Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Freema News (potential spoilers)

According to - ahem - The Sun, she won't be returning for Series 4.

The horrendous hyperbole of Fleet Street!

I have read elsewhere that the Beeb have categorically denied this - and rightly so, as she's superb!

The BBC, via Freema's website, say it isn't true.

I hope they're right as she's not only the best looking companion the show has ever had but she's a damn site more convincing and a damn site less annoying than Rose was.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

The rumour is that she will be 'lost' & Teninch will spend part of series 4 looking for her.

Phew!!

Reply A: I go out for the day and miss an official BBC Press Release? The Sun are probably just trying to force the BBC to release some Spoilers for the series finale.

Reply B: Freema Agitate's whiny voice has raped my Billie's Saggy Hangers Lovin' Second Childhood! Get rid! I wub Bwilllie! SQUEE!! Enough already! End of! Blah, blah, spurt, blah, spurt, etc, etc...

well I suppose the tabloid press have got bord trying to find out if Tennent will be in series 4 so they have changed theor attention onto Freema.

Captain Tancredi Guest

Well, from a BBC point of view if she's filmed her contracted 13 episodes then she hasn't been sacked or axed- she's fulfilled her contractual obligation and that's that. Whether she's offered another one is entirely a different matter- think Colin Baker...

If she isn't going to be offered another season (or part of a season) it's a particularly nasty way to leak it, though- it casts doubt on her acting ability and whether she's up to playing a regular role in an ongoing series and could affect her ability to get work in future.

When Jonathan Ross asked when the new series started filming she answered with "it starts in July and runs for 9 months" rather than "we start in July..."

Ooooooh conspiracy.

If she leaves then I bet she was told from day one that it was only a one series part and it's got nothing at all to do with her acting talents.

True, she did seem a little reticent when Wossy asked her about the next series, but let's hope we're reading too much into it - Freema's great, and a fine asset (fnar, fnar) to the show. The idea that those in charge don't think she's any good is b*llocks, frankly. I hope she's around for a long time yet.

I trust the team - if she's leaving, then they've plotted this for ages and she will be killed off at the end of the season - they probably had the tremendous reaction the death of Adric got back in the early eighties in mind. It will make a fabulous, heartbreaking seasons end and Doctor Who will win again!

Or else it's all lies and there is some very tenuous linking "Lost Freema" plot arc next year.

Si.

I hope Jackie Lane is returning as an older, wiser, Dodo. In that red and black dress.

Quote Originally Posted by P-Bal View Post
    I hope Jackie Lane is returning as an older, wiser, Dodo. In that red and black dress.
    NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in case you missed that.....

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bless them, I admire FreemaAgymon.com for standing up for her, but their reasons why this is hopelessly untrue don't bear much scrutiny:

Rest assured, there is an ever growing list of logical reasons why what they say is hopelessly incorrect and full of falsehoods, including a recent statement* by Russell T. Davies that he hasn’t even written the Christmas Special yet, let alone any of series four.
    For one thing, they wouldn't need to have actually written scripts to have decided on a major cast change, and for another they obviously HAVE written some of Series 4 - they start shooting in about 6 weeks don't they?

But The Sun made one glaring mistake in their attempt to trash Freema: there is no-one in the BBC that high in authority who would ever talk to them on that kind of topic. It just wouldn’t happen. Such a person would lose their lucrative job in a heartbeat, it wouldn’t be worth risking discovery.
    It's a lovely idea, but it unfortunately doesn't explain how they knew about last seasons Daleks vs Cybermen team-up months in advance if such leaks were so impossible.

Si.

Dave Lewis Guest

I think she'll make one appearance next series, round about episode six or seven.

I wonder if this means that after searching for her, the Doctor finds her, only for her to be killed off by some arch fiend? Or that he returns her to Earth and her family, only to fight another massive battle on Earth against said arch fiend, which he wins but only just, forcing him to regenerate once again. So Freema, David Tennant, RTD, and Jules all leave at the same time.

Possibly.

Today's Daily Star claims Freema is in Series Four.

Quote Originally Posted by Daily Star
    Freema, pictured right, is eager to scotch rumours that she is being axed from Doctor Who. Her agent claims that she will be appearing in series four of the sci-fi smash next year.
    The rest of the spoilery article can be seen HERE

She could be in one scene and "appear" in Series 4. For some reason the more she doesn't say "It's rubbish, I'm doing the whole season", the more worried I get!

Si.

We'll always have the 12" Martha doll.

transvamp Guest

Freema who?

Freema who?
    Funny - people were saying 'Rose Who' after the first episodes concentrated on her too much.

Freema will be sacked at the end of the year. Next year, there will be another new companion that everyone will hate, then it will be cancelled 6 episodes into it's run.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

transvamp who?

winky woo!

Discuss in less than 5000 words...

Pip Madeley Guest

Now now, play nice.

Freema puts the record straight...

possibly!?

"up until series four" could mean the end of Series Three/Christmas Special, couldn't it? We're doomed for eternity!

And she STILL hasn't denied she's leaving...

Si.

"I'm not axed. I haven't been sacked."

That's a fairly conclusive statement, surely?!