View Poll Results: Are IPods for you?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • I use an Ipod all the time and love it.

4 20.00%
  • I own an Ipod but wish I didn't. I have no other mp3 player.

0 0%
  • I use another mp3 player.

10 50.00%
  • I don't have an Ipod or anything.

6 30.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Friday Poll No.9: I-Pod-Me-Do or Don't?

Do you own an I-Pod?

Are they the greatest invention since the portable television?

Or would you prefer another brand of mp3 player? A Creative Labs jobbie, or something from Sony?

Where do you use your I-Pod? In the gym, while swimming, or simply sitting on a sofa?

Do other people's I-Pods get on your nerves?

I-Pods.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I have an MP3 player, not an iPod. I honestly can't see the point in them - the only difference seems to be that you can only buy from iTunes, a wretched program that freezes up the computer every time we install it and insists on keeping a copy of all the songs on the hard disc (or something).

I use my MP3 player to listen to music while I'm on the move, and also to store backups of sound files like the working files for any Doctor Who audio I'm working on.

Si.

I use a Zen Creative Micro - best invention since the personal stereo but about 1000 times better

Pip Madeley Guest

I use my phone - I've got a 2GB memory stick for it, and I can either listen to MP3s or watch videos.

used my phone be for gon the nano now still got to make all my cd to mp3 like to get my old LPs as well but only done two so far not the best sound from them yet

I don't have an I-Pod or any MP3 Player. I have a CD walkman & that does me fine.

I've just had a Sony MP3 player as an early birthday present, and it's fab! It the size of a lighter and holds loads of songs and everything!

I have an Akura mp3 player that I purchased from Sainsbury's for 20 smackers.

I use it in the car or when I'm working in the garden, and it's mainly full of Sherlock Holmes radio plays (though until recently it had the whole of Neverland and Zagreus on perpetual loop )
    Bazinga !

I don't have an I-Pod, an MP3 player, a CD walkman, or anything like that.

But before anybody asks, I don't have a gramophone. It was too much hassle trying to get the dog to sit in front of it.

Trudi G Guest

I have a cheap and cheerful ALBA MP3 player - it works fine, and holds enough songs for when i want to sit in the park, watching Christian and his friends play - but not want to hear them!

I don't have an MP3 player of any kind, but I would like one- a Zen Creative looks good to me. I would have to set it up to say "confirmed" a lot though.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    I don't have an MP3 player of any kind, but I would like one- a Zen Creative looks good to me. I would have to set it up to say "confirmed" a lot though.

Si xx
    And "IN-FOR-MA-TION!"

I had an iPod, and it worked fine for 2 years, and then it died!

when I've got some money, I'll be getting myself a new one

Ant x

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Gently View Post
    I don't have an I-Pod or any MP3 Player. I have a CD walkman & that does me fine.
    Same here, but mine also plays MP3 CD's, which does me fine!

I'm not one of these folk that has to have all the up to date gadgets & guff.

I have a CD walkman that is MP3 compatable, but I like listening to actual albums. Not fancy pants random tracks of whatever.

Dammit if there was a vinyl walkman I'd use that. Or a wax cylinder thing.

I'm old and proud.

Quote Originally Posted by P-Bal View Post
    I'm old and proud.
    One of those is true!

I love my iPod. I had a Creative player back in the days when 6gb came in a thing the size of a CD walkman but it blew up after nine months. My first iPod lasted me several years and now I have an 80gb 5th generation one and it is ace. I have portable speakers so I can use it in the bath, it connects up to my stereo and the deal breaker with my new car was an iPod connector.

I also love iTunes - I've only used the store a couple of times (though I use their partner store Audible a fair bit) but the player is fantastic. I especially like the audiobook support (being able to remember where you were up to on each track, joining tracks when you rip CDs etc).

Though I'm afraid I reached the "full" mark on my iPod yesterday. They said it couldn't be done but I've managed it inside eight months.

I have too much stuff.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

Si, I can recommend Creative, we both have one and don't seem to have any problems with them!

Si.

I can recommend Melanie C's This Time album. I don't have too many problems with it.

I sense more people may own a Creative than have purchased Melanie Jayne's wares. That number being more than seven.

Si.

I fear the case might not be so in Portugal.

I love my iPod but I love iTunes even more. It's revolutioned the Tate household.

I've got a Creative Zen
    http://www.play.com/Electronics/Elec...r/Product.html

It does the job quite nicely although I never use the photo or video functions and i can't get it to display album artwork like it's meant too. Another annoying thing is it doesn't play tracks in order for example if you wanted to listen to an album on their it plays the tracks out of the order they appear on the CD. I'm sure it could if i tinkered but I never get time for such things.

I liked the look of the Sony ones but I read some reviews that said the software was really poor and seeing as Si had an older Creative I thought I'd go with something I had some (brief) knowledge of.

I found the touch pad took some getting used to and it can be a hassle uploading things sometimes and they inevitably come out with the wrong names but it's great to be able to have so many songs on you! I can't wait to take it on holiday.

Creative Zen Touch for me - t'was a lifesaver when I was working nightshifts, as the 24hr battery meant it'd last me a good 2-3 nights (whereas the iPod's 8hr battery would barely have lasted me a night, and have meant constant recharges). However, over time its life is now probably around 15-20hrs.

It's a 20GB model, so holds plenty of stuff and despite owning it for a good couple of years still has a gig or two free (although I've barely been adding much to it lately, as I tend to use it less and iTunes at work far more). It also comes in handy as a portable hard disk, although I've got to make sure the computers I connect it to have the proper software installed if I want to transfer stuff to/from it. Only real downsides are that and the slightly bulky size compared with the iPod.

I'm sure Si's heard it from me before, but I certainly recommend it. Not sure how much it costs now, but it was ~150 when I bought it online.
    We ride tornadoes. We eat tomatoes.

Is Steve on strike?