Hey Kenny,

Did you ever see Genesis before, Pip? Or was this your first time?
Yep I've seen Genesis once before, back in March 1998 when they played what was then known as the NYNEX Arena here in Manchester, with Phil Collins' short-lived replacement Ray Wilson on vocals. I went with my dad & some of his friends, but I was only 12 at the time though & wasn't particularly interested, so I didn't really appreciate it.

Now, I'm 21 (note that down ) and have since become a big Genesis fan - I've exhausted the CDs and live bootlegs/videos/DVDs over the last few years, so as you can imagine, the chance to finally see Banks/Collins/Rutherford do their thing on stage is terribly exciting! And having seen the live broadcast from Dusseldorf at the cinema on Wednesday night, the excitement's gone up a notch

This tour could well be the only time they ever do this again (I never thought it was going to happen), so my dad & I will be going to both Old Trafford and Twickenham next weekend. It's a nice father/son bonding thing too, as he passed Genesis down to me. But for Old Trafford, we'll be joined by three of my mates and my dad's best mate, and for Twickenham I hope to say a hello to Ant & Teresa, and possibly Si Hart & Mr McCow who are attending too!

(just pray for good weather for me!)