Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222829303132

was beginning to think it was all going to fall through but we have finally signed Scott Parker for 7m lets hope it's going to be the first of many quality signings for us this summer.

Great to see Owen scoring again - 13 to go! - and a Crouchigol too. Job's a good'un.

ever so slightly off topic but apparently Tim Lovejoy has quit Soccer A.M the programm will contine with a new co presenter along side Helen Chamberlain.

day one of the arbitration hearing and I am very worried especialy with the shock news that Liverpool are supporting Mcabe's crusade the news coming out of the hearing dose not look good for us.

a decision not still the end of the month is a f*cking joke and you can't help thinking that if the pannel agreed with the EPL's original decision they would of said so today.

How ever i'm not sure if this is good or bad news as it lkeaves us in limbo and are going to start to find it difficult to sign players.

on the plus side the longer it gose on can only benefit us miore then Sheff Utd if a new hearing is ordered it will be well in to Jully before it is heard.

Captain Tancredi Guest

Given that the bung enquiry is still going on, I would have thought that the other Premiership clubs would do well to be circumspect when calling for the maximum penalty to apply. Ultimately the right decision will be one which places the most weight on what happened on the pitch and as little as possible on what happened off it- the curse of football in the last ten years has been that too much is now decided off the field of play.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Tancredi View Post
    . Ultimately the right decision will be one which places the most weight on what happened on the pitch and as little as possible on what happened off it- .

it's just a shame that Mcabe, Whealan and Fayed could not just except the decision of the original panel Sheff Utd were at one stage 10pts ahead of us with 9 games to play. Despite the fact one of those 9 games was against Sheff Utd a game they beat us 3-0 with Tevez playing we managed to win 7 out these 9 games while Sheff Utd kept failing to get the pts they needed on the last day against a woefull Wigan.

In the last few weeks we have been called cheats and been villainised by a lynch mob media but IMO the real cheats are Sheff Utd simply because they cheated them selves.

Dave Lewis Guest

Thierry Henry's off to Barcelona...

What, the planet?!

I predict right here, right now that for the first time since 1995, Spurs will finish above Arsenal next season - you heard it here first!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonno Simmons View Post
    What, the planet?!

I predict right here, right now that for the first time since 1995, Spurs will finish above Arsenal next season - you heard it here first!
    depends who Arsenal- get in to replace him but you got to say that Arsenal if they don't start bringing in top quality players they are in real danger of being caught by other teams and struggle to hold onto that 4th spot.

at long last the arbitration verdict is in and they have upheld the original decision by the EPL, I just hope Mcabe now excepts it.

So come on Dave, Tim and Perry - what do you think of the multi-million pound signing and will he help to bring the title back after a very long absence?

But enough of Bent...

Dave Lewis Guest

Torres is a great player, but he won't win us the league on his own. We need two quality wingers, and more cover in defence.

well now the latest chapter in the Tevez saga, Sheff Utd, have had their appeal thrown out by the high court but Mcabe's solicitor says they are still going to fight on as quote" we are onlt on the first page of our options".

They are thinking about taking out a private prossecution against either the FAPL , West Ham ot both so their appeal failled the appeal aagainst the appeal failled and trying to sue West Ham will fail as it would be in breach of fifa regulations.

Captain Tancredi Guest

It looks to me as if they're reconciled to Championship football now and just want enough money in compensation to buy a squad which gets them promoted. Thing is, the longer they go on, the harder Sheff Utd make it for themselves- sometime within the next couple of years, they're probably going to have to play West Ham again, and at the moment I can't see that being anything but a bad-tempered game on and off the field.

Went to the Emirates Stadium yesterday (yes, shocking I know!) with a friend of mine and his Dad who'd got tickets for the Emirates Cup (which continues today). We got there in time to see the second half of Inter vs Valencia, which was nothing special. Valencia won 2-0 but both goals were in the first half!

The first half of Arsenal vs PSG was nothing great either, and those sneaky Gooners scored in first half stoppage time. It finished 2-1 and the second half was much better.

The stadium itself is very impressive, both inside with its curved roof and 68,000 or so capacity (there were 55,000 odd for yesterday - rather impressive!) and good atmosphere - we joined in on a few circuits of a Mexican wave which came to a sudden halt when Arsenal scored their second goal!

I still told my mate that Spurs would finish ahead of Arsenal in the league this coming season...

if your lucky enough to get to go to see them I have to say these mini tournoments are a nice way to spend the weekend 4 matches in 2 days can't be bad.

Your ticket is only valid for one day though, albeit you can see both matches that day. We were trying for the Sunday, with Arsenal v Inter being the more attractive option, but couldn't get tickets and it sold out quickly the other week.

Our tickets were 35 each (cheapest I believe were 25) so it would be quite pricey to go both days - especially as this mini-tournament was on Sky! Glad I went though, so I can say I've been there - Wembley is next on my wish-list...