Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Do we think Martha might be appearing in The Sarah Jane Adventures or will she be getting her tats out in Torchwood?

Great post to head a new page.

Pip Madeley Guest

On Oh Gee, maybe.

Torchwood is more likely, given that she knows Captain Jack already. Plus didn't Freema originally audition for TW?

According to BBC Three news show 60 Seconds, Freema is going to miss a few episodes while a second companion is introduced, then they'll have 2 companions next year!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Pip Madeley Guest

Give it two years and it'll be like season 19 all over again.

McCow has caught my filthy spoilertagitis!

So we're going to have Martha and Sally next series...?

Works for me!

Stop saying that Dave, it gets my hopes even though I know it's unlikely to happen!

Still, at least every night I can dream that she's the companion...and that I'm the Doctor...and my sonic screwdriver is...erm...ah, I reckon I shouldn't end that sentence actually, just so that the thread doesn't have to be moved to the temple.

BBC press release (as mentioned by 60 Seconds) is now up on the BBC site:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/news/...02/46692.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by BBC
    More Martha!

Relax - she's coming back, and branching out too...

While the final episode of Series Three, screened last Saturday , saw The Doctor's companion Martha leave to care for her devastated family, and to break the cycle of unrequited love she feels for The Doctor, the production team has now confirmed that the character is set to make a triumphant return in the fourth series.

Freema Agyeman is also set to join the cast of Torchwood, where she will continue to play the character in three new episodes before returning to Doctor Who in the middle of the fourth series.

As Doctor Who's Executive Producer and head writer, Russell T Davies notes: "Series three has gained outstanding reviews and Freema has been a huge part of that success, gaining rave notices for her portrayal of Martha. Now we are taking the character of Martha into brand new territory with a starring role in Torchwood".

"I can't wait to start filming on Torchwood and the new series of Doctor Who," said Freema. "It's a huge new challenge for me and I'm delighted Russell has decided to expand the character of Martha Jones.'"

The new announcement leaves a vacant space in the TARDIS. A new companion for The Doctor, who will join the new series for the entire 13 week run, will be announced shortly.
    "outstanding reviews"... apart from crazy foo fans on Doctor Who forums.

ETA: I think Freema Agyeman.com are getting a bit carried away with their "Martha Jones Monday" and "millions of fans".

http://freemaagyeman.com/news/2007/0...d-s3/#more-418
    Last edited by Milky Tears; 2nd Jul 2007 at 1:51 AM.

Captain Tancredi Guest

There could be a couple of good episodes for Torchwood in exploring the consequences of the last couple of episodes- after all, the population at large are still going to remember the President being killed on live TV, and wonder where Saxon disappeared to all of a sudden. And it's also probably the best place to explore the psychological impact on the Jones family in particular.

for Freema. And indeed Martha.

Not so keen on yet more Who/Torchwood crossovers, but never mind. Let's hope they give her something different to that red leather jacket to wear, it must be very grubby by now!

Hooray! I'm glad she's not gone for good

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

You've gotta love The Super Soaraway Sun:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2...300328,00.html

Quote Originally Posted by The Sun
    So Who's next for the Doctor?
    July 02, 2007

THE BBC has confirmed Doctor Who star Freema Agyeman has been axed as the Timelords sidekick Martha Jones as we predicted.

The Sun revealed bosses planned to drop her when the fourth series starts filming this month.

Now producers have confirmed the Doctor, played by David Tennant, will get a new sidekick. They said: The announcement leaves a vacant space in the Tardis and a new companion for the Doctor in the new series.

Freema, 27, will take Martha to BBC3 spin-off Torchwood and guest star in the new Doctor Who.

Internet rumours suggest Tom Ellis Tom Milligan in Saturdays finale could be in the frame to be the new sidekick. Some 8.2million fans watched the episode.

Pip Madeley Guest

THE BBC has confirmed Doctor Who star Freema Agyeman has been axed as the Timelord’s sidekick Martha Jones — as we predicted.
    Prats.

Captain Tancredi Guest

It's only so they can run a "Martha Saved by the Sun" story tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Pip Madeley View Post
    Prats.
    She's was sacked and then offered two jobs by the same employer.

Freema, 27, will take Martha to BBC3 spin-off Torchwood
    Notice the clever implication that she has been dumped into a BBC3 show instead - despite the fact Freema will actually be joining BBC2 (or is it BBC1 now?) spin-off "Torchwood".

Incidentally, I'm not sure I like the idea. It's okay for it to work the other way round - because Jack can simply keep his dong in his pants during his adventures in the TARDIS. But now we've got to know Martha as a good, clean Who girl, I'm not sure I like the idea of suddenly seeing her going down on Owen.

Si.

or Gwen!

Plus won't it lead to the kiddoes wanting to watch Torchwood which is not exactly suitable viewing for them? Wasn't this reason why they didn't put the Daleks in Torchwood?

I wanna see Martha's muffin.

Perhaps she'll be playing Martha's cybertised cousin. With metal bra and stilletoes.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

It could be a great gag that there are loads of cousins, all identical. Four of them could pop up in "Sarah Jane Adventures".

Si.

have to say until it appears in the holy grail that is DWM, I don't believe any news paper gossip.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    It could be a great gag that there are loads of cousins, all identical. Four of them could pop up in "Sarah Jane Adventures".

Si.
    *Guffaw*

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    have to say until it appears in the holy grail that is DWM, I don't believe any news paper gossip.
    But the original story is from a BBC press release on the official site.

Dave Lewis Guest

I don't believe anything, even when it happens.