Thread: My DWAD story

Default My DWAD story

Coming in July 2007, this is an Audio Drama I've been working on for quite some time, and it's nearly out.

Hortima Prime
    Release date: July 2007

Captin's log: We have landed on the planet Hortima Prime, a new planet in the Hortima system. We are responding to a distress call from the colonists who recently landed there. This this time, however, we have received no further contact...at least from the colonists, that is. I can't help but feel that we are being watched. Scouting parties report no sign of any of the colonists nor other life forms, yet I can't help shake this feeling. And I swear I can hear voices. But it must be my imagination. Too many long trips stuck inside a tin can makes the mind play tricks on people.

I've decided to take a party to what appears to be a set of ruins in the distance. If the colonists are anywhere, they might be there. At least, that's where I would go for shelter. I will report back anything I find immediately upon my return.

------------

Captain's log, Lt. Matthews reporting. The captain has not returned from his scouting expidition. Several other crew members have disappeared as well. In his absence, let the record show that I am assuming command. I am setting the ship on alter and have ordered the crew to being carring sidearms in the event of hostilities. It is my opinion that some of the crew have deserted to join the colonists in rebellion agianst the home planet. Some of the remaining crew may also be planning to join them. I swear can hear voices whispering in the corridors...

Now available to download from the DWAD website.

http://www.dwad.net/catalogue/flynnframe.html

I'll have a listen later on!

So what's this all about Paul - is it Doctor Who related, or something different?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

So what's this all about Paul - is it Doctor Who related, or something different?
    It's a Doctor Who fan audio I wrote for the Dr Who Audio Dramas. It's taken a long time to go from writing to production, I started writing it at the same time I started my e-novella Darkness on the Edge of Town.

What's the concept? How are they using the name Doctor Who and charging for them if they're unlicensed?

Si.

What's the concept? How are they using the name Doctor Who and charging for them if they're unlicensed?
    The charge is meant to cover costs, they don't make a profit from the audios. Keep in mind that all their audios are shipped from their U.S distribution centre, as the UK one stopped a year or so back.
    The cost is for a CD with cover to be sent over, but of course all the stories are also free to download too.