all over the US and the world. She provides beauty and excitement to (most of) our otherwise mundane lives".

It also draws parallels between other high-profile US figures who were forgiven for their misdeeds.

"If the late former President Gerald Ford could find it in his heart to pardon the late former President Richard Nixon after his mistake(s), we undeniably support Paris Hilton being pardoned for her honest mistake," it says.

Mr Schwarzenegger's press secretary, Aaron McLear, said the governor would not become involved in any case "until the individual has exhausted their judicial remedies".

Ms Hilton's representative, Elliot Mintz, could not verify whether the MySpace message attributed to his celebrity client was genuine, but he did say the petition "appeared to be authentic".

Separately, her lawyers have said they will appeal against the sentence.
    What the f**k!! She provides beauty and excitement into mundane lives!!!! How pretentious and pointless is she? The judge should give her another month on top of the 45 days as contempt of court for even supporting the peition.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Clement View Post
    What the f**k!! She provides beauty and excitement into mundane lives!!!! How pretentious and pointless is she? The judge should give her another month on top of the 45 days as contempt of court for even supporting the peition.
    I've seen her video and it bought excitement in to...ah, I can't go through with such a bad joke. I'd be lying too as it's quite dull. Anyway, yes, that's bloody outrageous if you ask me, and ridiculously patronising too. As if she's ever done anything of any worth - I just can't understand how anyone could reads such a petition and agree with it and then sign it.

Edit: Oddly over 14,000 people have signed that petition, whilst the "Get rid of Paris Hilton for good" one only has 1,500.

Edit: This site has a quite funny music video - http://www.goawayparis.com/ - which really politely asks her to go away!
    Last edited by Alex; 9th May 2007 at 7:52 PM.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

She brings excitement to young peoples' lives by saying that it's ok to get away with abusing priviliges and disobeying rules, and then making it look like you can get away with criminal acts by just giving the "puppy dog eyes" and getting people goodies (I thought this went down as bribery...). Damn fudging sweet role model for kids of today.

I beggining to think that if this appeal goes through, then going postal isn't such a bad idea. Hey, why don't we go the full nine yards and pardon the guy who shot up a high school a couple of weeks ago?

WhiteCrow Guest

How do you find the defendant?

He's guilty of mayhem, exposure indecient.
    Freaked-out behavior both chronic and recent.
    Drinking and driving, narcotics possession.
    And that's just page one of his ten page confession!

I should put you away where you can't kill or maim us,
    but this is LA and you're rich and famous!
    How right the Simpsons were - from the never-to-be-seen-again episode.

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Clement View Post
    From BBC News:

I'm totally seeing eye to eye with Paul tonight!

I'm with Paul & Wayne & I'm sure so is most people. Just because she got some of her friends to start a petition doesn't mean she should get off.

I'd laugh my ar*e off if Arnie upped her sentence to 2 months.

I don't think Arnie has the power to do that, but I bet he privately had a good laugh when he heard she wanted a pardon.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Edit: Oddly over 14,000 people have signed that petition, whilst the "Get rid of Paris Hilton for good" one only has 1,500.
    However this one has over 36 thousand signatures
    Your people? Your people??? They are MY people now!

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteCrowUK View Post
    How right the Simpsons were - from the never-to-be-seen-again episode.
    How come they're never showing it again? Is it because it's the New York set episode and it features the twin towers? Surely if that's the case every tv show or film which featured them wouldn't be shown ever again?
    Last edited by Alex; 10th May 2007 at 2:20 PM.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

jail her!

Ant x

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    How come they're never showing it again? Is it because it's the New York set episode and it features the twin towers? Surely if that's the case every tv show or film which featured them wouldn't be shown ever again?
    Pretty much the reasoning behind it (though I'm sure it's been shown since..). Which is a shame, because it's a wonderful episode.