Thread: Picture Posters

Default Picture Posters

What Doctor Who posters did you have on your wall - indeed, what do you still have on your wall? Which images from the series do you think are good enough to stick up and have staring down at you all day and night?

Did anyone put up the Sensorties poster that came free with an issue of Classic Comics?

Did you prefer the blu-tac, or did you lash out on frames?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I had those laminated posters that you sent off for & put them up with Blu-Tac.
    These days I just have that Radio Times Westminster bridge poster in a clip frame.
    I may put the recent DWM Dalek poster up in a clip frame, but I've not decided yet. Other than that I don't have anything Doctor Who related up on my walls except a Calender.

Pip Madeley Guest

I just have the official 2007 calendar up on the wall, as my bedroom isn't finished yet. I used to have a few Who posters as a teenager, and I expect when my room's sorted I'll have a couple of nicely chosen posters in frames. Always adhesive putty for me (blu-tac's a brand name ).

Always adhesive putty for me (blu-tac's a brand name ).
    I suppose you use adhesive tape too don't you?

Anyway, my bedroom Doctor Who posters began way back in 1981, when I had the poster from issue 50 of Doctor Who Monthly on my wall. It had all four Doctors in iconic poses and the names of all the stories on it. There was also the wonderful Monster Guide too, along with pinups of Romana and Leela.
    I remember having the Season 19 crew pic on my wall for ages after that was given away as a poster in issue 62 of DWM. Some of the other A3 pics went up too.
    In 84 I had the massive Skilleter Cybermen and Master posters on the wall along with the marvellous Doctor, Tegan and Turlough pic from the 20th anniversary special. That poster was on my wall for ages and ages. The Doctor Who Discovers Posters were up for a while too.

In the late 8os I had all the Doctors/ Monsters Alistair Pearson posters up, along with the great Tom and Jelly Babies poster print by Skilleter. These lasted for a long time!

At university I had one or two up- the Issue 200 poster of the 7 Doctors and the matching Monsters one was a favourite, as was The TARDIS Special cover, The Tomb Poster and the Sarah and K9 one from the Sarah Jane special.
    In our living room in the third year we had Paul McGann from the TVM special and Jon Pertwee and the Sea Devil.

These days I have my season 18 painting by my friend Richard, and my framed Achilleos prints- Web of Fear, The Three Doctors and The Daleks in the living room and The Ice Warriors and The Dalek Invasion of Earth up the stairs. There's also the lovely pop-art Dalek and Woman Screaming painting that Jody Monk did for me and the calendar too.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Pip Madeley Guest

I suppose you use adhesive tape too don't you?
    I prefer to call it transparent cellulose-based pressure-sensitive adhesive tape.

@ Si 'n' Pip!

Captain Tancredi Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    In 84 I had the massive Skilleter Cybermen and Master posters on the wall along with the marvellous Doctor, Tegan and Turlough pic from the 20th anniversary special. That poster was on my wall for ages and ages.
    Ditto- the things those three must have seen during my teenage years

At university I had a big 'Doctor Who and the Daleks' movie poster, although I don't have anything Who-related on the walls at the moment as I've gone for signed photos instead, although I suppose I could put my Stargate Anna-Louise Plowman up if necessary.

All I have these days is a Tom Baker signed Fang Rock print on my fridge!
    One Day, I shall come back, Yes, I shall come back,
    Until them, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties, Just go forward in all your beliefs,
    and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine!

The fridge is a great place for pin-ups/prints! On the door, that is, rather than inside.

I used to have the two posters from the gatefold cover DWM's, showing the 7 Doctors and 7 Enemies from around issue 200. They were one on top of the other, making a nice double display.

The other cool one was the Tomb of The Cybermen poster that appeared slightly altered as the video cover.

I also had a pin-up of the Kandyman from Happiness Patrol. That wasn't so cool, but I still think it was a nicely bizarre design He made for a colourful poster.

I'm sure I had a few more up, I just can't remember what they were! My cousin definetly had the Fourth Doctor + Sontarans and the Fifth Doctor + Silurians portraits on his wall. What were the full run of these portraits? Who did they line up with the Sixth Doctor? I'm fairly sure it was Hartnell + Cybermen and Troughton + Daleks, was that right?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

It was:

Hartnell and the Cybermen
    Troughton and the Yeti
    Pertwee and the Ice warriors
    Tom and the Sontarans
    Davison and the Sea Devils/ Silurians
    Colin and the Daleks
    McCoy and the wretched Rani.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I had the Cyberman Dalek battle poster on my wall for a few years as well as those little postcards that were given away in DWM in the early 90's. I bought some frames for those.