Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

It's probably all true. The wedding rumours were kicking about earlier in the year.

Not been reading this thread so don't know if it's news or not but there's an interview with Barrowman on Teletext in which he says that Jack is more humours in series 2 and more like he was in Doctor Who plus when Martha arrives, she's an important government figure.

Ooooh love.

Almost missed this BBC2 Winter Press Pack:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pre...bctwo_tw.shtml

Torchwood

Torchwood, the award-winning drama created by Doctor Who writer Russell T Davies, returns for an even bigger and bolder series with Captain Jack Harkness (John Barrowman) and his alien-fighting team, premiering on BBC Two.

Captain Jack, Gwen (Eve Myles), Owen (Burn Gorman), Toshiko (Naoko Mori) and Ianto (Gareth David-Lloyd) – the team of investigators solving alien and human crimes in the underworld of modern-day Cardiff – face high-octane adventures which push their resolve and friendships as never before.

Joined by Freema Agyeman (Doctor Who's Martha Jones) for three episodes and with guest stars Richard Briers (Monarch Of The Glen), Alan Dale (Ugly Betty, Neighbours) and James Marsters (Buffy The Vampire Slayer), they journey from contemporary Cardiff to the 51st-Century, and back to the First World War.

On their travels, Torchwood battle fearsome new aliens; a rogue Time Agent; a tragic Time-Slip from the Great War; and a memory thief who uncovers long-forgotten secrets among the entire team.

Pip Madeley Guest

Sounds much more interesting this time round, anyway! No alien sex gas to be seen...

Lets hope they've gone for story quality over shock tactics this time.

Interesting.... http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/ne...00/7125182.stm

Will we similarly get an adults-only version of The Sarah Jane Adventures, with added swearing and the like?

I'm not quite sure how that will work really. I can see that maybe they might edit out some of the gore, and perhaps remove the swearing, and any sex, but... If the argument FOR those is that its integral to the plot, how can they be removed? And if it's just as good without, isn't the gore/swearing/sex therefore gratuitous and hard to defend?

Pip Madeley Guest

Eve's looking hot.

Last edited by Milky Tears; 4th Dec 2007 at 12:54 AM.

"Coming Soon" trailer just on before Heroes.

Everyone seems to be raving about Series Two... so far.

Some more spoilery 'Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang' reviews:

LINKS CONTAIN SPOILERS!!

http://firefox.org/news/articles/966...039/Page1.html

http://www.sfx.co.uk/page/sfx?entry=..._two_screening

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a8107...torchwood.html

ITV Teletext Preview (Page 135)

Torchwood makes welcome return

A sports car helmed by a fish-headed alien screeches to a halt at a crossing, writes Jonathan Donald.

Seconds later, a blacked-out Range Rover thunders past, carrying Cardiff's men and women in black. An old lady waiting at the crossing sighs: "Bloody Torchwood."

So begins series two of the Doctor Who off-shoot, now booted up to BBC2 after its BBC3 debut last year. Funny, sexy and clever - it's a welcome return.

Having done so well with series one, a galaxy of guest stars graces the new series, beginning with James Marsters.

Marsters, who was Buffy's vampire ally Spike, plays Captain John who walks from a rift in time looking like a new romantic gun-slinger.

He wastes no time in dispatching one chap by dropping him off the side of a car park. And then there's a memorable encounter with Captain Jack Harkness, played by John Barrowman.
    Facing each other, the pair share a lingering kiss before engaging in some well-choreographed fisticuffs - it's so Women in Love but without the roaring fire or bare bodies.

Turns out John is a blast from Jack's past with the suggestion that they were once lovers - no-one in Torchwood is heterosexual, they're all omni-sexual.

Hostilities over, John is reluctantly invited to team with the hot-to-trot alien-busting team.

All in all it's a blistering return for the series, with the cast and production team obviously growing in confidence since its 2006 debut.

As with Doctor Who, it's sexy, intelligent drama which transcends nerdy sci-fi.
    And with appearances to come from Alan Dale (Ugly Betty, Neighbours) and Liver Birds star Nerys Hughes - no less - it can only get better.

- Torchwood, BBC2, mid-January
    Last edited by Milky Tears; 6th Dec 2007 at 2:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pip Madeley View Post

Eve's looking hot.
    you can say that again - boy she's lovely.

Even with that Madonna gap in her front teeth?

Pip Madeley Guest

You wouldn't turn her down though, would you?

