View Poll Results: A crap adaptation or the best New Series episode yet? You decide.

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10/10 - Never seen owt like it, amazing! A+

17 38.64%
  • 9/10 - Destined for greatness. A-

17 38.64%
  • 8/10 - A solid effort, well done. B+

8 18.18%
  • 7/10 - Room for improvement, but promising. B-

0 0%
  • 6/10 - A good try, but lacking something. C+

0 0%
  • 5/10 - Decidedly average, disappointing. C-

2 4.55%
  • 4/10 - Must try harder! D

0 0%
  • 3/10 - Must try much harder! E

0 0%
  • 2/10 - Underdeveloped, poorly written. F

0 0%
  • 1/10 - Go to the back of the class. ZZZZZZZ.

0 0%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Pip Madeley Guest

Default Rate and Discuss 3.8: Human Nature

Express yourself, dont repress yourself...

The Doctor - or is it?

As usual, please don't touch the poll, or post anything remotely spoilerific on this thread, until the episode has fully transmitted.

"I would like a hat like that..."

That doesn't half look like the expression on McCoy's face on the book cover...

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Maybe that's what Tennant was told to do - "yeah, we think you're doing a good job, David, but could you try and be a bit more like Sylvester McCoy..."

The Sun have raped this story and the rest of the series for me. I'm off to cry in my bedroom until Christmas morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    Maybe that's what Tennant was told to do - "yeah, we think you're doing a good job, David, but could you try and be a bit more like Sylvester McCoy..."
    In other words, incomprehensible and unbelievable? At least it explains the crap shoutiness from last year... Without acting like Sylv, I'm afraid DT's performance is much too wide...

WhiteCrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Milky Tears View Post
    The Sun have raped this story and the rest of the series for me. I'm off to cry in my bedroom until Christmas morning.
    And the answer to that is don't read the SUN!!!!!!!

I never get past page 3 anyway ...

The story was on Page 3.

WhiteCrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Milky Tears View Post
    The story was on Page 3.
    I wouldn't have noticed. I'm usually too busy reading the right wing politics they're trying to seduce their readers with on Page 3. They recently decided to make their Page 3 models look like more than eye candy by having some kind of comment from them, "Cindi, 17, who has a natural DD breast is concerned about global warming, but hopes that Tony Blair will not blindly tie Britain into Kyoto without taking into account the countries need for ecconomic growth first ..."

Pip Madeley Guest

*cough* Aaaaaaaaaaaaanway...

I'm not gonna see Human Nature till the Beeb3 repeat (cause I'm out this evening seeing John Shuttleworth), so I won't be coming anywhere near this thread till tomorrow night, but I hope it'll be a 9/10

Now THAT was a great Doctor Who story!!

Si.

Wow!!! I loved that, it's easily my favourite story of this third series!

It was beautifully filmed, perfectly paced, and revolved around a mystery which I found fascinating - I loved the way we entered the story half way through and how events unfolded! I've never read the novel it was based on so have no idea how it ends, but I'm absolutely loving it so far, if the second part is as good as the first was, then this could turn out to be my favourite story out of the whole of the new series full stop!

The supporting characters were really well done and fleshed out, Jessica Stevenson's Matron was especially cool, and the guy who played Baines was brilliant as well - it's rare for a young actor to really catch my eye but I thought he was excellent, and so menacing!

I'm just so relieved too, after what has been a bit of a patchy season for me, it's fantastic to see it really back on form - it gets a 9/10 from me!
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Trudi G Guest

Gotta say - 9/10 from me, and i can't wait to see what happens next week!
    I even got a text from my mum to say the same thing!

8/10 excelent stuff - did any one else notice he The Doctor, said his parents were called Sydney & Verety lnow I wonder who they could be,

It was everything you wanted - sinister, scary monsters in a creepy, historical setting, a powerful alien force, the eccentricity of a public school, some brilliant supporting cast. Baines as the alien was the most scary thing since the series came back. I shuddered every time he twisted his head and stared at that boy!

SO much more intelligent, entertaining and gorgeous than that space ship fluff last week!

Si.

Nice, McCoy & McGann sketches in the book.
    This episode for me was like a sci fi period drama, Brideshead Revisited meets the Body Snatchers.

And I loved every second of it! Excellent.

I'll have to re-read the novel now.

OG seems to have melted, so you get the dubious benefit of my gloriously over-the-top overreaction.

You see television, right? You see everything else that's been on television this week? Well, that just broke in through the door and smashed its head in with a f**king hammer.

Brilliant, wonderful stuff. Took the best bits of the book and married them with the best of television Doctor Who. The countryside setting was unusual for the new series, and the episode was all the better for it. Nods to all sorts, The Singing Detective with the scarecrow's first appearance, of course, and the moment he said his father's name we *all* knew what his mother's name was going to be.

Just amazing. I once bought that Paul Cornell a cup of tea, ya know...

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Gently View Post
    Nice, McCoy & McGann sketches in the book.
    so I wasn't imagining things when I saw that..

It's the first 10/10 for a series 3 story from me. That was absolutely amazing and ranks alongside Empty Child, Fathers Day and Girl in the Fireplace as the best Doctor Who the new series has produced.
    The scarecrows were brilliant, Tennant was brilliant, and even Freema was good in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Hayes View Post
    OG seems to have melted, so you get the dubious benefit of my gloriously over-the-top overreaction.

Yep the OG seems to of crashed I just bet that kiss has every body going ballistic,

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Clement View Post
    It's the first 10/10 for a series 3 story from me...
    Oh I quite agree & forgot to say that I also gave it 10/10 (which is a first for me).

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteCrowUK View Post
    And the answer to that is don't read the SUN!!!!!!!

I never get past page 3 anyway ...
    Why am I not surprised by that at all
    Wow, that ep was fantabulous!! I just think I'm gonna cry next week after seeing the trailer!
    Last edited by Allllie; 26th May 2007 at 8:17 PM. Reason: duuuuuuurrrrrr

Just found this on another site, which was stolen from OG in the first place!

"RIP Henchman No.24."

Hurrah for a creepy village at night.

And popcorn.

So So Good. I shall mark this properly at the completion as clearly this story cannot be ranked by this 1/2 only. Nicely paced intriguing, well acted nods to the past, nods to the viewer ( We all knew he could dance didn't we ) This is how New Who should be.

Makes trhe RTD stories seem like trite in comparison.

Are we on our way to the first TRUE Classic of new series Who. May be.

I have a few niggles but so few that it's not worth identifying.

And !AND! AND! NO over the top special effects..... Just solid story.

an 8/10 from me but higher if if It carries on in this fashion. May be a 9 and that from me is an extremly high mark.