Thread: DT does Parky

Default DT does Parky

Couldn't find a thread on this anywhere else.

Only caught it by accident as I was turning the TV on to watch Lazarus Exp, but watched it anyway.

Thought , oddly, that Parky did a pretty piss poor job (unless it was good right at the start) - seemed more interested in trying to show how cool he was by talking about DW (and getting most of it wrong).

Interesting snippet about what might not be happening at the end though......
    Bazinga !

I have to say I don't usually watch Parky, but I didn't think it was a great interview - it was about Doctor Who, and then about Casanova, and that seemed to be it. No 'what made you want to become an actor' (although it was touched on by Tennant, it was only by chance in relation to Who), no 'what do you think your career will be like after', even no 'what do your parents think', etc. Very bland indeed.

Tennant's off at the end of Series Two, isn't he?

Does that mean he's already left..?

Didn't watch it myself, but I'm not surprised to hear that it wasn't a very good interview, as Parkinson is long past his best, in my opinion. They were once essential viewing, Parky allowing the subjects to relax and talk freely, offering some fascinating insights from some incredible people, but now his interviews are just so fawning and superfluous, I just can't be bothered to watch anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Masters View Post
    Couldn't find a thread on this anywhere else.

Only caught it by accident as I was turning the TV on to watch Lazarus Exp, but watched it anyway.

Thought , oddly, that Parky did a pretty piss poor job (unless it was good right at the start) - seemed more interested in trying to show how cool he was by talking about DW (and getting most of it wrong).

Interesting snippet about what might not be happening at the end though......
    OK, I'll take the bait. What interesting snippet? And anything else you wish to share with those that forgot to watch?

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernStar View Post
    OK, I'll take the bait. What interesting snippet? And anything else you wish to share with those that forgot to watch?
    I'll share with anyone.

Parky said something about the series ending with a bang. They then started talking about the Face of Boe.
    Parky said something like " And then the Face said -(poor FOB impression) "You are not the last of the Timelords"
    DT (laughing politely) says " No, he says 'You are not alone '
    Parky " So there are other Time lords about "
    DT " No, " pause while considers what he can get away with saying without being shot down by RTD's sniper in the audience " Its a lot more complicated than that"

Which sort of suggests that the assumption that YOU KNOW WHO might not be coming back in exactly the way we had guessed he might
    Bazinga !

We missed his interview. Annoyingly he was on at the start and we turned over after he'd been on. He's always very smartly dressed isn't he, our David?

Parky has long since had his day. He's a bumbling old oath nowadays.

Ta.

I don't think its the Master. My pet theory is it's The Doctor's clone, grown from his severed hand. And that's who demanding to know "what exactly do you do for him?" of Martha.

Did David say anything that might suggest he's leaving at the end of this series or doing another?

WhiteCrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernStar View Post
    Ta.

I don't think its the Master. My pet theory is it's The Doctor's clone, grown from his severed hand. And that's who demanding to know "what exactly do you do for him?" of Martha.

Did David say anything that might suggest he's leaving at the end of this series or doing another?
    Haven't clones in the past looked identical to TimeLords?

I've avoided spoilers like the plague, but no, I don't think it's the Master coming back. It just seems a bit too obvious - I think we've been kind of led to believe it, so that whatever actually happens really comes out of left-field.

The clip of the Doctor shouting "Is that what you do for him?" (or whatever it is) seems to have generated a lot of debate (some on OG speculating that she's working for Saxon). Personally, though, I think it might be from Human Nature - maybe John Smith is asking Martha what she does for the Doctor. If you see what I mean.

Pip Madeley Guest

It is indeed from Human Nature..

I'd put money on it being the Master.

You may be right, Pip. But Tennant has now at least twice (and I'm sure I've seen/heard it a third time somewhere) commented that Boe is right, but that also the Doctor is right about being the last of the Timelords... in which case, John Simms or whoever suddenly popping up and saying "Haha, I'm the Master, surprise!" just doesn't seem to fit.

I'm keen not to know, and excited to find out!!

See, I think it fits perfectly. No counting the audios for a moment, the Master hasn't really been a Time Lord since he stole Tremas' body. Cemented no end in the TVM. So the Doctor not being alone and the Doctor still being the last of the Time Lords works perfectly. Since if the Master is out there, then Doctor is not alone in terms of survivors of Gallifrey, but is the last of his kind in terms of Time Lords. You see?
    I am out there... somewhere.

From a fan point of view, yes - but I'm not sure they'd want to spend five minutes trawling over just why the Master isn't actually really a genuinely total complete timelord.

Although I have been known to be wrong before. I was convinced for ages that Admiral Piett would turn out to be "another" in the Star Wars films - right up until ROTJ revealed it to be Princess Leia instead in fact...

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    Although I have been known to be wrong before. I was convinced for ages that Admiral Piett would turn out to be "another" in the Star Wars films - right up until ROTJ revealed it to be Princess Leia instead in fact...
    That made me chuckle
    I always did like Admiral Piett.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    From a fan point of view, yes - but I'm not sure they'd want to spend five minutes trawling over just why the Master isn't actually really a genuinely total complete timelord.
    It wouldn't take too long, plus it would make for a good dramatic story. No need to go into the intricate details... 'A long time ago the Master used up his ability to regenerate, and survived by stealing bodies... anything, really, to keep himself going. He gave up his right to be a Time Lord.' Or somesuch.
    I am out there... somewhere.