Default Time to turn on the heating?

Well why not? it was more popular than I anticipated on the old forum

My central heating will be on now until May I reckon

Wayne Guest

I didn't put mine on at all this weekend just gone.

Well because my dad's 86 years old we have had our heating on for a while now but it's only in the lounge and his bedroom for me it is very rare that I ever have the heat on in my bedroom.

Pip Madeley Guest

We have our central heating on "1" in the evenings. Sometimes "2" if we feel like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    I didn't put mine on at all this weekend just gone.

Ah yes the new position of my filing clerk...OK you've got the job!

Wayne Guest

Because i wasn't at home, i was in London. (DOH!@Ralph)
    Last edited by Wayne; 24th Nov 2006 at 12:36 PM.

Teresa Guest

Well... living in the wonder that is Halls of Residence...
    I don't get a choice on the matter of the heating.
    And it would appear the stick it on whenever they feel like,
    but generally not when its actually needed!!

Teresa
    xx

have to say one reason i never have the heating on in my bedroom after 6pm is because I hate going to bed in a hot room so I will if it's on all ways turn it off so the room has a good chance to get cold..

The heatings been on in my house for the last two months. It gets a bit too warm for me, but Aidan is still only little. I have to have the bedroom window open though. Like Larry, I can't sleep if it's too warm in the bedroom.

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    have to say one reason i never have the heating on in my bedroom after 6pm is because I hate going to bed in a hot room so I will if it's on all ways turn it off so the room has a good chance to get cold..
    That's the opposite to me, i put mine on half hour before i go to bed to warm the bedroom up slightly. I don't like it too hot though. Just enough to stop my nose getting cold when the rest of me is covered up.
    Last edited by Wayne; 24th Nov 2006 at 6:36 PM.

Is it really the last week of November now? I only had to have the heating on for a short time this morning to take the chill off the place, and I don't anticipate needing it on for the rest of the day. The outside temperature is more like late September/early October! It's one reason why it seems impossible that Christmas is exactly one month away!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonno Simmons View Post
    Is it really the last week of November now? I only had to have the heating on for a short time this morning to take the chill off the place, and I don't anticipate needing it on for the rest of the day. The outside temperature is more like late September/early October! It's one reason why it seems impossible that Christmas is exactly one month away!
    I know the weather for this time of year is just crazy - I was watching the Rememberance Day, service the other week and all the trees in Whitehall were still green and in full bloom with the sun shinning. I couldn't help thinking it seemed more loke a day in sumer than November. I can remember the winters back in the late 1970's when every thing at this time of year was a lot colder and darker. But now it's all so different and the weather at christmas is just so mild and so unchristmassy..

We never get Christmassy weather at Christmas! Although this morning was more like it. Storms, rain and thunder, we had to have the lights on because it was too dark outside as well! I'm quite happy with the weather at the moment. I've got a nice warm jacket.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    We never get Christmassy weather at Christmas! Although this morning was more like it. Storms, rain and thunder , we had to have the lights on because it was too dark outside as well! I'm quite happy with the weather at the moment. I've got a nice warm jacket.
    bet you were glad you did not have to catch the train today - but would it not just be nice to have a savere winter with 3 foot of snow for a change..

I've had my lovely old fashioned fire on for a while now. Gets cold mighty early down here near Cardiff Bay. Brrr...
    I am out there... somewhere.

Captain Tancredi Guest

The problem with living in an east-west valley this time of year is that it never gets properly light and in the middle of December we lose the sun at about 2.30.

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Well... living in the wonder that is Halls of Residence...
    I don't get a choice on the matter of the heating.
    And it would appear the stick it on whenever they feel like,
    but generally not when its actually needed!!
    it's reasonably similar in my halls, although they've managed to get it reasonably right!

though I still don't like the lack of control over it

Ant x

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

Quote Originally Posted by Ant Williams View Post
    it's reasonably similar in my halls, although they've managed to get it reasonably right!

though I still don't like the lack of control over it

Ant x

pretty much the same in the office where i work we have several controll dooted about the office and of course we have those pople who are continuly moaning about being cold even in summer. So these people are all ways messing about with the controlls and turning the heat up so messing it up for every body else who found the tempereture ok and now are to hot..
    Last edited by Larry; 26th Nov 2006 at 7:06 PM.

I'm probably a bit like the people in your office to my housemates

But I do get so very cold

I use my little electric heater where I can
    "All we found in his pockets were knives and lint"