Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Concert For Diana (Wembley Stadium 1st July)

Big gig at the shiny new Wembley Stadium this weekend (just incase anyone had missed it all over the news ) in honour of Diana, Princess of Wales. Sunday would've been her 46th birthday.

Some decent acts in the lineup:

Lily Allen
    Natasha Bedingfield
    James Blunt
    Sarah Brightman
    Diddy
    Jason Donovan
    Duran Duran
    English National Ballet
    The Feeling
    Fergie
    Bryan Ferry
    Nelly Furtado
    Rodger Hodgson (Supertramp)
    Elton John
    Tom Jones
    James Morrison
    Orson
    Status Quo
    Rod Stewart
    Joss Stone
    Take That
    Pharrell Williams
    Kanye West
    Will Young
    Wix Wickens

Anastacia, Andrea Bocelli, Sarah Brightman, Jason Donovan, Josh Groban, Lee Mead and Donny Osmond are meant to be performing a musical medley arranged by Andrew Lloyd Webber.

http://www.concertfordiana.com/home/index.aspx

Proceeds from the concert will go to charity: Diana, Princess of Wales Memorial Fund, Centrepoint and Sentebale.

Wayne Guest

Left blank coz it might cause offence
    Last edited by Wayne; 30th Jun 2007 at 3:29 AM.

Might?! Jesus...I saw the unedited post and nearly commented but thought you might come back and edit it...but to use the C word about her so many times...And to say that all of that about her mirkin...I was shocked, I can tell ya!

Wayne Guest

I can't remember exactly what i put, 'coz i was very drunk last night, but i think it's a discussion i'd best stay out of.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post

I can't remember exactly what i put, 'coz i was very drunk last night, but i think it's a discussion i'd best stay out of.
    Don't be such a big girl's blouse! spit it out man!

Wayne Guest

I can't be arsed. She/It isn't worth the effort involved.

I'm going to the concert tomorrow. Really looking forward to it. There are so many acts I've always wanted to see live that are appearing.

I have some knickers to chuck at Tom!

""""""""She/It isn't worth the effort involved.""""""""

I'm certain her sons will not mind the effort and will think it very worthwhile indeed!

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by davethesailor View Post

""""""""She/It isn't worth the effort involved.""""""""

I'm certain her sons will not mind the effort and will think it very worthwhile indeed!
    I meant the effort it would take for me to post my thoughts about Diana & this whole thing. Not really worth me getting into the discussion, as the effort isn't really worth it for me, because ultimately i don't really care about the whole media fuelled circus.
    I have my opinions about what kind of person Diana was, & they're probably not wholly appropriate for this thread, But FWIW, when she died, the 2 boys were the only people i felt any genuine sympathy for. But no more so than i would for any other children who lost their mother.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    I meant the effort it would take for me to post my thoughts about Diana & this whole thing. Not really worth me getting into the discussion, as the effort isn't really worth it for me, because ultimately i don't really care about the whole media fuelled circus.
    I have my opinions about what kind of person Diana was, & they're probably not wholly appropriate for this thread, But FWIW, when she died, the 2 boys were the only people i felt any genuine sympathy for. But no more so than i would for any other children who lost their mother.
    I must confess that I have no idea ay all as to how anyone can have an issue with this concert. I think it's lovely.

Dave x

It's a shame it's almost certainly going to have such awful weather.

..and more of a shame that Bunton is too pregnant otherwise the Spice Girls might have been there.

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by davethesailor View Post
    I must confess that I have no idea ay all as to how anyone can have an issue with this concert. I think it's lovely.

Dave x
    Well i hope you enjoy it, Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon R View Post
    It's a shame it's almost certainly going to have such awful weather.

..and more of a shame that Bunton is too pregnant otherwise the Spice Girls might have been there.
    I hadn't really thought of the weather. Isn't it covered over?

God it's hideous.

Pip Madeley Guest

Does Simon Le Bon think he's David Tennant?

We haven't bothered with it but at least it hasn't rained yet.

Pip Madeley Guest

Whenever I looked at the TV there were a few shots of 50+ year old women "dancing" whilst Pharrell Williams performed 'Drop It Like It's Hot'.

Duran Duran were good for about thirty seconds (the intro to 'Wild Boys'), Lily Allen's legs were too wide, Fergie looks about 50 and Nelly Fanjita and Orson were mince. At least The Feeling and Rodger Hodgson from Supertramp rocked my tiny world.

Some classic crowd shots as well.

Live Earth won't be much better.

It's a very middle-aged audience. The atmosphere isn't shining through on the TV broadcast...

Trudi G Guest

I thought Lily Allen and Fergie were good - just a shame they forgot to turn Fergie's mic up til the end of the 1st song!

Trudi G Guest

Aww - i'm just watching the kids from Chicken Shed, singing the backing for 'Any Dream Will Do' and it reminded me of my friends mums funeral a couple of years ago. She worked with Chicken Shed because one of her children had severe cerebral palsy, and when she died unexpectedly, they did her a lovely send-off.

Pip Madeley Guest

Just caught my dad crying during Natasha Bedingfield's bit.

I gave him a hug.

Diddy was good.

There were lots of old men on stage. Tom Jones and Joss Stone evoked the air of lecherous old tramp and his 400 hooker.

Si.

Shame he kept calling her Josh.

WhiteCrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Trudi G View Post
    I thought Lily Allen and Fergie were good - just a shame they forgot to turn Fergie's mic up til the end of the 1st song!
    I don't really get this. Diana died 10 years ago, but there's all this music she'd never have heard of being played to comemorate her life? Surely all the acts should have been 10 years plus in showbiz? It's like commemorating Glen Miller by getting the Spice Girls to sing "Wannabe".