WhiteCrow Guest

Default It's official - Brummie girls are mingers ...

Well reading between the lines ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/w...ds/6700777.stm

Girl today - not from Birmingham

Brummie girls 'not pretty enough'

Beauty contest officials chose a model from Stoke-on-Trent to represent Birmingham because they could not find anyone pretty enough from the city.
    Miss Great Britain organisers picked Sophie Wilson to represent the city in a heat despite her only connection being an ex-boyfriend who lived there.

The 18-year-old IT student said she thought it was unfair on Birmingham's beauties.

The competition was later won by Rachael Tennant, from Aberdeen.

Miss Wilson said: "When they said there wasn't that many pretty girls in Birmingham I didn't actually believe in that.

'No-one suitable'

"There are obviously going to be absolutely gorgeous girls about but I just think they weren't auditioned."

Tracie Bedwood, of Birmingham model agency Adage Models, said she could not believe the decision.

She said: "If it's someone representing Birmingham then they should be from Birmingham.

"There are lots of beautiful girls in the city and I know because we've got lots of them on our books."

A spokesman for Miss Great Britain said: "We were desperately looking for a Miss GB entrant from Birmingham but in truth, there was no-one suitable who entered.

"We look forward to more entering next year."
    Having come from this area I can confirm ... it's true! I had to look out to Liverpool to find anyone who'd marry me!

Captain Tancredi Guest

Oh, I don't know- I used to know a fairly cute girl from Kings Heath and was on a train last year with a rather nice-looking specimen from Sutton Coldfield (although Sutton Coldfield would probably deny being Birmingham).

It's probably more to do with the general prejudice against the Birmingham accent and the way it tends to detract from somebody with average looks.

Wolverhampton is the place to go to see nice looking girls!

Pip Madeley Guest

Kaybee will love you for that, Tim!

I can honestly say I've never fancied a Brummie girl.

So there you go, bo-boom!

Si.

I've met quite a few cute Brummie lasses in my time, and a few who were not-so-cute. Just like any other place, really.

A cute Brummie lass. In London, probably.

Captain Tancredi Guest

Special mention must go to the Birmingham ticket inspector on the first leg of my journey down to see Andrew and Zel last year- a lady of a certain age, she nevertheless took it upon herself to flirt with every man under forty on the train.

Would it be very ungallant of me to say that the girl they have chosen (in the pic at the top of the page) is nothing very special herself? Which kind of defeats the object I'd've thought.

Captain Tancredi Guest

Well, yes, but then again she's from Stoke...all that china clay in the water, you see. All very good for making lavatory bowls, but when it comes to the female of the species...

I dunno, I've known one or two nice Staffordshire gals, too....