Well, if things were different & I wasn't attached then I might consider it.

Pip Madeley Guest

More pics:

Eve remains hot.

Naoko's looking good, too.

Heck, I'd do them all.

I refer the Pervhoundinman to post 33.

Ah! Duly noted.

I'm looking forward to strange aliens, the mysterious device that reveals the teams inner secrets, and romance for Jack when a timeslip to the war opens.

Hang on, wasn't that Series 1?

Si.

I STILL haven't got round to watching series one yet!

Pip Madeley Guest

More piccies:

Eve... you know what I'm going to say.

More here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/torchwood/sites...ies2/all.shtml

Is Eve's right hand on her coin purse?

Coin purse!

Check out Marfa and Marsterrrrrrs in this new BBC America Torchwood Series Two trailer thingy:

CONTAINS SERIES TWO SPOILERS!!
    http://freemaagyeman.com/news/2007/1...railer-martha/

Eve looks like Michelle Ryan used to do in that group pic of them.

I found these SPOILERS on a message board somewhere... it's a lot I know I wonder if there's any truth to them:

So since there's already been some stuff around here about series 2, I figured I'd post the bulk of the spoilers I've got to date. Series 2 is looking more and more brilliant. I can't wait until January. Remember I am not saying all of this will happen. This is just a collection of little bits of official, non-official, writer and actor information I've received. And if anyone has any info to add please feel free.

Confirmed guest appearances: James Marsters, Freema Agyeman, Alan Dale, Richard Briers, Nikki Amuka-Bird, Ben Walker, Julian Bleach, Camilla Power, Rhys Myers and Bryan Dick.

Episode List (some are working titles):
    Episode 1 "Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang"
    Written by Chris Chibnall; Directed by Ashley Way
    Jack returns! Initially the team is upset with him for leaving. A new character, Captain John Hart played by James Marsters, a rogue time agent and past lover of Jack's arrives at Torchwood 3. It seems like he will by the viewers 'eyes' for this episode; viewing the team as very sexy. Captain John encourages Jack to return to his old ways and also attempts harming other team members. Jack's clash with Captain John is going to be violent and sexy, possibly involving a drunken fight; there will be snogging. According to James Marsters, it will be very titillating. Ianto's infamous stopwatch returns to play an important role.

Episode 2 "Sleeper"
    Written by James Moran; Directed by Colin Teague
    When a burglary turns into a slaughter, Torchwood suspect alien involvement. Who is Beth, and can she be as innocent as she seems? However, when the investigation escalates into a city-wide assault, Captain Jack realises that the whole planet is in danger. Ianto's stopwatch may return again for this episode.

Episode 3 "To the Last Man"
    Written by Helen Raynor; Directed by Andy Goddard
    A man from WWI falls through the Rift, but the team have to send him back to his own time due to the opened rift, thus putting his life at risk. This will also be a tragic love story as Tosh will fall for the lost soldier. Nikki Amuka-Bird is said to appear in this episode.

Episode 4 "Meat"
    Written by Catherine Tregenna; Directed by Colin Teague
    The Torchwood team will possibly be investigating an alien meat market.

Episode 5 "Adam" (rumored to be bumped back to ep 9)
    Written by Catherine Tregenna; Directed by Colin Teague
    Adam is a childhood friend of Jack's who has telepathic abilities. Also, a memory thief uncovers secrets about each member of the team. This seems to be an episode about Jack's past. We see flashbacks to the 51st Century, Jack's youth, his family (his father's death), and his homeland. If we see Jack's brother, it's possible he may return in another episode. We will also go back in time to find out how Jack became part of Torchwood. Rhys Myers plays young Adam and Bryan Dick plays adult Adam.

Episode 6 "Reset" (1 of 3)
    Written by JC Wilsher; Directed by Ashley Way
    Two members of the team, Owen and another will experience an alternate reality. They see how their lives could have been had they taken different paths. Martha Jones is called upon by Jack.

Episode 7 "Death comes to Torchwood" (2 of 3)
    Written by Matt Jones; Directed by Andy Goddard
    Torchwood is investigating a series of mysterious deaths and Jack has called in Martha Jones to help. Martha's arrival will initially cause tension within the team. Her closeness to Jack will cause jealousy for Ianto and possibly Gwen. She will spend much of her time with Jack and Owen. Martha will have a feisty relationship with Owen, but not a sexual relationship. A Martha episode involves the 'Pharm,' an alien species.

