Default Gordon Ramsay Eats Horse

Gordon Ramsay will tell the British public to start eating horse meat in a new series of The F Word.

The celebrity chef, notorious for his no-nonsense style, will continue to shock in new episodes due to begin on Tuesday.

In one show Ramsay tells viewers: "I've eaten horse." He continues to hail it as a healthy eat - containing iron and half the fat of beef - which tastes "slightly gamey".

Presenter Janet Street-Porter is dispatched to a horse farm in France on the programme - before visiting Cheltenham racecourse to try and sell the meat, barbecued, to race-goers.

"In a world of mad cows, we should be opening our eyes to new types of red meat," says the host. "Horse meat is a really good source of protein and one we should take seriously."

The idea has already been rejected by some, however. Marcus Wareing, who used to work with Ramsay and is now a chef at top London eaterie Petrus, commented: "I would never eat horse and I certainly wouldn't serve it in my restaurants. It's absolutely unthinkable."

And a spokesman from the Vegetarian Society told the Daily Telegraph: "Most people will find eating horse abhorrent."
    Would you eat Janet Street-Porter? Is it no different to eating lamb or chicken, or is this just out of order?

Si.

Its no different surely? Its just that us humans don't like eating things we might be friends with.

The French have been eating horse for years. But that's no excuse for us to, they've been eating snails for years& you won't catch me eating them either!

If we ate all the horses it would eliminate those annoying moments on the road when you reach a twenty mile tailback because some git is pottering along on a horse and trap going "arn't I quaint! Didn't you know TIME ITSELF has rolled back to 1901 and we're all going to use mangels and have nits again as well."

Si.

I like horseys. When I was young my Mum used to take my Sister and I to a stables she used to work at, and we'd get to ride them for free. I even had about six lessons when I was in my early teens, and it was quite fun, though I always felt a little uncomfortable when we'd canter.

So I'd really quite like to ge through life without ever having to eat one, in the same way that people who are fond of cats and dogs probably wouldn't dine out at McCatburgers or some place like that. But then if there were no other choice in a strange futuristic world where horses were the only meat left I suppose I would. Ah, the joys of being fickle.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

horse is quite nice!

as are snails

Ant x

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

Wayne Guest

I'd eat horse if it was tenderly cooked. I bet Dogs don't make bad kebabs either.
    Anything but snails & frogs! In fact anything but horrible seafood like cockles & mussels etc... at all!

I like to gulp down a nice meaty cockle.

Si.

I like Cockles with vinegar!

Make of that what you will.

Pip Madeley Guest

I just put the words "eating" & "horse" in Google and got some truly disgusting search results.

Did you get anything on Katy Hill?

Si.

Dave Lewis Guest

Never mind Ramsay Eats Horse... what about Hunt Recommmends Helvetica

Helvetica, Like Comic sans, is a font that is easy to read and decipher becuase of its flowing, even curves and lack of serifs. They are ideal fonts for children learning to read and adults with reading/learning difficulties. Surely we should encourage and welcome the use of these fonts rather than ban them as boring and unstylish.

Simon Hunt, London
    Is this the Si Hunt, or merly a Si Hunt?

I do endorse Helvetica it's true! Though not calling myself "Simon" on-line.

Si.

He's not from London you know.

In Holland, you can buy Rottfleiss (horseflesh) just as you would Carver Ham or Topside Beef from a deli counter. I used to eat it in sandwich's almost every time I visited my grandparents in Holland, so it's something I'm used to. In Britain, the problem is that the horse is thought of more as a pet than a farm animal the way pigs, cows and sheep are.
    It also happens to be the best meat I've ever tasted, too.

Isn't he just doing it to get a bit of attention? Sorry, but he always strikes me as an obnoxious, self-satisfied prat.

Trudi G Guest

I ate horse once - in France, on a day trip when i was about 15. I didn't know it was horse until after i'd eaten it....

Captain Tancredi Guest

As other people have said, it's quite normal in certain Continental countries- which is not to say that I'll ever do it, what with the whole horses being living animals thing.

The last cavalry regiment in the US Army found itself besieged on Bataan in the Philippines in the early stages of the Second World War- and so the last horses in regular military service performed one last service for the troops.