Thread: Happy Mondays

Default Happy Mondays

I'm currently playing "Wrote for luck" really loud. It still sounds like the best warehouse party ever. Makes me want to dance!

"Bummed" is one of my favourite albums of the time- hacylon days that they were. Back in the present and the Mondays are releasing their first album in 14 years...not the first time they've had another stab at recording new material, but the last time wasn't particularly successful.

I do think they were a great band for the times and places they originally represented, but I'm not sure about now. What do you think?

I'm amazed they're all still alive after their gargantuan intake of drugs down the years!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Yeah, it is quite surprising!

I might go and see them actually. I'm sure they still put on a decent gig. I have a soft spot for them from the days when I was a teenager wearing baggy jeans, bright t-shirts and those hats everyone seemed to wear. I thought I looked cool in '89, but I'd perhaps look a right div now!

The new album is pretty good lyrically, but the music & backing is so dull & pedestrian. He just doesn't have a good band behind him now, without his brother. Bummed is fantastic, mainly (imo) due to Martin Hannett's amazing production, Wrote For Luck is amazing!
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

I don't think this advert was shown on TV!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLAKJiHQcTo

Captain Tancredi Guest

I think I was on a bus with him the other day.

My colleague Bryan, on the other hand, is going to be the Bez of Forward Russia.

My colleague Bryan, on the other hand, is going to be the Bez of Forward Russia.
    I compute that sentance has about 5 possible meanings! Sounds cool for Bryan whatever!

I saw the new album today. There was a time when I would have rushed to buy it. Not today though. I liked them better as Black Grape! Shame about the Kermit-NME-interview-break-up incident

G-Mex Squirrel and the Plastic... 24 Hour Party People is my favourite of their songs. It's got such a fab intro.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post

G-Mex Squirrel and the Plastic... 24 Hour Party People is my favourite of their songs. It's got such a fab intro.
    It's a good 'un. Ahhhhhhhhhh, hacylon days!