Episode 8 "Day in the Death Of" (3 of 3)
    Written by Joseph Lidster; Directed by Andy Goddard
    Martha's help is needed when something life changing happens to a member of the team, almost certainly Gwen or Owen. The possible reasons are Owen's transforming into an alien (possibly a Weevil), or Gwen is pregnant with an alien baby. Also 'Death' may be appearing as a character/entity.

Episode 9 "Wedding"
    Written by Phil Ford
    A wedding takes place between Gwen and Rhys, but all does not go according to plan. There maybe some uninvited guests. Also Gwen is infact pregnant (she sports a nice size bump), possibly with a half-alien baby. There is still something happening with Owen, but what exactly isn't clear yet.

Episode 10 "Prequel"
    Written by PJ Hammond
    'Black and white' people begin appearing from moving films of the 1920's. This episode is said to be terrifying. Ianto is supposedly quite affected by what happens in this episode.

Episode 11 "Adrift"
    Written by Chris Chibnall
    Apparently this is 'a script of Chris Chibnall's life'.

Episode 12 "From out of the Rain"
    No real details except that we learn some important info about Ianto's past.

Episode 13 "Spaceship Under Bay"
    The finale and long awaited return of Captain John played by James Marsters, from episode 1 "Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang." During this episode Jack is subjected to a violent attack; possibly at the hands of his brother. Depending on the end of this episode, *Jack's appearance in series 4 of Doctor Who may be explained (i.e. does he leave Torchwood like the end of series 1, or is his appearance in Doctor Who series 4 a different version of Jack).
    [*Jack's appearance in series 4 of Doctor Who has not been officially confirmed by the BBC, but JB has said he'd return in the series.]

Here are some other spoilers that are fairly general:
    1. The team gets closer during the new series and really starts working together as a team more than in series 1.
    2. There is going to be a lot of alien influence in this series.
    3. Weevils will appear in several episodes, and the species will be further explored; possibly in relation to Owen, specifically continuing from "Combat."
    4. Jack and Ianto's relationship is developed. This may or may not be just a friendly relationship. JB has said it is possible Jack settles down with a man in series 2, but which man is still a mystery.
    5. Jack and Gwen's relationship is a very important part of series 2; the romantic relationship looks even less likely than originally hinted at by EM. JB has basically denied a Jack/Gwen romantic relationship in series 2 and focused more on the developing relationship between Jack and Ianto, plus Gwen will be (attempting) to marry Rhys. I think a lot of their relationship will be an elaboration on series 1, and since Gwen will be the second in command she'd be even more under Jack's guidance.
    6. Ianto and Owen may embark on new relationships outside of Torchwood. Ianto's is supposedly with a female character and Owen's is a male character.
    7. U.N.I.T will be involved in an episode, at least one scene with Tosh. Possibly related is a scene with Owen and Tosh, holding a young boy, running from a building. After they are outside Owen kisses Tosh and runs back inside. This might mean a possible relationship is building between Tosh and Owen.
    8. There is a scene in one episode where Ianto seems to aid Jack during a Weevil attack. This scene seems likely to be part of the alternate paths/"Reset" or memory thief/"Adam" episode.
    9. In one episode, Gwen may show Rhys where she works.
    10. There was a semi-dispelled rumor of Gwen falling through the Rift back in time to meet an earlier/bad version of Jack. Supposedly she'd be gone a few episodes, possibly those where Martha arrives, but I don't believe this idea at all as she's in the Martha episodes. Sounds fun though.
    11. Owen will experience a traumatic event during the middle of the series, most certainly during one of Martha's episodes.
    12. Ianto is more involved and important we learn more about his past; he's not just making the coffee. There may be more development of Ianto and Tosh's friendship.
    13. Richard Briers will be playing Parker, a reclusive 90 year old millionaire who facing death and is the keeper of alien secrets, later in the series. My guess is episode 10 "Prequel" as he said the script scared him.

Bonus info:
    1. All the main actors are set to return for a third series if the series continues.
    2. James Marsters will be returning in the future as Captain John so long as the show goes into production.
    3. Dannii Minogue may have a role in the next series.

Hooray, Bryan loveliness

More Spoilers! in this Freema Agyeman interview from today's Sunday Telegraph (as posted on freemaagyeman.com)

CONTAINS SPOILERS!
    http://freemaagyeman.com/news/2008/0...ven-interview/