Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Speculation Thread: Last of the Time Lords

Since there's no speculation allowed on the Sound of Drums thread, please feel free to speculate away about Last of the Time Lords here!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I think it'll be between 45 and 50 minutes long and feature some over the top acting.

Si.

I think there will be a lot of people running about with guns -

On a serious note, I wonder if the title means that either the Doctor or the Master will get killed, once more leaving one person as "the last of the Time Lords"? Either that or the Doctor turns the Master back into a human again.

Believe it or not I did at one point wonder if those globes housed the Great Intelligence! But that's what you get for trying to do "The Abominable Snowmen" audio on the way to work every day.

Si.

Bets please?

The Toclafaine are the humans from Utopia: 20 to 1.
    The Toclafaine are an entirely new invention: 8 to 1.
    The Toclafaine are the Time Lords: 2 to 1.
    The Toclafaine are an amalgam of the Daleks and Cybermen chucked in the void at the end of the last year: 100 to 1.

And more worryingly:

The Doctor presses an enormous 'reset switch' at the end and takes time back to before he was made old: Even Odds.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    On a serious note, I wonder if the title means that either the Doctor or the Master will get killed, once more leaving one person as "the last of the Time Lords"? Either that or the Doctor turns the Master back into a human again.

Si.
    I think the title is more refering to The Doctor & The Master, being the "Last of The Time Lords" rather than just one obviously The Doctor being the last one left. Personaly I'll be very supprised if RTD kills The Master off and I susppect it will just like with the Daleks be left open for him to return at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    Bets please?

The Toclafaine are the humans from Utopia: 20 to 1.
    The Toclafaine are an entirely new invention: 8 to 1.
    The Toclafaine are the Time Lords: 2 to 1.
    The Toclafaine are an amalgam of the Daleks and Cybermen chucked in the void at the end of the last year: 100 to 1.

And more worryingly:

The Doctor presses an enormous 'reset switch' at the end and takes time back to before he was made old: Even Odds.
    well then Steve, what are the odds on The Master turning out to be The Doctor's long lost brother but did not know he was his brother because his mind was wipped by Rasilon.

the odds on The Master turning out to be The Doctor's long lost brother but did not know he was his brother because his mind was wipped by Rasilon.
    That quite literally won't happen.

If it does, I will drive to Cardiff personally and stand outside RTD's house with a huge banner bearing the single word: "WHY?"

(Or I might just send Si.)
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

My wild and inaccurate guesses (and based on no spoiler knowledge) are:

- the Master will escape at the end, and take Martha with him as a hostage
    - Captain Jack will leave again and rejoin Torchwood, having lost his immortality.
    - Mrs Saxon will come to a nasty end, probably at the Master's hands.
    - the fact the Master has turned the TARDIS into a 'Paradox Machine' will have a big impact on the resolution (ie the name)
    - Tish will become the Doctor's companion for the Christmas special
    - the Utopia 'is it real - is it a fake' resolution will be competely ignored
    - neither McFly or Anne Widdecombe will be killed by the Toclafane
    - Milky Tears won't like it
    Bazinga !

WhiteCrow Guest

I believe for the first 30 minutes it'll all look impossibly hopeless.

I think at about 35 minutes, the Doctor will announce that all along he had a cunning plan, he'll rewire the Tardis/paradox machine and all the evil orbs will be sucked back into the rift.

In this way it'll be surprisingly like Parting of the Ways/Doomsday for the convenient way the threat will be neutralised. Am I a bit jaded or was the series always like that?

I think the Doctor will die, Martha will be sucked in to the rift with the Toclafane, the Master will travel the universe with Jack in the newly refurbished TARDIS looking for Martha because the Doctor's mind is now in the Master. Milky Tears will love the series finale.

I think this is unlikely; there's a very brief clip in the trailer of the Doctor 'shimmering' about like he does when he was turned old, suggesting the Lazarus zappy thing comes out again and reverses itself to restore him?

Si.

Lucy Saxon will continue her pervy tongue action. Well, until she dies halfway through the episode.

Kylie will be "doing a Zoe" on the TARDIS console right at the end of the episode. Milky Tears will claim it's too wide!

Larry will come up with some mad idea.

Si Hunt will still be waiting for 'Utopia'.

I reckon David Tennant will get his ding dong out.

That'll sort it.

Damnit, old Doctor Who never shipped all its characters off in a rocket at the end and didn't even tell you if they'd got anywhere!

Si.

Dave Lewis Guest

Jon Masters will have been proved to have some psychic powers if he really has avoided all spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lewis View Post
    Jon Masters will have been proved to have some psychic powers if he really has avoided all spoilers.

I'm allergic to all spoiler threads.

" For D - the money is in the old tin at the back of the shelf "
    Bazinga !

Damnit, old Doctor Who never shipped all its characters off in a rocket at the end and didn't even tell you if they'd got anywhere!
    I won't blame you for not remembering the ending to Underworld.

Underwhat?

Si.

Actually there's a few examples of stories that end with the surviving characters leaving in a rocket of soe kind. In season 12 the Doctor beams down to check the transmat on Earth, but gets hijacked by the Time Lords, does a bit of officially sanctioned interfering on Skaro, then gets back to Nerva about 10,000 years too early to tell Vira that the transmat is fixed!

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    I think it'll be between 45 and 50 minutes long and feature some over the top acting.

Si.
    51.5 minutes, according to DWM. They've stuck Kylie's new video on the end of it.

There are some strange ideas that one of the Doctor's previous incarnations will help.

Whatever happens, the Master will escape and kidnap Martha. Kylie will fill the Donna role in the Xmas special. And Tish will probably become companion in Series 4.

Are the Toclafaine actually the Replicators from Stargate SG-1?

WhiteCrow Guest

Hmm - I wonder. The voice of the Toclafaine reminds me a bit of the voice of the Gelth, that same kind of slighly creepy childlike quality.

And they come through a rift similar to the Cardiff rift. I wonder if there'll be a link?

Whatever happens, the Master will escape and kidnap Martha. Kylie will fill the Donna role in the Xmas special. And Tish will probably become companion in Series 4.
    I'll be quoting you on that come Sunday!