Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast
    Wayne Guest

Default The eBay Thread.

Celebrate your wins! Plug your Items for Sale! Moan about eBayers!

Today i received a book on 'Rising Damp' that i won for 2.75. Still my fave classic comedy series.

Pip Madeley Guest

I'm still waiting for feedback from two eBayers after three weeks. Annoying.

Wayne Guest

You get used to that. Lots of the ignorant sods don't bother. I always leave FB, myself.

I haven't bought anything of ebay for a few months now, but I think I'll try and get a book called 'From Fringe to Flying Circus' from there in the near future.

Default Ebay

I'm in the process of trying to buy a Universal Remote Control, which should operate all of my entertainment equipment, and replace the six remotes I already have!
    One Day, I shall come back, Yes, I shall come back,
    Until them, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties, Just go forward in all your beliefs,
    and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord President View Post
    I'm in the process of trying to buy a Universal Remote Control, which should operate all of my entertainment equipment, and replace the six remotes I already have!
    Good luck with that - Krystal's mum got one to replace her old one, and although it works for the TV and VCR, it's useless with the DVD player....
    Your people? Your people??? They are MY people now!

Default Eeebaygum!

My brother has one exactly like the one I'm bidding on, and he has no probs with it. It can learn virtually all the commands from your existing remotes, so I think I should be OK. Thanks for your concern though!
    Last edited by Lord President; 25th Nov 2006 at 1:38 AM.
    Until them, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties, Just go forward in all your beliefs,

Quote Originally Posted by Lord President View Post
    My brother has one exactly like the one I'm bidding on, and he has no probs with it. It can learn virtually all the commands from your existing remotes, so I think I should be OK. Thanks for your concern though!
    Ah excellent I wouldn't like to see someone go for something only to disappointed, as you know sods law says if there's one TV it won't work on, it'll be yours!
    Your people? Your people??? They are MY people now!

I've just put a bid on a brand new pair of football boots for Kieran. He's outgrowing the ones he's got, and he plays in goal for an under nine's side now.

I'm still waiting for my Slitheen/Eccleston walkie-talkies! I really should do something about that, but I've already sent a few messages.

We may have another Bond DVD turning up soon. Only one left after that!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Oh, I just bought half a dozen 80s fanzines for a silly amount of money, when I only wanted one of the six, and I had acquired scans of same fanzine only a few weeks ago...

The things a sad completist will do...

Check out the Buy-It-Now price for these 2 VHS videos of ...The Flash

Extortionate, especially considering that you can get the entire series on dvd for half the price, less if you're prepared to accept copies...

Good grief!
    I didn't know The Flash was out on dvd. I actually quite enjoyed it. Wasn't a bad adaptation at all.

It's available on regions 1 & 4 only so far, it was released about a year ago. It's been on my wish list of dvd releases for years, and I'm surprised that I haven't got myself a copy before now, so I'll probably get it pretty soon.

I've got those two videos as well, though...if I'd have put them on e-bay, I'd only have been looking for a few pounds for them. It'll be interesting to see if that guy manages to sell them!

I won the football boots. I got them for 5.50 plus 2.50 p&p

For anybody interested in seeing sweaty, semi-naked men grappling with each other, click here

That's shocking!

Or, at least, I imagine it is... I never actually looked at the link... er...

I've just made a nice litle sum in time for Xmas - I've (admittedly regrettably) sold the entire series of both Buffy and Angel for just over 200!

I didn't really want to part with them, but I've almost reached the end of watching both series, and I'd heard they did quite well on eBay, which is obviously true! I can always replace them with the cheaper amaray-box releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Tudor View Post
    That's shocking!

Or, at least, I imagine it is... I never actually looked at the link... er...

I've just made a nice litle sum in time for Xmas - I've (admittedly regrettably) sold the entire series of both Buffy and Angel for just over 200!

I didn't really want to part with them, but I've almost reached the end of watching both series, and I'd heard they did quite well on eBay, which is obviously true! I can always replace them with the cheaper amaray-box releases.
    I did the same with my 7-seasons of Buffy, they went for 175. I was well chuffed!

I was outbid for 2 Chip and Cassandras over the weekend. You cant find them in the shops as it was a rare item for some reason. 6.99 in the shops if you're THAT lucky to find one suddenly rises to almost 30 on E-bay and I dropped out at the 20 mark as I was not willing to go any higher.
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

I downloaded the E-bay 'Turbo Lister' finally, after recommendation from Si Hunt on the old PS, and it's great but I'm still having a few teething problems. I seem to have downloaded it with the US e-bay as default, so I updated & changed my default site to UK. Then when I uploaded some items last night, the link to check on them took me to the US site. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Will they appear on both sites? Will I be charged twice? Any help would be appreciated!
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

I've no idea, it works okay on mine!

Si.

Post deleted by Pip (check your PM please Betty).
    I came, I saw, I posted.

Rarrrggggh! Ebay users are so (self-censored swearing bit here) and one day I will track down all those who annoy me and (self-censored violent bit) and then post that to their mothers!!!

Ahem.

Calm now...well...calmer...
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Bizarre. Some of you might remember we sold a Dapol Sylvester McCoy to a buyer a few months ago. He responded angrily, saying it had been badly packaged and damaged and demanding a proportion of the money back. I offered a full refund, but he said he wasn't prepared to send it back and wanted only some money back. I offered him 1/3 back as goodwill, but he never replied. Now he's suddenly left good feedback. Odd!

Si.

Thats happened to us a couple of times. I think people just try it on.

What's Alex so angry about though I wonder?