Director: Barnaby Edwards
    Starring: Paul McGann as the Doctor
    Release Date: October 2006
    Recorded: TBC
    Sound Design and Music: TBC
    Production Code: 8YD
    ISBN: 978-1-84435-183-1

Confession. Penance. Absolution.

The Tardis breaks down in a forbidden sector of space. Ghostly voices cry out for salvation and only C'rizz, the Doctor's Eutermesan companion, can answer their call - for only he knows the secret of the Absolver. But will he use it to rescue his friends or save the universe?

The Doctor's sins are catching up with him and the infernal beast Borarus is hungry. Time is running out and Judgement Day is at hand.

Welcome to Hell.

This story takes place after the TV movie.
    One companion to go!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I don't know why their descriptions always have to be so cryptic. At least you know what you're getting with the descriptions of our stories. Big Finish's are all...

"A lone girl with a trumpet. A spaceship shaped like an enormous buttered teacake. The medieval hordes of Klax are rearing up behind the 2nd Gravic Box, but meanwhile the Doctor has a date with an old fobwatch maker and a circus clown in 5th Century Whitby.

But can he save the world before the Hour of Time's Seepage?"

Si.

Ooh, that sounds good, Si, when's it out?

Pip Madeley Guest

Is that the next PS audio after Magical History Tour? So Paul Monk DOES return as the Doctor?

Is that release date supposed to be October 2007, or has it been out for eight months?

Oh, and I misread "the infernal beast Borarus" as Borusa at first...

This story takes place after the TV movie.
    Well duh! McGann wasn't the Doctor before the TV movie was he.

It could have taken place in the middle of the TV Movie!

Here's the cover:

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Cooool, "i'll buy that for a dollar" ( or 14.99 )
    " I Love Humans, They Are Always Seeing Patterns In Things That Are Not There " The Eighth Doctor

Default Doctor Who 101:Absolution

Has now arrived...

It has indeed, & I've listened to the 1st CD. I'll wait for the finale but I'm not blown away by it.

Just in case no one has seen it.

Confession. Penance. Absolution.

The Tardis breaks down in a forbidden sector of space. Ghostly voices cry out for salvation and only C'rizz, the Doctor's Eutermesan companion, can answer their call - for only he knows the secret of the Absolver. But will he use it to rescue his friends or save the universe?

The Doctor's sins are catching up with him and the infernal beast Borarus is hungry. Time is running out and Judgement Day is at hand.

Welcome to Hell.

Please in future check before starting new threads which are duplicated. This story's thread was only at the bottom of the page and there's no need for a new thread to be started for it.

Si xx

I really don't know what to make of this one. It was quite enjoyable, but somehow didn't seem to be particularly focussed. The author seemed to have loads of good little ideas, but nothing really big enough to be the central one, so he just threw them all into the air and hoped. It was performed brilliantly and the characters did seem to come alive but I'm just not sure that the story was up to the standard of the acting.

The C'rizz thing. Hmm. It just seemed shoe horned in because it was his last story. There weren't enough hints about his true nature for the end to ring true. It should have been foreshadowed a lot more for it to work properly. As it was it just seemed to be there to give him a good send off. It was very well acted and quite moving, but I have a sneaky suspicion that the whole character wasn't really thought through at all. Still his final scene with India Fisher was really rather moving, which is something.

The ending simply didn't ring true at all. The Doctor's reactions seemed callous and wrong. Not even McGann's Doctor, after all he's been through would be this unfeeling. It wasn't right and again just seemed to be there so that there was a lead in to the next story and to give Charley a reason to want to leave.

After the great stories we've had recently this one was a bit of let down really.

Si xx

It's half price this week as one of Play's "Deals of the Week".
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

Although unfocused as a whole I enjoyed Absolution,resolving as it did many of the mysteries regarding C'rizz;due largely to previous writers not really knowing what to do with the character.There were particularly strong scenes early on in the TARDIS,evoking a sense of claustrophobia.The whole thing had good performances and there was an epic quality although I do feel the very last scene was shoehorned in as the following Eighth Doctor tale would be Charley's last...