Default Dennis Hopper in Series Four?

I believe The Sun's latest exclusive:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2...300905,00.html

Quote Originally Posted by The Sun
    Dennis is a space Hopper
    July 05, 2007

EASY RIDER star Dennis Hopper is set to rev across the galaxy – with a role in Doctor Who.

The Hollywood legend, 71, is in talks with bosses of the cult TV show about a guest role.

If he signs up, he is expected to play a baddie in the fourth series which starts filming in Cardiff later this month.

An insider said: “Dennis is a big fan of the show and bosses are really keen to get him on board.

“Discussions have been going on for some time but his diary is proving a nightmare to work around.

“However everyone is hopeful they can make something work.”

On the right we show how Dennis could look in the show.

Doctor Who bosses are aiming high for the new season after the last run, starring David Tennant as the timelord, pulled in audiences of more than eight million viewers.

The Sun revealed yesterday how telly comic Catherine Tate will replace Freema Agyeman as the Doctor’s time-travelling companion.

Catherine, 39, played a bolshy bride in the Who Christmas special last year.

And pop megastar Kylie Minogue has started filming scenes for this year’s Yuletide extravaganza.

The new series is set to be the last one headed by Russell T Davies, the drama writer who successfully relaunched Doctor Who in 2005.

He has overseen every series since but now wants to concentrate on other projects.

Although there are no plans to make any more series, TV Biz can reveal it won’t be the end of the timelord.

The show will return as a number of specials, scattered throughout the year after screening of the fourth series ends in 2008.

Also picked up by Digital Spy

The stuff at the bottom of The Sun's article (series of specials), along with the Woody Allen rumour, resurfaced on OG earlier in the week.

The new series is set to be the last one headed by Russell T Davies, the drama writer who successfully relaunched Doctor Who in 2005.

He has overseen every series since but now wants to concentrate on other projects.

Although there are no plans to make any more series, TV Biz can reveal it won’t be the end of the timelord.

The show will return as a number of specials, scattered throughout the year after screening of the fourth series ends in 2008.
    Hmm. At the end of the Last of the Time Lords podcast, Russell suggested that 'some future production team' might pick up the story about the Master's ring. This is kind of making me believe that should the current boyos stand down, that someone else would take over and production of the show would continue in the same way.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Pip Madeley Guest

It also suggests he won't be returning to the character as long as he's in charge. As for Dennis Hopper, I don't really care if he's in Who or not.

Hopper can be great, and he can be really awful too. His recent turn as a villain in 24 was good though, so hopefully he'll be great in Who as well. Though I wouldn't want to see him reprise his role as Frank in Blue Velvet...That'd just be...wrong...

Yes. Daddy wants to... etc