Default You have an ignore thread?

I'm heartbroken! I know we can't all get on at the same time, but the thought of having an option to ignore members seems appaling.
    Am I on anybody's ignore list? (Can you read this post if I am?)
    I may disagree with you,one of these days, but believe you have a right to express yourself.
    How could you?
    Suddenly, the forum takes a darker turn.........

It's less to do with self-expression than simply an option that's been there by default since the forum got set up, and one which is on lots of other forums too. I very much doubt it's used very much here, as everyone seems to get on in this forum - in fact as a Mod, I can't recall a single spat or serious disagreement in the last six months.

So no "darker turn" at all then!

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

I'd like to reiterate that it is the choice of the user to ignore other members if they want to, so our staff shouldn't be held to task for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    It's less to do with self-expression than simply an option that's been there by default since the forum got set up, and one which is on lots of other forums too. I very much doubt it's used very much here, as everyone seems to get on in this forum - in fact as a Mod, I can't recall a single spat or serious disagreement in the last six months.

So no "darker turn" at all then!

Si.
    Word of warning: I do have drama Queen tendencies!

Wayne Guest

I for one had no idea that this function existed, so i'm definitely not ignoring anyone. Yet.

Who said that?
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

WhiteCrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    It's less to do with self-expression than simply an option that's been there by default since the forum got set up, and one which is on lots of other forums too.
    The only person who really annoyed me so much I wanted to ignore them was on another site, and they were a mod, so I wasnt allowed to ignore them!

I'm sure I would have used an ignore option on Logopolis Metropolis or OG back in the day!
    One Day, I shall come back, Yes, I shall come back,
    Until them, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties, Just go forward in all your beliefs,
    and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine!

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lord President View Post
    I'm sure I would have used an ignore option on Logopolis Metropolis or OG back in the day!
    I generally ignore both of those in their entirety.

It's a bizarre option really. If there's a troublemaker on the forum, I'd want to know what he was saying in case he was talking about me!!

Si.

I imagine you folks on PS Staff don't use it even when you want to, so you can keep eye on everyone. That's my personal policy over at OG. Of course, I'm perfectly capable of using the 'Ignore button' inside my head whenever I want.
    Arisia Corporate President
    Assistant DivHead - Events, Arisia 2011

I've seen another forum where a few members actually have a screen shot of their ignore list as their signature. Just so everyone knows. That way they win.

Or something.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

I'm another one who doesn't use it, even on OG or Digital Spy, which are full of nutjobs. It's all part of the fun seeing ranting posts!

I'd admit I didn't even know it was there, if that didn't make me look like a cretin.

Si.

Wayne Guest

I remember seeing something it when sending PM's, but i just assumed it was for blocking people from sending you PM's, like i had to do on the old forum with Jeno Solar Brother. I didn't realize there was such a thing as being able to ignore people on the actual forum itself!

I get the feeling people ignore me sometimes but I never ignore peoples posts.
    I read everything...well nearly everything.

Pip Madeley Guest

Sorry Tim, what were you saying?

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Gently View Post
    I read everything...well nearly everything.
    I used to do at one time, but there's quite a lot of threads i don't bother with these days.......