Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Silly things That Irritate you for no good reason.

What are those things that really get on your nerves but there's no really good rational reason for it?
    Vent your frustrations now!

Mine today is Grown Men On BMX Bikes.

IT'S A CHILDS BIKE! You don't look cool you look like a dick! How can you look cool when your knees almost smack you in the head every time you pedal. You're 32 for Christ's sake. And those pink tyres make you look like a girl!
    Grow up and get a proper bike or even a car! How old are you?
    Last edited by Paul Monk; 9th May 2007 at 2:13 PM.

"New Driver" signs on cars.
    If you aren't comfortable with driving or are worried about the way other road users treat you then in theory you wouldn't have passed your test!!!

Also people that sit in the middle lane on motorways when there's no cars in the left lane -why????

Wayne Guest

People who don't reply to PM's & e-mails. No bloody manners, some people.

Pip Madeley Guest

People who don't reguarly clear their PMs - I get loads of annoying bouncing e-mails from certain members because of it!

You guys need to chill man

People who tell other people to chill

The other day I got really unreasonably annoyed in the supermarket because the loose broccolli was kept in a completely different part of the shop to the packaged broccolli. I mean, they're the same! Except one is in a plastic bag! Why not keep them together!

Also "Little Princess On Board" stickers in the backs of cars. OH I SEE! It's a "Little Princess"! If it was an ordinary, dispensable child I was going to ram you in the back with my Clio and kill you all!

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Lethbridge-Stewart View Post
    Also people that sit in the middle lane on motorways when there's no cars in the left lane -why????
    guilty as charged

Ant x

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

It saves us having to keep moving over every time there's a junction, and gives a more scenic view of the road generally.

Si.

Cars that don't stop at Zebra Crossings when I'm about to cross. GRRRRR!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Pip Madeley Guest

Borrowers who bring their books back to the library & just leave them on the counter & walk off...

Quote Originally Posted by Pip Madeley View Post
    Borrowers who bring their books back to the library & just leave them on the counter & walk off...
    Grrr! I hate that too!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Pip Madeley Guest

It's a pain - you don't know if they've been discharged or not, so there's a danger someone will absent mindedly just put them on the shelf, and then we get the borrower coming in to dispute fines after a few weeks... or even worse, you discharge the books and there's a massive fine but you can't say anything cause they've cleared off...

Bah, and now I've got to go get ready for work.

1, People who don't leave ebay feedback.

2, People who write lists on message boards...oh.

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post

Si xx
    Speaking of Zebra crossings, I get really irritated when I'm at a Zebra/Pelican (I can never remember which is which) crossing, and I've pressed the button... and then somebody comes up after me and presses the button again. Or if I reach a crossing, and there are a load of people waiting there... and yet nobody has pressed the button! Grrrr!

Perhaps I should just avoid pedestrian crossings...

That annoys me too Dave!

Quote Originally Posted by Pip Madeley View Post
    It's a pain - you don't know if they've been discharged or not, so there's a danger someone will absent mindedly just put them on the shelf, and then we get the borrower coming in to dispute fines after a few weeks... or even worse, you discharge the books and there's a massive fine but you can't say anything cause they've cleared off...

Bah, and now I've got to go get ready for work.
    My librarian (or should that be the ones at the local library) always give me a funny look when I purposefully wait while they check all the books in, even when I know there's no fine.

Irritant of the day - News stories made more important by the news agencies themselves. Like all the fuss over the Portugeuse police handling of the missing 3 year old. These reporters keep going on about how they're getting no information, or concerns about the handling of the case, whereas what they really mean is the police can't be arsed wasting thier time giving press conferences because they're actually trying to do their jobs.

Any story linked to tonight's episode of Panarama / Tonight with Trevor should also be banned straight away.
    Bazinga !

Pip Madeley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Masters View Post
    My librarian (or should that be the ones at the local library) always give me a funny look when I purposefully wait while they check all the books in, even when I know there's no fine.
    They're probably amazed!

People stopping in front of shop doorways to chat to a friend, completely blocking off the way into the shop in the process.

People who don't have the courtesy to say thank you after you hold the door open for them, and that is often the elderly.

Very personal, but people not closing drawers properly really irritate me. Unfortunately I live with two such sinners!!

When living with my ex-wife, I found I couldn't abide people not putting the lids back on things properly. It was around the time a ketchup bottle emptied itself over my jeans that I found I had this irrational dislike. However, when she was staying a night at her mums and put a bottle of oilatum in a bag that then proceeded to leak over everything else inside, I found it enourmously, refreshingly wonderful.

Other drivers who you don't give a friendly wave of acknowledgement when you help them out

Captain Tancredi Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post

Si xx
    Move to Amsterdam. I was absolutely stunned when I was waiting at a pedestrian crossing (without lights) and a bus driver waved me over. The second time it happened you could have knocked me over with a feather.

I think my favourite is Phantom Work Fairies- by which I mean the people who wander up to your desk when you've gone to the loo or for lunch or a drink of water and deposit a file on your desk because you happen to have spoken to somebody about it three months ago.

People who whistle! I don't mind the odd occasional bit of whistling, but I used to have a housemate at Uni who'd sit downstairs watching tv all day whilst I was trying to study upstairs, and she'd be making this godawful whistling sound far too often, and I just found it so off putting and irritating!
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Clement View Post
    People stopping in front of shop doorways to chat to a friend, completely blocking off the way into the shop in the process.

People who don't have the courtesy to say thank you after you hold the door open for them, and that is often the elderly.
    Totally with you on those, Paul. And worse are the ones who clog up the aisles the supermarket with their trolleys whilst they're stood having a chat, & don't give a shit about being in everyones way.
    I always shove into 'em on purpose, 'trying' to get by. I don't take prisoners in Tesco. I suffer from 'shopping rage' for sure!