WhiteCrow Guest

Default There's no new Doctor Who tonight ...

What am I going to do? No idea how to spend a Saturday without Who on, how fickle is that?

How are you spending this first Who-less Saturday?

I'm not interested in these Live Earth concerts so I'l be filling in my evening with some DVDs, Two Ronnies, Starsky and Hutch, Dallas, some of the extras on the Forbidden Planet disc, and Viv wants to catch a film on Sky Box Office, I'm not too keen on that idea, we pay Sky enough without that, and we have Dr. House on Sky+ anyway, I quite like that one.

Well I don't know what I'll do.....

Be strong Ralph, be strong. If anyone is suffering withdrawal symptoms we're there for you.

Thanks Steve - believe me it's reassuring to know that!

WhiteCrow Guest

ITV must think Doctor Who is still on - they've put on Harry Potter again.

Only because they have a 'behind the magic' documentary on The Order of the Phoenix.

I'm sure I'll find something on sky movies.

WhiteCrow Guest

We decided (my son and I) to watch Utopia to Last of the Time Lords back to back.

Enjoyed them more rewatching than first time, although the script is riddled with problems - although I supposed the Paradox machine is there to explain it all away!

Holds up well as a "6 parter" (it's the same length as an old six part story). Though still not the strongest part of this season.

I flicked between the cricket and the tennis between 7 and 8, and later on caught up with some of the BBC4 kids and cult stuff that I'd missed first time around.

My Mum had emailed earlier to say that she and Dad didn't know what to do with no Who tonight - they love it! Dad also asked when Torchwood would be back!

Steve's viewing lineup above looks like it's 1980 all over again!
    Last edited by Jonno; 7th Jul 2007 at 11:25 PM. Reason: lineup - one word or two?!

I just had loads of gin and tonic and then fell asleep. A real departure from the heady days of "The Shakespeare Code" when I had loads of gin and tonic and fell asleep.

Si.

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jonno Simmons View Post
    caught up with some of the BBC4 kids and cult stuff
    Similarly, i watched this, whilst i transferred it to dvdr.

No Doctor Who = no disappointment!

Ant x

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

Quote Originally Posted by Jonno Simmons View Post
    Steve's viewing lineup above looks like it's 1980 all over again!

It didn't quite work out that way. We had the film on Box Office, Deja Vu with Denzel Washington, it was very good, and we enjoyed it, it was a tale about a time travelling cop, after that I wanted to watch House, but Viv started something else and she got engrossed in that while I was washing up, so I did end up watching an episode of Starsky and Hutch. I'm off to bed now, we'll watch House upstairs.

We had to force ourselves to go out in the sunshine and ride scary rollercoasters and then eat barbequed meats at a friend's house!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

to be honest never missed it or gave it a second thought as I was having my dinner at the time and then watched some football on sky.

I had the cricket on. If there hadn't been any, heaven help me I'd have been listening to Nekromanteia. I suppose I've still got that to look forward to...

Trudi G Guest

I watched a bit of Live Earth (particularly the bits with John Barrowman and David Tennant in) while i was getting ready to go out.
    The rest of the evening was spent at the Lockside Lounge in Camden with my mates, enjoying the manic Breakbeat barbecue party, lol!

transvamp Guest

I've been spending the time since, listening to Dalek Empire III on heavy rotation.

That must make you rather giddy! Surely it would be more pleasant listening to it while sitting still?

transvamp Guest

Itr's my Dizzy Dalek routine.