Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Gently View Post
    I am.

I'm quite looking forward to it, I wonder if they'll 'fix' the look of the tank?

oh yes that tank ---

Robot badly needs lots of extra CGI and model work done. But sadly I doubt they'd be the budget for it right now.

Si.

Don't go putting your vhs copy of Time Meddler* on e-bay just yet, this quote from Steve Roberts on OG......
    And I *still* haven't managed it - I've just had to cancel this commentary for the *fourth* time due to one of the contributors having to pull out. We're calling it the cursed commentary now!

*allegedly
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Lifted from OG.....
    I hope i do not get into trouble for this, if so delete my post, but i can tell you that thanks to one of the actors involved with Timelash answering a question on another site, that a commentary was recorded for this by Nicola Bryant, Colin Baker and Paul Darrow earlier this week.
    Cool. Or something.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Oh my!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Indeed.

I, obviously, look forward to it's release, and the humungous amount of humourous, witty "oh my f***ing god they're going to damage the range" type posts/threads on OG.

It's about time they were brave and released a "commonly thought of as a stinker" release. Let's face it, most fans are still going to buy it anyway.

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    It's about time they were brave and released a "commonly thought of as a stinker" release. Let's face it, most fans are still going to buy it anyway.

Si.
    and at the end of the day all the stories that are considered to be stinkers are going to have to be released sooner or later and I personaly think it's a good idea to release at lease one of them a year.
    Last edited by Larry; 2nd Feb 2007 at 11:55 AM.

I LIKE TIMELASH!

Ant x

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

SO DO I! I've still got the video here (autographed by Colin Baker no less (thanks to Steve Morgan)).

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ant Williams View Post
    I LIKE TIMELASH!

Ant x
    So why did you duck when i threw the vid across the pub?

Perhaps Ant didn't want to risk damaging the valuable video tape with his head?

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    So why did you duck when i threw the vid across the pub?
    I wasn't there that night!

Ant x

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ant Williams View Post
    I wasn't there that night!

Ant x
    Oh yes, I vaguely remember now shouting down the phone to you!

"Timelash" could be made boosted by some sort of "cancellation" era related extras I suppose seeing.

Pip Madeley Guest

That's right, put out a bobbins story with extras saying how bobbins Doctor Who was at the time and expect people to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon R View Post
    "Timelash" could be made boosted by some sort of "cancellation" era related extras I suppose seeing.

like just watch this crap story and you'll understand why we cancelled the original season 23.

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Madeley View Post
    That's right, put out a bobbins story with extras saying how bobbins Doctor Who was at the time and expect people to buy it.
    I like this word: 'bobbins'. What a curious word!
    I've not heard that word for ages, since it was spoken by a guitarist friend of mine called Andy, who i've not seen for a few years.
    He's from Manchester, so it must be a local colloquialism.

A special feature about Paul Darrow in general might be fun though.

Or 'How to Make Your Own Bandril'? Maybe a piece on the life of HG Wells. Or, which would be really interesting I think, a genuinely sensible documentary exploring fandom's opinion - since, if it is due out, Timelash would be the first release of a story that is (in the majority view) a stinker, it would be fascinating to see just how (a) that opinion has come about; and (b) the position of the fan, being a fan of something he or she dislikes. As long as it wasn't limited to just the usual 'uberfans', but actually took the effort to go to, say, some signings or conventions, to get a real cross-section of real fans, then it could be interesting I think.

Captain Tancredi Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    Maybe a piece on the life of HG Wells.
    Which would be interesting, not least because it would show up just how badly-researched the Wells-based parts of the story actually were.

I take the view that anything studio-based with a smallish cast is pretty much destined for a "basic" release. You could put footage of Nicola Bryant showering on there and it'd still be 'Timelash'- no amount of extras will disguise the fact that only dedicated fans are going to buy it.

There's also the argument raised once that most people who aren't Doctor Who fans wouldn't be able to tell that there was any paticular difference in quality between Timelash and Revelation of the Daleks.

I demand a skit on the Borad in the style of Eye on Blatchford, where he is found to be alive and well in the UK, writing popular books about a young wizard and his adventures at a borading school.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

It just needs a little creative marketing.

Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

@ Lissa!

Another marketing gimmick could be a tie-in Karfel Cornetto. You could have the ad campaign slogan "Most people depart ... with ice cream."
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

And to grab the new, young teenage girl fans of the series, you could market a range of eye make-up - Timelashes.