Thread: Is it worth it?

Default Is it worth it?

I missed any answers to the question I put the other day, due to the death of the site.

Is Torchwood worth watching? I missed the first two, so decided to wait a bit, to see if it was repeated from the start. Is it worth putting the DVD on my Xmas list, or would I better with some of the Dr Who's that I am missing.

well the jury is still out with me I'm watching each episode but Torchwood certainly has not hooked me yet so right now i'd say get those Doctor Who DVD's your missing..

Default Yes!

YES YES YES!

I'm loving it!
    One Day, I shall come back, Yes, I shall come back,
    Until them, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties, Just go forward in all your beliefs,
    and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine!

I think it's hard to say, since the episodes so far have shown a fair amount of variety (maybe not as much as Who, but even so). Cyberwoman and Countrycide were pretty grim, single-minded pieces; Day One was an OTT piece of bad taste; and the other two (not counting the first episode) were more small-scale, character pieces.

I suppose the question is, would we all be watching it if it wasn't for the Who connection?

I rather like it - even if it weren't for the Who connection, I think I would probably wait for the DVDs, but I would still watch Torchwood!

As for stylistically, it's been a bit of a mixed bag so far. The first episode, Everything Changes, is an introductory episode in a similar vein to Rose. From then on, it's ranged from the OTT (Day One), to the gritty (Ghost Machine, Countrycide) to the just plain fun (Cyberwoman). I suspect it's something that you'll have to watch and make up your own mind of - it does seem to have divided Who fandom

Ant x

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

I enjoyed the opening two episodes, but I haven't made the effort to watch any of the others I must confess - I can't put my finger on why that is though.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Meredith View Post
    I enjoyed the opening two episodes, but I haven't made the effort to watch any of the others I must confess - I can't put my finger on why that is though.
    i'm pretty much the same - I might buy the box set but I can't really say i'd go out of my way to get it and I can't really say right now i'd be dissapointed if it dose not get a second series.