Default H/C overload this series?

Is it just me or do the writers really have it in for the Doctor recently? S and J had the Doc flatlining, in The Shakespere Code he suffered heart failure and Evolution saw him electrocuted (or at least painfully conducting lighting.)

And there are at least 2 incidents of him screaming in pain in the trailer.

WhiteCrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernStar View Post
    Is it just me or do the writers really have it in for the Doctor recently? S and J had the Doc flatlining, in The Shakespere Code he suffered heart failure and Evolution saw him electrocuted (or at least painfully conducting lighting.)

And there are at least 2 incidents of him screaming in pain in the trailer.
    Cool - the S&M agenda!

I'm now trying to think of how many times we saw Rose helplessly tied up now, I can only think of "The Girl in the Fireplace".

What's H/C?

We had this somewhat strange observation the other day (if you don't mind me saying!). There wouldn't be much drama if the lead character didn't get himself into mortal peril every week!

Si.

Ha, mere pinpricks. The NAs saw him stabbed, possessed, tortured, and beaten many a time.

I think that the problem with Series 2 was that they careered through each episode with relative ease, taking away suspense or doubt of success. Now they're trying to show him as being vulnerable. At one point I thought he was going to regenerate during Evolution of the Daleks.
    And there is a rumour that he'll regenerate at the end of the series, which I hope is wrong, but maybe they're building to it.

Pip Madeley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    And there is a rumour that he'll regenerate at the end of the series, which I hope is wrong, but maybe they're building to it.
    I don't think so somehow, seeing as they've paid Tennant a million quid to stay, or so the reports say.

I doubt those reports are true, though I don't think he'll regenerate this year. Next year on the other hand....

Si.