Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Gently View Post

I really hate it when I'm asked to type in my P.I.N number! It's not a PIN number! It's a P.I.N...that's it! A Personal Identification Number! Not a Personal Identification Number Number!!!!
    Is that like a hot water heater? I mean, surely you don't heat water that is already hot? That may be a regional one though, not sure.

And you're not being very nice, Wayne...

Wayne, keep that sort of thing to private messages please.

Thanks

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Wayne Guest

Fair cop, i guess that was a bit mean.
    A "Silly Thing" that i shouldnt've gone into, really.
    Apologies all round.

Pip Madeley Guest

I hope a few of you will get this one...

You know when other TV shows (for example, Blue Peter) have the TARDIS in the studio, and have it materialising... WHY THE HELL is the effect always wrong?! Instead of it slowly fading into existence, you know, like the TARDIS does, some arse makes it appear/disappear/appear/disappear/appear/disappear before it finally lands... God, it irritates me.

People who don't highlight what they changed on the last companion thread

It's like trying to spot the difference in one of those picture puzzles...

You know when other TV shows (for example, Blue Peter) have the TARDIS in the studio, and have it materialising... WHY THE HELL is the effect always wrong?!
    Perhaps it's because it's not the real TARDIS - it's only a special effect Now when it appears in real Doctor Who, that's the real TARDIS!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    People who don't highlight what they changed on the last companion thread

It's like trying to spot the difference in one of those picture puzzles...
    That annoys me as well!

have to say one saying that dose irritate me is when people say "see you later" it's like when I hear "reverse the polarity of the neutron flow" it jusrt makes we want to scream.

Now I know what to say to Larry at the end of the next Bracknell meet up
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    Now I know what to say to Larry at the end of the next Bracknell meet up
    Aye... it takes all kinds to make a forum....

See you la....err bye for now!

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    have to say one saying that dose irritate me is when people say "see you later" it's like when I hear "reverse the polarity of the neutron flow" it jusrt makes we want to scream.
    What's so bad about 'See You Later'?
    That's possibly the strangest thing i've ever read on Planet Skaro since the days of Jeno Solar Brother.

Indeed!

I would guess Larry means people saying "See you later" when they won't actually be seeing you later at all - I can't say it irritates me, but it used to really confuse me because I always think of "later" as being "sometime later today".

Maybe.

Pip Madeley Guest

I propose when Larry leaves at the end of the next big PS London meet, everyone should shout "See you later, Larry!"

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    I would guess Larry means people saying "See you later" when they won't actually be seeing you later at all - I
    Maybe.
    that's is pretty much the reason.

Taking the last three things listed.....

1) The disapearing/reapearing TARDIS - I can't tell you how much that annoys me!!!
    It really gets to me; I remember when I was about 7 or 8 and I went to a Primary school Christmas production of something or other. They had this strange idea of showing different 'ages' in Earth's history by having these two kids, a boy and a girl, time travelling in a tree, with a flashing green light on top (I kid you not). Anyone the obligatory TARDIS sound effect's were used, but always the wrong way round - the tree was materialising but they were playing the dematerialsation sound etc. Even as a young boy that really annoyed me!!! I mean how can the TARDIS tree thing be taking off when there's that landing 'thump' sound on the end...I mean how - didn't these people know anything????????? It's like Andrew Curnow thinking all the Sid Sutton starfield titles sequences were the same apart from the Doctor's face!!!!! - Sorry Andrew, just kidding Basically these other shows need to get the TARDIS visuals and the sound effects correct - and there rests the argument for the prosecution!!!

2) Not showing what move you've just made in the last companion standing round - it used to annoy me - now I just think it means that someones trying to get rid of someone on the quiet, so as then list is now quite short I just look through them all.

3) The 'See you later' thing. I agree with Andrew Curnow in that when I'm told see you later I tend to think of later as being the same day. But I've noticed that lots of people say it on a Friday, when leaving work, knowing that they won't see me until Monday. I thinks it's silly but I don't let it annoy me.

Did I mention the TARDIS not landing properly annoyed me???

[QUOTE]It's like Andrew Curnow thinking all the Sid Sutton starfield titles sequences were the same apart from the Doctor's face!!!!!/[QUOTE]
    Will I never live that down? Oh the shame, the shame...

1) The disapearing/reapearing TARDIS - I can't tell you how much that annoys me!!!
    It really gets to me; I remember when I was about 7 or 8 and I went to a Primary school Christmas production of something or other. They had this strange idea of showing different 'ages' in Earth's history by having these two kids, a boy and a girl, time travelling in a tree, with a flashing green light on top (I kid you not). Anyone the obligatory TARDIS sound effect's were used, but always the wrong way round - the tree was materialising but they were playing the dematerialsation sound etc. Even as a young boy that really annoyed me!!! I mean how can the TARDIS tree thing be taking off when there's that landing 'thump' sound on the end...I mean how - didn't these people know anything????????? It's like Andrew Curnow thinking all the Sid Sutton starfield titles sequences were the same apart from the Doctor's face!!!!! - Sorry Andrew, just kidding Basically these other shows need to get the TARDIS visuals and the sound effects correct - and there rests the argument for the prosecution!!!
    It's such a simple thing to get right too! They even get it wrong in 60s Doctor Who! And as for the Lion... what the hell is going on with the TARDIS sound there? Hmmm?

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Hi Si,

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    It's such a simple thing to get right too! They even get it wrong in 60s Doctor Who!
    Si xx

That's when the bothered with a sound at all
    To be honest I've always assumed that they just had the one sound (the dematerialisation one) to begin with as I don't think you hear the materialisation sound in the first few stories or maybe even seasons. I could be wrong though (and probably am)

They even use the incorrect sound (in this case the dematerialisation one when the TARDIS is materialising) in the alternative 5 Doctors that I know you and Mr Hunt love so much!!!! - It's at the end when the TARDIS lands inside the Tower of Rassilon. There you go - another reason to moan about that version

Posters proclaiming that something a bit wacky is like "something or other on acid"
    No no no no. If it was like so and on on acid then they would probably be sitting there quietly ignoring everyone or screaming or crying or something not just being a bit wacky. Its just lazy. As is describing a film or play as like a cross between something and something else. The new stage version of Little Shop of Horrors proclaims on its adverising as like "Jaws meets Gardeners World." No it isn't!!!!
    If it was, you'd be watching a shark telling you the best soil conditions to grows tomatoes in. LAZY LAZY LAZY!

And people who think that Phil Daniels' character in Quadrophenia commits suicide and throws himself off the cliff at the end and THEN point out that there's a huge continuity error because you can see the crew member that pushed the scooter off on the edge of the cliff. IT'S PHIL DANIELS YOU IDIOTS! He's pushed his scooter of the edge destroying the one symbol of the movement that's let him down. Did you not pay attention at the beginning of the film. DANIELS is WALKING AWAY from the cliff!
    Grrrrrr!

Pip Madeley Guest

Posters proclaiming that something a bit wacky is like "something or other on acid"
    I still think it's funny when the Dead Ringers team described David Dickinson as "Lovejoy on acid"

Wayne Guest

I agree with Pip!

But it's lazy isn't it. If Lovejoy was on acid he'd just be sitting there in a corner looking at the ceiling or something. Not jumping around being wacky. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Monk View Post
    he'd just be sitting there in a corner looking at the ceiling or something. Not jumping around being wacky.
    You've never taken acid have you Paul?

Pip Madeley Guest

I've taken asprin. Is that similar?