WhiteCrow Guest

Default Great Fashion Disasters ...

Why don't we have a thread to bitch about peoples dress sense? Oh we do now ...

Sometimes you go around town, and you are gobsmacked by some of the fashion clunkers you see around town. A revelationary moment of "oh my God what WERE you thinking".

This weekend was such a weekend, and I wasn't even in Bracknell.

I'll open preceedings with ...

Exhibit A: The Backless Dress

This is one of those numbers which many women can look really very good in. It's not quite an ultra elite club as some fashions that you have to be of a certain figure to wear one.

I find them very sexy,

Until that is, you see someone around Farnborough wearing one. Because of course they'll always be wearing a normal bra with it, and frankly it looks a bit ridiculous ...

Trudi G Guest

There's a girl i see around my way, she's on the plump side and her favourite outfit is a too tight pair of white very low rise trousers, so that all the flesh is hanging out over the top, and you can see her g-string. She pairs it up with a top that barely covers her boobs. Gross!

Oh I know what you mean Trudi, there are some girls round this way that really should use a full length mirror before they leave the house.
    Low jeans are not fashionable if your waist is rolled up & over your jeans & protruding past your shoulders! <shudder>

ETA I'm not saying that Trudi looks anything like what I describe I hasten to add.
    Last edited by Dirk Gently; 15th Jun 2007 at 1:22 PM.

I'm sure Trudi always looks fabulous though!
    One Day, I shall come back, Yes, I shall come back,
    Until them, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties, Just go forward in all your beliefs,
    and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine!

WhiteCrow Guest

Exhibit B was going to be "the midriff" look on girls who really shouldn't.

Alas there are very few people who can pull off the midriff, and to be honest even girls you'd never thing of as overweight can look bad in it, because it concentrates on the middle, which unless it's absolutely tight and perfect is going to look silly. Heck even Kate Moss after a "all you can eat Pizza Hut" probably couldnt pull off a midriff. Which is why she avoid carbs but piles on the cocaine ...