Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

As an ex Hammers man, I'd think he'd jump at the chance.

As for Charlton only ever acheiving mid table mediocrity, I'd take that right now, but last season I would have dismissed it as we were pushing for a UEFA cup spot at one time.
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

It was nice of Dynamo Chelsea to reciprocate Levski Sofia's €5 ticket charge for the return leg

Dave Lewis Guest

It's good to see Robbie has still got it going on, even when it doesn't count and it means absolutely nothing.

My gang of Reds enjoyed the beer and the banter, if not the game. I wonder how soon our new owner will have Jermaine Pennant put out to graze... as a renowned owner of racehorses, I'd imagine he'd recognise a donkey when he sees one...

Pennant's not that bad. He's probably not suited to playing in the Liverpool side though as they like to play a lot of football through the middle when Gerrard and Alonso are there.

and one paper is today reporting that West Ham are apparently going to make a 6m bid for Craig Bellamy..I know it's the silly season but that is just well silly..

'Testing Livepool's resolve' that's the words used in one paper. I don't think there's going to be much resolve to test. Thay should be happy to get rid of the little ferret.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Clement View Post
    'Testing Livepool's resolve' that's the words used in one paper. I don't think there's going to be much resolve to test. Thay should be happy to get rid of the little ferret.
    well i'd not be over joyed to see him at Upton Park, but in fairness he can be no worse than the crap we all ready have at The Boleyn.

Dave Lewis Guest

How about a swap deal - Bellamy for Tevez?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    well i'd not be over joyed to see him at Upton Park, but in fairness he can be no worse than the crap we all ready have at The Boleyn.
    Marlon Harewood's not too bad. He's a powerful striker who makes it difficult for defenders, well he did last year. Tevez potentially is one of the best strikers in the Premiership, he just hasn't shown it yet.
    Last edited by Paul Clement; 7th Dec 2006 at 5:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Clement View Post
    Marlon Harewood's not too bad. He's a powerful striker who makes it difficult for defenders, well he did last year. Tevez potentially is one of the best strikers in the Premiership, he just hasn't shown it yet.
    problem with Marlon, he's a confidence player when the goals are reularly flying in he is a quallity striker but when he's going through a poor run of form he's no better than any Sunday morning player you see on Hackney Marshes..

OK, so maybe I was a bit hasty the other day in writing off our league chances re: qualifying for Europe!

We do need to improve away from home though.

Well what can you say about West Ham fans - those who travelled up to Bolton yesterday to watch that gutless spineless and passionless pile of crap were bloody fantastic each and every one of them.

The team have been embarrassingly abysmal We're 4-0 down it's pi*sing down with rain and what do they do they do a conga in the stands and sing Bubbles out loud and proud - Absolout quality..

That is what it means to be West Ham - there are very few fans of other clubs who would show the same sort of pride and passion and scence of humour if they were in the same position as us.
    Last edited by Larry; 10th Dec 2006 at 3:33 PM.

And then the board go and Sack Perdew today.
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

Quote Originally Posted by duncan View Post
    And then the board go and Sack Perdew today.

Truth is Pardew, had to go we simply could not afford another Roeder situation leaving it untill it was to late to turn things around we have lost 12 out of the last 15 games and only scoring 5 goals. This is unexceptable and from the disgracful performance against Bolton it was very evident Pardew has lost the dressing room and was never going to get us out of it,.

Curbishley is being touted as Pardew's replacement. There's also talk of West Ham trying to go for Paul Jewell. I'm not sure if either man is the write one, but it would be interesting to see what Curbs could do with some money at his disposal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonno Simmons View Post
    OK, so maybe I was a bit hasty the other day in writing off our league chances re: qualifying for Europe!

We do need to improve away from home though.
    Yes, our home form has been terrific, and we demolished Charlton. We should turn around our away form, but we need to get a good run going soon as no teams in the also ran positions are looking particularly impressive and a run of wins could easily pull us clear of most of the other teams.

Dave Lewis Guest

I imagine by the time I get home tonight, Curbs will be in at West Ham. Good job I didn't take that bet about it being Sven.

Dave Lewis Guest

Hmmm... clearly negotiations to put in place the get-out clause to take over the England job have delayed things...

He'll be in charge by the next time I post on PS.

I was listening to the radio last night on the way home from the quiz, and Steve McLaren was being interviewed about his thoughts on becoming the new West Ham manager. I found it ironic when McLaren aid that Curbs was a great manager who deserved to manage on a bigger stage. All I could think of was how true that was, and England manager should have been the job instead of the crap the FA installed.

Well i'm absoloutly delighted to see Curbishley as the new managager he did a fantastic job at Charlton on limited funds and I firmly believe that with more money to spend he can takes us to another leval that he could never of achived at Charlton.

Being a Charlton Fan myself, I am confident that Alan will save you from relegation. he may well turn the Hammers into a mid table team, but I dont think he is the person to kick on and get you challenging for europe each season. The thing that he tends to do is stick with the dead wood. He gets relectant to sell on those that dont perform and gets stuck in his ways.

Still, good luck to you. It seems that you may not be relegated with Charlton after all. With Curbishley now installed at West Ham, who else is Les Reed going to ring and ask for help?

Quote Originally Posted by duncan View Post
    Being a Charlton Fan myself, I am confident that Alan will save you from relegation. he may well turn the Hammers into a mid table team, but I dont think he is the person to kick on and get you challenging for europe each season. The thing that he tends to do is stick with the dead wood. He gets relectant to sell on those that dont perform and gets stuck in his ways.

Still, good luck to you. It seems that you may not be relegated with Charlton after all. With Curbishley now installed at West Ham, who else is Les Reed going to ring and ask for help?
    maybe so but lets be fair at Charlton in the last 3 or 4 seasons he had just become stale and was happy just to carry on keeping things the same also because of lack of money he could not really aford to sell players.

Now he has mone to spend and a ruthless chairman who expects results and progress so I think this time he won't hesitate to make changes and get rid of players who don't perform.

Alan had money to spend at Charlton (admittedly not as much as most in the premiership). He chose not to spend it! Instead he started bringing in loan players. He sold Parker to Chelsea for 10 million and by the time he left there was still some of that in the transfer kitty.

In came Dowie, spotted the dead wood and got rid of them. He let most of our strikers go though and left us depending on poor Darren Bent to bang in the goals. les Reid needs to bolster ALL areas of the field but I fear that Dowie blew the transfer fund and it will be loan players only.

We're all doomed!

We experienced something similar at Leicester with Peter Taylor.

Hopefully the Addics (or is that Wigan?) won't end up in the same boat.

Word of advice... don't go ahead with any stadium development plans just yet

Charlton are the Addicks, not sure of Wigan's nickname.

Stadium plans were going ahead, but as you say it might not be a wise move if we go down.