Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

No, I don't believe she has.

"Time Meddler" is well-rumoured. Not long ago they let slip about some restoration work on a "historical ship" bit of stock footage.

Si.

Oh bother still no Delgado Master stories on the horizon then

Still at least Robot is on the list, which is one of my favourite Tom Baker stories and was originally transmitted on my 6th birthday so it has special significance for me
    Last edited by Thasc; 10th Jan 2007 at 12:51 PM.
    'Steed is one of my most valuable subjects he's too valuable to lose'

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Vale View Post
    This comment from The Bignell on OG, suggests a Time Meddler commentary is in the can??

Has Maureen O'Brien been on any commentaries for dvds already released?
    Maureen was interviewed for The Web Planet documentary along with Martin Jarvis though, so maybe that's what he's on about.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    Maureen was interviewed for The Web Planet documentary along with Martin Jarvis though, so maybe that's what he's on about.

Si xx

from the interview she gave in DWM recently I just get the feeling that shes not to keen to be that involved with Doctor Who..

Which make sit all the odder that she's done a couple of Big Finishes recently- even one that resurrects Vicki. Hmmm, one smell of money and they come running back.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

She's ours for the taking.

An 'Arc of Infinity' commentary is being recorded with Baker and Davison (according to Dr Who Online's Colin Baker podcast at the weekend), but I won't be buying it as Amsterdam and Sutton are too flat.

Default 2007/2008 Rumoured Releases

And posted on Digital Spy boards......

DR WHO - DVD - CLASSIC SERIES - Planned

The boyz at the RESTORATION TEAM and COSGROVE HALL, fresh from their triumphant release of Troughton's THE INVASION are currently working on a 2008 release of THE ICE WARRIORS.

Additionally, "experiments" in cleaning up and re-colouring for both Pertwee's TERROR OF THE AUTONS and THE DAEMONS continue with "success". No word on release dates.

There will be another "value DVD" release - similar in content to THE SONTARAN EXPERIMENT - later this year. THE AWAKENING.
    Sounds mostly made up....
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

All those sound very plausable though. "The Awakening" could include the Kameleon scene!

Si.

I think that's the most likely from that 'list'. It would be really funny if the Beeb had been secretly re-colouring Pertwee's, whilst Levine has been bigging up his own efforts.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

I bet Mark Ayres manually does a frame of "Terror of the Autons" each morning before breakfast.

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Milky Tears View Post
    An 'Arc of Infinity' commentary is being recorded with Baker and Davison (according to Dr Who Online's Colin Baker podcast at the weekend), but I won't be buying it as Amsterdam and Sutton are too flat.
    I thought this story was all but completed and ready for release as I'm sure that this was the story that was cancaled last year and replaced by Mark of the Rani..

DR WHO - DVD - CLASSIC SERIES - Planned

The boyz at the RESTORATION TEAM and COSGROVE HALL, fresh from their triumphant release of Troughton's THE INVASION are currently working on a 2008 release of THE ICE WARRIORS.

Additionally, "experiments" in cleaning up and re-colouring for both Pertwee's TERROR OF THE AUTONS and THE DAEMONS continue with "success". No word on release dates.

There will be another "value DVD" release - similar in content to THE SONTARAN EXPERIMENT - later this year. THE AWAKENING
    certainly don't think we will see an another animated release before next year and that The Ice Warriors is the most logical choice.

as for Terror and The Daemons, if true then this is great news we desperatly need to see more stories featuring Roger Delgado and these are two of his best..

As for The Awakening.. absoloutly love this story..

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    certainly don't think we will see an another animated release before next year and that The Ice Warriors is the most logical choice.

as for Terror and The Daemons, if true then this is great news we desperatly need to see more stories featuring Roger Delgado and these are two of his best..

As for The Awakening.. absoloutly love this story..
    Steve Roberts has said the Ice Warriors/Autons/Daemons/Awakening rumour is incorrect
    Last edited by Phillip Culley; 16th Jan 2007 at 6:08 PM.
    Your people? Your people??? They are MY people now!

Captain Tancredi Guest

It may be incorrect but it's a bit more like a decent release schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Culley View Post
    Steve Roberts has said the Ice Warriors/Autons/Daemons/Awakening rumour is incorrect

maybe - but he also said that Genesis of the Daleks, & Survival were not going to get released for some time and they were or will be.

The release scheduals are all ways a very closely guarded seceret so Steve Roberts, for obvious reasons is all ways going to deny any rumoured releases.

I wish they would release The Daemons, it's one of the stories I really want to see, but goes for billions on Ebay!

Pip Madeley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Milky Tears View Post
    An 'Arc of Infinity' commentary is being recorded with Baker and Davison
    Who knows when it'll see the light of day, but I bet it's a fantastic commentary

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Madeley View Post
    Who knows when it'll see the light of day, but I bet it's a fantastic commentary

stick Janet Fielding on there as well and it definitely be good..

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    maybe - but he also said that Genesis of the Daleks, & Survival were not going to get released for some time and they were or will be.

The release scheduals are all ways a very closely guarded seceret so Steve Roberts, for obvious reasons is all ways going to deny any rumoured releases.
    No - past experience has shown that if a rumour is true, he will carefully twist his words (for example with the Survival commentary rumours he said on December 04 that Sylvester and Sophie hadn't recorded a commentary. Which was true, since it hadn't been done at that time. He never said 'Survival is not coming out'. You'll find that if he gives an out-and-out denial then that's exactly what it is....

Also, with Genesis, he said the comment about it being 'the last DVD to be released' a long time before it was commissioned - more than likely someone at 2|Entertain wanted it, so they bought it forward.
    Your people? Your people??? They are MY people now!

THE TIME MEDDLER was out fairly recently on the box set -and will it be properly restored next time?

Steve Roberts was asked the following on the RT forum.....
    I was curious (all right, nosy) to know if there's any particular reason why prolific Doctor Who director Christopher Barry has not contributed to any of the DVD range, especially "The Beginning" boxed set, since he was one of the co-directors of the first Dalek story?

If anyone could shed some light on this I'd be grateful. I hope it's not due to ill health or anything like that.
    To which he replied.....
    Don't worry, he's on his way...
    Is this more confirmation of Robot being released soon?

I reckon so.

I'd love it if it were "Creature from the Pit" though!

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

I'm gonna stick Robot on eBay this weekend.

That's not a joke. I've got an eBay sale coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Vale View Post
    Steve Roberts was asked the following on the RT forum.....

To which he replied.....

Is this more confirmation of Robot being released soon?

can't say i'm exactly jumping for joy at the possible prospect of Robot being released..

I am.

I'm quite looking forward to it, I wonder if they'll 'fix' the look of the tank?